Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

wpenner said:
marcoq said:
Translated by Google Translator:

Hi guys.
With this publication I officially released version 3.6 of the Java configurator and version M0.19.A for the controller board firmware.
What has been done:
- In the last release released, the eMTB mode started from TOUR assistance (up to TURBO), now with the configurator it is possible to define the starting assistance level "eMTB Start Assist Level", for example you can set it to 10, 20, 50, etc ... but must not exceed the level of SPORT assistance.
- I introduced the parameter eMTB Motor Pull Factor, which can be set from 0.0 to 1.0, this determines "the pull of the motor", or if I put a low value I get that the motor reaches the highest assistance values ​​with "less effort", if I put a low value, I'll have to "commit" a little more with the pedals.
- In the project folder there is an eMTB.xls spreadsheet that can be used to do some "paper" tests.
- I deleted the check to enable the "Last Beta Code" ... now the firmware has been aligned with the stable 19.0 version released by Casainho, of course all the customizations and implementations entered by the undersigned remain.
- I entered the VLCD5 Battery SOC 4 Bars checkbox which allows VLCD5 owners to implement the 4-bar battery status display as on the VLCD6. I did this because it would be a problem to manage the VLCD5 with the accuracy as in VLCD6 but with 6 notches ... I should add some fields in the Java interface .. but now it's full ... and it would be too expensive in time to move all. This solution should solve the problem of "misaligned" display with battery status.
- I have solved some small bugs ... and optimized the startup of the CPU.

On Endless they are discussing the "human power" factor, the calibration of the torsion sensor, and how to obtain a more accurate reading ... furthermore the developers want to release a firmware version that also includes the eMTB mode.
The big advantage of the Java configurator is that you can "experiment" with various settings without having to go through the code ... so do your tests !!!
Good rides to everyone !!!

Awesome. My friends bike came with a different wiring harness and a 850c display, i guess it uses the stock firmware? Do you think your firmware might be compatible with the display if i select LCD5?

I think it is the same as this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdp9PnKqkI

Hi.
Sorry... but my firmware don't work with display 850c. :(

Hi Marcoq, why should it not work? I believe that the SW of the TSDZ2 is the same I think they have only adapted the connections ... of course the keys to configure the options may not match,
Wpenner since you have the opportunity to test why you do not install it and so we check how it was done for the XT18 ... bad that goes you keep the Bakup and put back the original SW.

marcoq said:

Hi guys.
With this publication I officially released version 3.6 of the Java configurator and version M0.19.A for the controller board firmware.
What has been done:
- In the last release released, the eMTB mode started from TOUR assistance (up to TURBO), now with the configurator it is possible to define the starting assistance level "eMTB Start Assist Level", for example you can set it to 10, 20, 50, etc ... but must not exceed the level of SPORT assistance.
- I introduced the parameter eMTB Motor Pull Factor, which can be set from 0.0 to 1.0, this determines "the pull of the motor", or if I put a low value I get that the motor reaches the highest assistance values ​​with "less effort", if I put a low value, I'll have to "commit" a little more with the pedals.
- In the project folder there is an eMTB.xls spreadsheet that can be used to do some "paper" tests.
- I deleted the check to enable the "Last Beta Code" ... now the firmware has been aligned with the stable 19.0 version released by Casainho, of course all the customizations and implementations entered by the undersigned remain.
- I entered the VLCD5 Battery SOC 4 Bars checkbox which allows VLCD5 owners to implement the 4-bar battery status display as on the VLCD6. I did this because it would be a problem to manage the VLCD5 with the accuracy as in VLCD6 but with 6 notches ... I should add some fields in the Java interface .. but now it's full ... and it would be too expensive in time to move all. This solution should solve the problem of "misaligned" display with battery status.

On Endless they are discussing the "human power" factor, the calibration of the torsion sensor, and how to obtain a more accurate reading ... furthermore the developers want to release a firmware version that also includes the eMTB mode.
The big advantage of the Java configurator is that you can "experiment" with various settings without having to go through the code ... so do your tests !!!
Hi guys, hi marcoq!

Marcoq, thx for your Work!

