E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Here is the link to the latest EN user manuals.
It gets updated frequently so best is to check this link when you need the latest up to date info.
Also added the link and details on how to access to the android battery app.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18U4ZkDRoZArfH2bg5KgVGA8jvvn0FCpHcYq7UMkfN34/edit?usp=sharing

Merlin said:
Noise reduction at slow speeds passing pedestrians is great.
At what speed do you think noise level is probably same?
Up to 20kph? 30?

Ive only been out once for a test ride as the sprocket was only put on the bike this weekend. Above 20kph things get louder again. But a lot of that is motor noise. Have you tried powering your motor without the chain n sprocket on? Its still very loud lol :lol:

I have some videos posted in our telegram group with and without chain.
Yes with Kelly kbs the motor grunts like a pig even without chain.

But Iam running now sinewave and that's quite less noise without chain.

Below 20kph significantly less noisy sounds like a try for me too.
But then I have to buy the 100T sprocket also because I want to have bad ass Acceleration from zero :D
Oh... And for that try I need also a new (longer) chain :roll:

Quite pricey 14/100 sprocket +chain for a try :oops:

Are the o-ring delivered something I could buy aftermarket?
When this works only for some hundred km yet I need a bunch of it.

Merlin said:
I have some videos posted in our telegram group with and without chain.
Yes with Kelly kbs the motor grunts like a pig even without chain.

But Iam running now sinewave and that's quite less noise without chain.

Below 20kph significantly less noisy sounds like a try for me too.
But then I have to buy the 100T sprocket also because I want to have bad ass Acceleration from zero :D
Oh... And for that try I need also a new (longer) chain :roll:

Quite pricey 14/100 sprocket +chain for a try :oops:

Are the o-ring delivered something I could buy aftermarket?
When this works only for some hundred km yet I need a bunch of it.
Yes the o-ring is just a rubber ring. Should be easy to source.

Sorry for the spam guy's...I'm off work today so have some time to kill...

Looking into the battery options for my LMX 64 now and I'm getting confused about what might work. The manual says this:
"Designed for reention DP-6 cases (70cells) as "jumbo" packs sold by EM3EV
Fits hailong (14s4p 56 cells) and big hailong (14s5p 70cells) battery but the side access ports for charge and key may not line up as well.
"

EM3EV do not sell bare cases, so looking elsewhere I cannot find any reention DP-6 cases or matching mounting brackets available anywhere.
This thread leads me to believe the Tigershark case might match though: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89860
So this case might work:
https://bmsbattery.com/home/995-181...0-cells.html#/137-color-black/498-voltage-48v
But it does not come with a mounting bracket and I have no idea what is compatible with both the bike mounting holes and the battery.

The alternative option is the Big Hailong case, but as mentioned in the manual things might not line up as well. I found one reasonably priced case with mount:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976959578.html?

Anyone else in a similar situation or have any thoughts on what case to get?

I intend to use this case to do some modelling off and down the track design and 3D print a bigger case to maximise available cell capacity. For now though I just want to get it rolling with a standard case.

Cheers

Actually looking at this some more, the mounting bracket on LMX website for their battery doesn't match any of the options I posted above.
https://lmxbikes.com/en/drivetrain/189-batterie-52v-pour-lmx64.html
batterie-52v-pour-lmx64.jpg

Looking around a bit more for a match I came across the super shark case + mount:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037979381.html?
HTB1_wW0X.LrK1Rjy0Fjq6zYXFXac.jpg

This looks like what we need. Not the cheapest option, but at least it should fit well.

Adam can you help us out with some advise here on what will/won't fit?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Sorry for the spam guy's...I'm off work today so have some time to kill...

Looking into the battery options for my LMX 64 now and I'm getting confused about what might work. The manual says this:
"Designed for reention DP-6 cases (70cells) as "jumbo" packs sold by EM3EV
Fits hailong (14s4p 56 cells) and big hailong (14s5p 70cells) battery but the side access ports for charge and key may not line up as well.
"

EM3EV do not sell bare cases, so looking elsewhere I cannot find any reention DP-6 cases or matching mounting brackets available anywhere.
This thread leads me to believe the Tigershark case might match though: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89860
So this case might work:
https://bmsbattery.com/home/995-181...0-cells.html#/137-color-black/498-voltage-48v
But it does not come with a mounting bracket and I have no idea what is compatible with both the bike mounting holes and the battery.

The alternative option is the Big Hailong case, but as mentioned in the manual things might not line up as well. I found one reasonably priced case with mount:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976959578.html?

Anyone else in a similar situation or have any thoughts on what case to get?

I intend to use this case to do some modelling off and down the track design and 3D print a bigger case to maximise available cell capacity. For now though I just want to get it rolling with a standard case.

Cheers

I got a Jumbo-Pack from Em3ev and it doesn't fit well, but it fits. I shorted the wire and put the xt90 connector under the motor, (where the controller is). But i still need 1 more centimeter to use lock it with the key. I will make some photos later to make it understandable. Ps: sorry for my bad english :mrgreen:

Dirty-Kurty said:
I got a Jumbo-Pack from Em3ev and it doesn't fit well, but it fits. I shorted the wire and put the xt90 connector under the motor, (where the controller is). But i still need 1 more centimeter to use lock it with the key. I will make some photos later to make it understandable. Ps: sorry for my bad english :mrgreen:
Thanks! Good to know will look forward to those photo's.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Dirty-Kurty said:

Cheers

Sorry had a Lot of Stuff to do. If you have questions pls ask

Dirty-Kurty said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Dirty-Kurty said:

Cheers

Sorry had a Lot of Stuff to do. If you have questions pls ask

On the first picture you might see a 1cm Space between the slider and the cablehole. I want to drill some holes in the slider to fit it close to tge cablehole without squizing the cable.

