24F Silent Controller 20kw 100-150v iOS/Android- $299>

Ok, so I was going over some small bumps in the pavement and all of a sudden the motor cogs really hard and the throttle does nothing. The motors spun freely when not connected to the controller, so I checked to see if the controller connections had any shorts between them and I found one between the green phase connection and the positive battery wire.
20190522_192008_LI.jpg
When I opened up the controller I didn't find any obvious signs anything had gone wrong, but I did notice that one of the tiny capacitors had been pushed aside by the battery wire. Maybe the bumps caused the wire to break the capacitor and short it?
20190522_184500_LI.jpg

Powervelocity.com said:
That looks like shorted mosfets on the green phase. Replacing those should bring it back to life.

TorgueRPM said:
The capacitor isn't shorted so I have no idea what the problem is

I haven't been able to find any info on the magnachip mosfets in the controller. What could I use to replace them?

They are not available in the US.
I can send you a few if you are comfortable replacing them.
PM me your address.

TorgueRPM said:
Powervelocity.com said:
That looks like shorted mosfets on the green phase. Replacing those should bring it back to life.

TorgueRPM said:
The capacitor isn't shorted so I have no idea what the problem is

I haven't been able to find any info on the magnachip mosfets in the controller. What could I use to replace them?

Hello PV person.
I tried to converse with you through email, but that doesn't seem to be going well, so I'll try this.

I bought one of the 18Fet controllers almost exactly 2 years ago. The BT module is internal. I am on Android.

It seems with each software update that it has become harder to program the controller. I barely got it programmed with my new battery voltage a few days ago (took many attempts). Then I saw that there was an update for the BT Module firmware, I assume. So I applied it. It appeared to apply properly, but every time I go into settings, it wants to apply the firmware update again.
Now I can't program or communicate with the controller at all. I see that PowerVelocity-I is there, but it won't program successfully.
My wife's iPhone doesn't see any bluetooth device so no help there.

Looks like I'm having the same problem as TorgueRPM

TorgueRPM said:
I think there might be an issue with my bluetooth module. It won't connect from the app unless I connect through my phone settings first (I only tried that because it wasn't connecting). Half the time the app doesn't even see the module, but when it does and I try to connect, it turns yellow and slides down the screen before reappearing.

I am very much so willing to pay a reduced price (for previous buyers) for one of those new BT 2.0 modules that you mention here:
http://powervelocity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25

Can I please get one of those ASAP? I'm down right now and having to use a car to commute is painful. Thanks!

PS The controller works fine otherwise. I have to reprogram it because I have changed battery voltage and it keeps cutting out at the LVD that I set. I can't reset that because I can't program the controller.

Please PM or email if you haven't done so. We should have a new module for you.

Trailblazer said:
Hello PV person.
I tried to converse with you through email, but that doesn't seem to be going well, so I'll try this.

I bought one of the 18Fet controllers almost exactly 2 years ago. The BT module is internal. I am on Android.

It seems with each software update that it has become harder to program the controller. I barely got it programmed with my new battery voltage a few days ago (took many attempts). Then I saw that there was an update for the BT Module firmware, I assume. So I applied it. It appeared to apply properly, but every time I go into settings, it wants to apply the firmware update again.
Now I can't program or communicate with the controller at all. I see that PowerVelocity-I is there, but it won't program successfully.
My wife's iPhone doesn't see any bluetooth device so no help there.

Looks like I'm having the same problem as TorgueRPM

TorgueRPM said:
I think there might be an issue with my bluetooth module. It won't connect from the app unless I connect through my phone settings first (I only tried that because it wasn't connecting). Half the time the app doesn't even see the module, but when it does and I try to connect, it turns yellow and slides down the screen before reappearing.

I am very much so willing to pay a reduced price (for previous buyers) for one of those new BT 2.0 modules that you mention here:
http://powervelocity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25

Can I please get one of those ASAP? I'm down right now and having to use a car to commute is painful. Thanks!

PS The controller works fine otherwise. I have to reprogram it because I have changed battery voltage and it keeps cutting out at the LVD that I set. I can't reset that because I can't program the controller.

Hey, I found this thread after looking for a 20kW controller to run with the 7-18kW motor from cyclone. By any chance has anyone tried this motor/controller combo? The representative at Cyclone said the motor could handle 250A for a short burst.

As well, the webpage description the controller is listed as 20kW, but the link calls it a 15kW.
So what is the continuous amp rating? 150 with short bursts of 200(battery current)?

http://powervelocity.com/home/58-24f-15kw-sinewavesilent-controller-android-ios-bluetooth-programmable.html

Thanks for any input. I see there has been no activity for several months on this thread.

It's likely that 250A mentioned was actually phase current, not battery. Check on that. If it's Cyclone 3000, then it's rated for 3kw, well maybe double that. 20kw would evaporate the coils in it.

bmurai said:
Hey, I found this thread after looking for a 20kW controller to run with the 7-18kW motor from cyclone. By any chance has anyone tried this motor/controller combo? The representative at Cyclone said the motor could handle 250A for a short burst.

As well, the webpage description the controller is listed as 20kW, but the link calls it a 15kW.
So what is the continuous amp rating? 150 with short bursts of 200(battery current)?

http://powervelocity.com/home/58-24f-15kw-sinewavesilent-controller-android-ios-bluetooth-programmable.html

Thanks for any input. I see there has been no activity for several months on this thread.

Powervelocity.com said:
It's likely that 250A mentioned was actually phase current, not battery. Check on that. If it's Cyclone 3000, then it's rated for 3kw, well maybe double that. 20kw would evaporate the coils in it

It's supposed to be much beefier than the 3kW(which I have for my ebike). According to the seller it is 14kW continuous and 18kW peak. Really hard to find good info online for unbiased tests though.

Perhaps it is the phase current limit? I am unsure how phase current could be much higher than battery current. I will need to read up on this.

For follow up, do you have information for the continuous rating of that controller from your website?

Thanks !

A month ago today you said you had the 15 Kw version in stock and you just had to make a bluetooth controller
I'm still waiting - somewhat impatiently now

Back