I´m a newbie in flashing the TSDZ2 Controller with open source Firmware. I have all prerequesites installed on my Laptop and the Tool is running as well.

So the diffrent in my setting is, i have the 350W Motor and an 10s4p Akku.
What Settings do i have to change in the Tool for my Motor/Akku setting?

Regards
Rene

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question...

Just received tsdz2 with vlcd5 ( 6pin ) from pswpower. Do i need to upload any new firmware to the VLCD ( as for KT-LCD3 )? Or it should be stock and my work is just to upload Marcoq's firmware to the motor?

I also noticed that there are 3 strange inputs on the back, does anyone know what their purpose is? ( img attached )

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-12_13-36-41.jpg
    photo_2019-07-12_13-36-41.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,139
brobro said:
I also noticed that there are 3 strange inputs on the back, does anyone know what their purpose is?

If I recall correctly the ones to the side are brake-inputs, and work on all versions of TSDZ2, the middle one is throttle and only works if you have the 8pin-version of the motor.

brobro said:
Hi guys, sorry for the noob question...

Just received tsdz2 with vlcd5 ( 6pin ) from pswpower. Do i need to upload any new firmware to the VLCD ( as for KT-LCD3 )? Or it should be stock and my work is just to upload Marcoq's firmware to the motor?

I also noticed that there are 3 strange inputs on the back, does anyone know what their purpose is? ( img attached )

No, you do not need to modify the LCD software.

You only need 3 wires from the USB programmer. Just pull the metal connectors out of the plastic housing on the programmer and put some shrink tube around them. Then you will be able to fit the three wires into the correct pins on the speed sensor connector. If you use 4 wires as some diagrams show it is hard to fit them all in the connector.

zeroBIKE said:
marcoq said:

Hi guys.
What has been done:

Hi guys, hi marcoq!

Marcoq, thx for your Work!

I´m a newbie in flashing the TSDZ2 Controller with open source Firmware. I have all prerequesites installed on my Laptop and the Tool is running as well.

So the diffrent in my setting is, i have the 350W Motor and an 10s4p Akku.
What Settings do i have to change in the Tool for my Motor/Akku setting?

Regards
Rene

Select your LCD Model (most kits come with LCD5). Enter 10 cells in the battery info. Change low voltage to 29v. Set battery max limit to 18amps if you want. Change max wheel speed to 50km/h if you want. Change motor watts to 500w if you want. If it has an error when you click compile, you are missing a software package. If you don't set the cell count correctly you will see an Error E08 on the LCD.

zappan said:
Hi Marcoq, why should it not work? I believe that the SW of the TSDZ2 is the same I think they have only adapted the connections ... of course the keys to configure the options may not match,
Wpenner since you have the opportunity to test why you do not install it and so we check how it was done for the XT18 ... bad that goes you keep the Bakup and put back the original SW.

Marcoq would know best. I don't think much is documented about the the version of TSDZ2 i have with 850c screen. Maybe stock firmware is different on it. I can tell you that the assist levels do not work correctly from 850c LCD to begin with. I'll give it a go if i can make sure i know how to do a full backup correctly. There are 3 tabs in st link, data memory, program memory etc, do i have to click on each tab and save. Or if i click save does it save all three in a file.

I'd gladly try to take a backup and upload the file here if someone wants to help me see if firmware is same as original motor.

I have just upgraded my bike from stock software to the latest Marco. And OMG.... Its like having a new bike. Twice the power and more manageable.

Things I learned. This is what worked for me.

• When making the programming lead, make ST-USB-dongle to motor leads very short

• If programming does not work try a different USB port on the computer. As Only 1 out of 3 USB ports worked on my laptop. All work normally but the programming configuration seems very sensitive.

• Buy more than one st-usb adapter, as they are "China" quality and only 1 out of 2 worked

• After installing ST software, copy it to its own folder on root c drive, or it will fail to find files.

• Turn battery off when programing. Let USB lead 5v power motor controller.

• Disconnect USB reset pin

Just my learning's, but its worth the effort.

Took a few attempts to get to the above, but once it worked the bike is a "rocket".