Attachments

• 353fbc902e2e7d2219b7a58f52daf7f4.0.jpg
    353fbc902e2e7d2219b7a58f52daf7f4.0.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,946
  • 631a76b8a2026ab55958b8b24acd8220.0.jpg
    631a76b8a2026ab55958b8b24acd8220.0.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,946
  • d24d21dcc537f92a9aba4b5458628ed6.0.jpg
    d24d21dcc537f92a9aba4b5458628ed6.0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,946
  • ccf9c7a12d1d46eb28b74ae8b54a9d2d.0.jpg
    ccf9c7a12d1d46eb28b74ae8b54a9d2d.0.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,946
Thanks Dirty-Kurty! Much appreciated.

I feel like it's virtually impossible to know for sure if it will fit, so I just went ahead and ordered this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037979381.html?
HTB1QhMUb75E3KVjSZFCq6zuzXXac.jpg

Hopefully it fits well enough...it looks pretty much the same as yours which is good enough for me.

Cheers

Dirty-Kurty said:
On the first picture you might see a 1cm Space between the slider and the cablehole. I want to drill some holes in the slider to fit it close to tge cablehole without squizing the cable.

Hello, you should be able to bring the plastic guard lower to line the holes.
Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
Dirty-Kurty said:

Hello, you should be able to bring the plastic guard lower to line the holes.
Adam

Yeeess Thanks adam ! Didn't thought about it.

Attachments

• 9dcb1755904a4bea85320a750db58d67.0.jpg
    9dcb1755904a4bea85320a750db58d67.0.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,914
Cowardlyduck said:
Still got more parts coming, but this is my little collection so far:
DSC_5482 (Large).JPG

Cheers

Com'on dude,, put the frame on a bike stand n get building :)

Cowardlyduck said:
Still got more parts coming, but this is my little collection so far:
DSC_5482 (Large).JPG

Cheers

what kind of derailleur and cassette did you end up getting with? does it matter to have bigger gears like 46/5x , 12 or 10 speed on this kind of bike ?

brumbrum said:
Com'on dude,, put the frame on a bike stand n get building :)
Yeah, I really want to get stuck into it, but holding back till I have more parts and time...right now I definitely don't have the time and I hate leaving projects in limbo for extended periods. I'll get stuck into it in a month or two probably.

BCTECH said:
what kind of derailleur and cassette did you end up getting with? does it matter to have bigger gears like 46/5x , 12 or 10 speed on this kind of bike ?
I went with a Shimano XT M8000 Shadow+ 11 speed derailleur, Sunrace MS8 Wide-Ratio Cassette and SNAIL 48T chainring which arrived today.
I test fit the chainring and it looks like it should work, but may need a small chainring spacer. I'll know for sure when I set it all up.
I also have a chainring guard coming to help keep the chain clean and on track and although I may not need it I prefer the operation anyway.
Not sure what cassette's might work apart from 11 speed, but why does it matter...the standard now is 11 speed and has the most options anyway.

The other thing that may have gone unnoticed is the SRAM 11 speed twist shifter. I did a bunch of research to figure out if it will work with the shimano derailleur and be compatible and apparently it's not perfect but works well enough for most people so I'm giving it a try. I just didn't want to put a fireshift next to the throttle and I usually prefer thumb throttle anyway which definitely wouldn't work with a standard shifter on the right hand side. The twist shifter mounted upside down on the left has served me well on a number of bikes now and this one will be no different.

Cheers

Adam, any news on the new case for the display unit? My backside cracked as I emailed about.

Also, how the heck do I remove the battery? It won't budge no matter key position..

Regards hkj

Vlog in French
[youtube]p7neq_HYKYU[/youtube]
For the battery you can un lock it and use your Hands to pull to the top of the bike on the bottom side of the battery in line with the down tube. With dirt/sand between the battery and the frame sometimes it gets quite hard to do.

Nice scenery! Wish I could ride there with you!

Also nice to see another Blue LMX 64. Looks great!

You can really hear the sound in some of those ride bys. It's not loud, but it is noticeable.
I know you've already done some work to make it more quiet, but are you continuing to do any other investigations into reducing the noise?
I'm hopeful that the dynamat + 3D printed cover idea might help, but I wonder if there is further refinement around the sprocket that could be done?

Cheers

12tooth with O ring noise reduction kit.
Just fitted and tested. An incredible difference.
I measured a 4 dB a difference on the test stand. While riding it is even more noticeable, that it is quieter. Top speed dropped from 57 to 47kmh, but the battery was only 1/3 loaded. Will test again with a full battery. That was expected.
Can’t load iPhone videos!? Anyone know how to do that?
The distance was only 60cm.
One with 14tooth with o ring 90db a
This red o-ring and 14tooth cog is not as quiet as the 12tooth cog with black viton o ring. I am going to try a viton o ring, next week.
Two with no chain 73db a
Three with 12tooth cog and o-ring 86db a
Doesn’t sound like a lot, but wow, what a difference.
I’m sure the guys at LMX will be making it even better. What a bike. Love it.

Back