Sevcon error

Solexelec

10 W
Hello everybody i am out of concept with my sevcon.

Little summary
I'm running a TP100 (I installed indoor sensors)
With a sevcon gen4 size 4 4835
All installed on a kind of moped (solex).
The motor controller torque worked relatively well
And then after a stop to change the battery when restarting the controller
The mistake:
erreur sevcon1.JPG

No worry of tension or short circuit.

According to my research the transistors have burned after a short circuit on the engine
Ok, it's not cool
But the problem is that the engine is not short circuit, the hall sensors have more.
I measured the phases with an oscilloscope: 3 beautiful waves. And the same resistance

I'm lost
How to check the motor ?
How to check the controller?

Thanks for your help

Sounds like the motor is OK.

Disconnect the battery and measure resistance with a meter between each motor phase wire and battery positive going to the controller. Swap meter probes and measure both directions. Repeat measurements between phase wires and battery negative going to controller.

Each of these measurements should look like a diode if the controller is good. If your meter has a diode check mode, use it.

If you see any measurements that look like near zero (same as touching the probe tips together), it indicates a shorted FET.

0x4DC3 error is " Battery voltage has dropped below critical level". I would investigate that as a priority.

The others are top mosfet short circuit on all three phases, that is motor phase to Bat+. Following Fechter's advice will determine if that is the case. Let us know how you get on.

test transistor sevcon.JPG

OK i test the twice controller and i found this

Good news ?

kiwifiat said:
0x4DC3 error is " Battery voltage has dropped below critical level". I would investigate that as a priority.

The others are top mosfet short circuit on all three phases, that is motor phase to Bat+. Following Fechter's advice will determine if that is the case. Let us know how you get on.

Perhaps It may be when the switch opens and therefore the voltage drops?

Yes, that's very good news. It looks like the FETs are OK at least.

Now look for a bad connection somewhere in the main power wiring. Good chance if there is a bad connection, it will show signs of heat.

Thanks for your help

Can you think the main contactor can make mistake

It's little be old but working.

Solexelec said:
Thanks for your help

Can you think the main contactor can make mistake

It's little be old but working.
If the contacts are burnt, it could become intermittent and give you that error. Some of them come apart for inspection.

Hi,
Yesterday i find time to make inspection and i found this:
DSC_0318-600x1064.JPG
It's not very burnt but a little

In my mind It's to simple

And good news motor and controller working.

Thanks a lot for help

Back