Hi everyone,

Did any of you install the software on the coaster brake version?
I installed it a couple of months back to see and the motor was still on half a second after I stopped to pedal. It was quite annoying so I put the original software back...
Also I found the motor to be less powerful, it required more efforts to move forward.

Is there any option on the configurator to make it work better and get 0 cut off delay when I stop pedaling ?

Many thanks

wpenner said:
You only need 3 wires from the USB programmer. Just pull the metal connectors out of the plastic housing on the programmer and put some shrink tube around them. Then you will be able to fit the three wires into the correct pins on the speed sensor connector. If you use 4 wires as some diagrams show it is hard to fit them all in the connector.

Did you manage to program with 3 wires only? Which wires did you use?
When I tried with 3 wires the procedure LOOKED ok, but it resulted in a corrupted firmware loaded and consequent strange behaviour of the bike.
Please let us know if you read the firmware after programming and save it as hex file.. it is exactly the same as the hex file you uploaded.
Thanks

thineight said:
wpenner said:

Did you manage to program with 3 wires only? Which wires did you use?
When I tried with 3 wires the procedure LOOKED ok, but it resulted in a corrupted firmware loaded and consequent strange behaviour of the bike.
Please let us know if you read the firmware after programming and save it as hex file.. it is exactly the same as the hex file you uploaded.
Thanks

I did not bother using what i think is called the "reset" wire, the one that goes to the middle.I read elsewhere it was not required. Also the 4 female connectors with shrink tube on them do not fit in the connector well. With 3 it fits no problems. I've updated my firmware a few times on my motor with different settings. I should clarify, I've only done this on my VLCD5 setup. I have not tried on my friends 850c display motor yet.

Attachments

• tsd.JPG
    tsd.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,058
wpenner said:
zappan said:

Marcoq would know best. I don't think much is documented about the the version of TSDZ2 i have with 850c screen. Maybe stock firmware is different on it. I can tell you that the assist levels do not work correctly from 850c LCD to begin with. I'll give it a go if i can make sure i know how to do a full backup correctly. There are 3 tabs in st link, data memory, program memory etc, do i have to click on each tab and save. Or if i click save does it save all three in a file.

I'd gladly try to take a backup and upload the file here if someone wants to help me see if firmware is same as original motor.

Attached is the Files from (48v 15amp 4000rpm it states on the sticker) 850c version. Rename to .s19. Can someone let me know if they are the same as original VLCD5 version? Based on what I've found on the web it looks like it might not match.

View attachment program.txt
View attachment data.txt
View attachment option.txt
850c.PNG

Sorry for another newbie question guys, but in the section Battery is the value 625, are those the WH of my battery?

batterie.PNG

and where i have to place the engine power for my 350W motor? The only section where the motor power is named is the Street Mode

street_mode.PNG

wpenner said:
wpenner said:
zappan said:

Attached is the Files from (48v 15amp 4000rpm it states on the sticker) 850c version. Rename to .s19. Can someone let me know if they are the same as original VLCD5 version? Based on what I've found on the web it looks like it might not match.
program.txt
data.txt
option.txt
850c.PNG

Hello, the test you can do is to compare the hex file you are uploading (downloaded from casainho or generated by marcoq interface) with the one you obtain by reading with STVP right after the programming.
You should see at that point if what you uploaded is effectively equal to what you intended to upload.

Cheers!

zeroBIKE said:
Sorry for another newbie question guys, but in the section Battery is the value 625, are those the WH of my battery?

batterie.PNG

and where i have to place the engine power for my 350W motor? The only section where the motor power is named is the Street Mode

street_mode.PNG

625watts is how much power your motor will use when not in street mode. There are two different modes you can toggle between by using the lcd. When on power assist level 1 double click the light button on lcd to toggle modes. Street mode is designed to be street legal. In my case I did not care so I just set street mode to same watts also. I use 750watts on my motor. Carful to not overheat your motor if you have not installed a temperature sensor.

wpenner said:
625watts is how much power your motor will use when not in street mode. There are two different modes you can toggle between by using the lcd. When on power assist level 1 double click the light button on lcd to toggle modes. Street mode is designed to be street legal. In my case I did not care so I just set street mode to same watts also. I use 750watts on my motor. Carful to not overheat your motor if you have not installed a temperature sensor.
all right, thanks!

