Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

freeflow said:
Missing part

I'm missing the nut that holds the front wheel, do you think that this is something that I can get from my local bike shop or is it Sur Ron original that is required? Tried to upload picture but I'm lacking the skill.

Which model of forks do you have? RST FaceAce, etc... If you are looking for the RST locking cap I've not seen just that part for sale. Luna does have the whole RST axle for sale which includes the locking cap.

kitaoka said:
freeflow said:
Missing part

I'm missing the nut that holds the front wheel, do you think that this is something that I can get from my local bike shop or is it Sur Ron original that is required? Tried to upload picture but I'm lacking the skill.

Which model of forks do you have? RST FaceAce, etc... If you are looking for the RST locking cap I've not seen just that part for sale. Luna does have the whole RST axle for sale which includes the locking cap.

I have the Dnm

freeflow said:
kitaoka said:
freeflow said:
Missing part

I have the Dnm

Sorry but I don't know where you would find one for that fork. Perhaps others who have a DNM fork can steer you in the right direction.

fechter said:
AlexisSurRon said:
I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.
The issue seems to be cosmetic if anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc

im riding pretty rocky steep single track on my surron and get flats all the time, even with 203s and kenda tough tubes.

busy installing mousse tires now with no air, anyone else tried this / get flats all the time?

Jasonjm said:
im riding pretty rocky steep single track on my surron and get flats all the time, even with 203s and kenda tough tubes.

busy installing mousse tires now with no air, anyone else tried this / get flats all the time?

I did until I changed over to the M403s and ran 4 ounces of green slime in each tube with PSI set at 25. Never had a problem after that.

Joachim said:
fechter said:
AlexisSurRon said:
I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.

I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc

Hi Joachim,
How is your battery drain, does everything seem fine there?
What do you mean with putting the battery on the charger 2x?

Is there a similar Sur-Ron replacement 70/100 - 19" tire that you can buy in the USA. The tire would need to be 2 ply and not 4 ply.

Thanks

AlexisSurRon said:
Joachim said:
fechter said:
AlexisSurRon said:
I only have one issue:

Hi Joachim,
Battery seems to be fine...range and power are okey. i have to power up the charger twice and after this the % shows me the real numbers and not 0%

Joachim said:
AlexisSurRon said:
Joachim said:
fechter said:

Hi Joachim,
Battery seems to be fine...range and power are okey. i have to power up the charger twice and after this the % shows me the real numbers and not 0%

So your battery is showing you the wrong % on its built in display?

AlexisSurRon said:
Aebrennan said:
Allex said:
Please try to not misinform ppl here if you are not sure about the facts.
The motor(P/N 11100-YQ2A-0200 u can find this label when lifting up the skid plate) has a KTY84 temp sensor installed so the protection is present.

There is so much fake news regarding these bikes i actually stop following it.

Here is the X motor part number
Here is 2 X controllers V2.11 is 8 months old and V2.15 is 5 months old.
FYI The lateset software is V2.19
Pictures do more justice than words.

Hello,

Glad to see so many people interested in the Sur Ron :)
It’s an amazing little bike.

Regarding the X Controller:

I ordered a Sur-Ron sine wave X controller from Luna (PN: 21100-YQ2A-0301 (another version??), no SW version is shown/scribbled down) and installed it on a german street legal Sur-Ron (the call it the Firefly here) which normally comes with the “stock” controller (PN on that was 21100-YQ2B-0000, SW V1.3.13_2018.11.30).
My motor has PN: 11100-YQ2A-0200.
The positive change in performance is immediately noticeable.

I only have one issue:

What does that error code mean (couldn’t find any definition to it, also not in the service manual online listing the failure codes)?

On another note, I thought this might be of interest:
On German models removing the slow mode or “unlocking” the bike is done by cutting the green wire.
I still have mine intact, but having installed that X controller, i can now reach 80km/h in sport mode (insane), and on economy it tops out at 50km/h.

Also, I have a connector on the main bike harness for the triangular one coming out of the X controller. I connected them (the Luna Cycle installation video bike does not have this connector), but I have no clue what it’s for. Does anyone know what it is?

Appreciate any help and advice,
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Seem to habe solved the problem. Disconnected the triangular connector and everything seems to be going normal, no more lights or nothing.

Just have to mount a new set of tires due to a flat and I‘ll give it a couple test rides.

I’ll check if there‘s a difference in the performance too.

KR,
Alexis

New rear suspension rocker

Attachments

• 微信图片_20190704152850.jpg
    微信图片_20190704152850.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 2,755
  • 微信图片_20190704153000.jpg
    微信图片_20190704153000.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2,755
Is the bearing a standard aftermarket bearing and if so would you mind identifying who carries it? Also does this eliminate the need for the two nylon bushings? It appears that there would not be room for them. Or is it a completely newly manufactured part?

Thanks.DSCF3339-1024x683.jpg

My custom battery finally ready.
16S-19P Panasonic PF cells/55Ah-3000Wh .

The stock pack drops maximum 5Volts.
The new pack voltagedrop is 2,7Volts.

Today i test the new battery in EP mode al the way full throttle .

took some time to get the battery empty.
ride til 52,7V(2,29V per cell) .
Total range in EP 145km :mrgreen:
65/75km in sport mode wil be possible :bolt:
14sjq8g.jpg

Joachim said:

14sjq8g.jpg

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Will you be selling them?

As a matter of fact anybody selling 72V batteries in germany?

AlexisSurRon said:
Joachim said:

14sjq8g.jpg

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Will you be selling them?

As a matter of fact anybody selling 72V batteries in germany?
No not selling these bigger batteries....i test the pack first and maby wil make a compleet plug&play 3,7Kwh battery for the sur-ron in the same aluminium case.

3DTOPO said:
Lelandjt said:
What pressures are you guys running in the stock tires for trail riding? My trails are a bit rocky and high speed so I'm around 23 rear, 21 front to avoid pinch flats and squirming. I want to try lower but worried about impacts.

I run around 12psi. With the FOC X Controller, it was tearing the valve stem so I switched to tubeless and haven't looked back.

I wouldn't go below 15psi without switching to tubeless.

Hi,

Is this a common experience? I’m going through tubes and I can’t figure out why... is the acceleration that awesome? :lol:
I ride mainly city and love ripping it, what tire pressure do you suggest?
I have new tubes on the way right now... :roll:

Thanks and BR,
Alexis

Another factor is (at least on mine), the rim was lubricated with some really slippery stuff presumably to make mounting the tire easier. If you deflate the tire and clean the inside of the rim and mating tire surface with alcohol, it will be much more sticky and reduce the chances of spinning the tire out.

I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.

Finer said:
I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.
have you tried using rim lock?

BCTECH said:
Finer said:
have you tried using rim lock?

most rim locks are for 1.6 and wider rims, stock surron rims are 1.4 .. so would require modification to the rim lock or wheel rebuild with a wider rim..

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpgTesting a new controller/ rapid charger that also does V2G.

30 min charge time (from 10% to 80%)
200 km range (extra cells added to up the ah. regen is 80% efficient and uses capacitor)
100 kph
Also has ABS, launch control and traction control. With a small front hub motor you can have 2 wheel drive and ABS regen on front as well.

https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrake-cnc-variable-regen-ebike-brake-lever-caliper-disk-one-off-betas?variant=37997382536

Testing a new integrated controller/ charger that uses adaptive intelligence via something like an oscilloscope with pulsing power supply. This means you have an on board charger. More efficient due to its ability to adapt to the ever changing state of the batteries and motor in milliseconds via direct feedback. Real time Adaptive intelligent bi-directional power management.

This is a similar technology but our solution is already in production. We have had meetings with evchip founder and see it as complimentary www.evchip.com/our-technology

companies like www.gogoro.com are the customer but a version is being made to upgrade sur ron so you dont have to buy a second battery and lug it around and one third the cost.

The inventor of this controller is a Physicist and has designed and patented inverters that are widely used in the market today.

will post video of charging Sur Ron battery in 30 min vrs 3 hours

111 patents. 300 units have been made CSA approved. Units demoed at www.magna.com and https://www.tesla.com/solarpanels?energy_redirect=true

Thrive2 has filmed a segment on this device that will be in there next movie release. www.thrivemovement.com

ISO 9001 certified. has been tested for two years at The National Institute of Science & Technology and at The Pecan Street Project, an advanced smart grid research project in Austin, Texas.

Evaluation has been done of Autonomous Distributed Technology to Mitigate Adverse Impacts of Intermittent Resources and Transient Events.

EPRI is the main research arm for the grid companies in North America. They have done exhaustive tests verifying the functions.

"It is a Universal Power Interface by using intense amounts of logic, can bi-directionally transfer power between any combinations of its four connections. Each power module has two DC connections and two AC connections. Each DC terminal can connect to batteries of any chemistry, solar panels, fuel cells, DC wind generators, alternators, etc. The AC connections are for AC loads, the Grid and generators. It requires the HTREM to be operated." No other product has a definition that broad. It also means that all of these features were tested and verified at full operating levels for sustained times at temperatures at the minimum and maximum of our specifications as well as at nominal. It includes sustained operation with multiple simulated lightning surges, direct short circuits and most things that are possible. It is verified that it can shut down safely and not ever present a risk of electrical shock or a fire hazard. This is key for insurance companies, mortgages, building codes and permits and any solar incentive programs. The CSA listing is the equivalent of the UL listing, but for Canada.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/electric-vehicle-power-storage/

Why bikes instead of cars?

33 million e-bikes were sold in 2017 vs 2.3 million e-cars.
Bicycles and motorcycles combined outsell cars 3 to 1.

$3 trillion delivery market https://seekingalpha.com/article/4250497-food-service-3-trillion-meal-delivery-market?

Grocery delivery driver making $100k a year https://youtu.be/nA88yPH8akI

Sur-ron with a sidecar is 7 cents vrs a car at 70 cents. Unlicensed, registration or insurance. This solves the problem of half the income a delivery person makes goes to the vehicle costs.

Africa is the ultimate market...to boldly go where no other infrastructure has gone before...

Africa is home to the 10 fastest growing cities in the world https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2018/10/05/figure-of-the-week-africa-is-home-to-fastest-growing-cities-in-the-world/

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/africa-free-trade-poorer-countries-struggle-us-china-trade-war-2019-7-1028350408

Also in talks with people at https://www.sidewalklabs.com/

in talks with Sur Ron integrator to have this installed and shipped from China as well as an aftermarket backward compatible upgrade.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,333
Back