Strange fault fixed - posted here for info.

Symptom : Turn on controller, only one battery bar shows even with full battery, LCD functions ok but motor does not work.

Reason : One of the ebrakes are stuck on when powering up.

Took me hours of re-programming and testing and investigating because I thought the software was corrupted. Only to find that one of the ebrake switches was on as the magnet had moved.

cliftonarms said:
Strange fault fixed - posted here for info.

Symptom : Turn on controller, only one battery bar shows even with full battery, LCD functions ok but motor does not work.

Reason : One of the ebrakes are stuck on when powering up.

Took me hours of re-programming and testing and investigating because I thought the software was corrupted. Only to find that one of the ebrake switches was on as the magnet had moved.

Yes, it is a very well known issue at startup. It has been discussed in the forum and recently documented in the wiki about ebrakes.
It gave me headache as well in the past :wink:

Minatauro said:
I flashed my motor with the latest v3.4 this morning and cycled 15km. This was the only version I had issues with. I was randomly getting E07 error and the motor lost power on each occasion for about 30 seconds each time then returned to normal. This happened when using both Eco and Tour settings (70 and 160 assistance settings)
I have a 48v motor and using the VLCD5. I enabled the latest beta release and the backwards resistance off and set the master assistance to 1.3. The only other values changed was for my battery.
I always switch the boost on as well as the off road for the fastest possible commute.
Having tried all the versions I too believe that the best for continuous power is the version 2.0 configurator with v16D.

Did you ever find the cause of your EBIKE_WHEEL_BLOCKED E07 error, as I am getting the same issue on the latest marco firmware ( Controller M0.16.D, Java Configurator Beta 0.2.0 )

cliftonarms said:
Minatauro said:
I flashed my motor with the latest v3.4 this morning and cycled 15km. This was the only version I had issues with. I was randomly getting E07 error and the motor lost power on each occasion for about 30 seconds each time then returned to normal. This happened when using both Eco and Tour settings (70 and 160 assistance settings)
I have a 48v motor and using the VLCD5. I enabled the latest beta release and the backwards resistance off and set the master assistance to 1.3. The only other values changed was for my battery.
I always switch the boost on as well as the off road for the fastest possible commute.
Having tried all the versions I too believe that the best for continuous power is the version 2.0 configurator with v16D.

Did you ever find the cause of your EBIKE_WHEEL_BLOCKED E07 error, as I am getting the same issue on the latest marco firmware ( Controller M0.16.D, Java Configurator Beta 0.2.0 )

No, I never figured out why it happened. I switched back to 3.3 and it was fine.

I then had my crankshaft snap so was unable to use it for a while. I got a replacement torque sensor and installed it and I flashed the latest 3.6 over the weekend and it works great. I wonder if my crankshaft snapped due to having the one bearing as was mentioned, which seemed to allow a bit of play and caused squeaking when pedaling?

feedback on 3.6:
The only 2 things I noticed so far in 3.6 is the backwards resistance is there even when the box is checked.
I have the eMTB checked as default but when I wanted to turn eMTB off by pressing the lights button I was not getting the E01 confirmation, when I pressed the light button again it showed the E02. So it did not look like I had the option to change setting 3 to normal setting. It only ever showed E02 or nothing.

From having to pedal my bike without the motor after it snapped to being back on the road with Marcoq's brilliant version 3.6, You cant imagine how much of a smile it brought to my face. Thanks again to Marcoq and all of you who have contributed so far, it is sensational. :D

Where are you getting the older code versions from Minatauro ?

I cant see them in Marcos's github https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

cliftonarms said:
Where are you getting the older code versions from Minatauro ?

I cant see them in Marcos's github https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

This is where Marcoq usually posts his latest versions:

http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=38

His post with the zip file for 3.6 is about a quarter way down the page. I cant remember which page the earlier versions are on but they are there in that forum.

Back