Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
kitaoka   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 07 2018 1:36pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by kitaoka » Jul 07 2019 3:48pm

freeflow wrote:
Jul 07 2019 3:44am
Missing part

I'm missing the nut that holds the front wheel, do you think that this is something that I can get from my local bike shop or is it Sur Ron original that is required? Tried to upload picture but I'm lacking the skill.
Which model of forks do you have? RST FaceAce, etc... If you are looking for the RST locking cap I've not seen just that part for sale. Luna does have the whole RST axle for sale which includes the locking cap.

freeflow   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 24 2018 5:40pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by freeflow » Jul 07 2019 6:55pm

kitaoka wrote:
Jul 07 2019 3:48pm
freeflow wrote:
Jul 07 2019 3:44am
Missing part

I'm missing the nut that holds the front wheel, do you think that this is something that I can get from my local bike shop or is it Sur Ron original that is required? Tried to upload picture but I'm lacking the skill.
Which model of forks do you have? RST FaceAce, etc... If you are looking for the RST locking cap I've not seen just that part for sale. Luna does have the whole RST axle for sale which includes the locking cap.
I have the Dnm

kitaoka   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 07 2018 1:36pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by kitaoka » Jul 07 2019 9:34pm

freeflow wrote:
Jul 07 2019 6:55pm
kitaoka wrote:
Jul 07 2019 3:48pm
freeflow wrote:
Jul 07 2019 3:44am
Missing part

I'm missing the nut that holds the front wheel, do you think that this is something that I can get from my local bike shop or is it Sur Ron original that is required? Tried to upload picture but I'm lacking the skill.
Which model of forks do you have? RST FaceAce, etc... If you are looking for the RST locking cap I've not seen just that part for sale. Luna does have the whole RST axle for sale which includes the locking cap.
I have the Dnm
Sorry but I don't know where you would find one for that fork. Perhaps others who have a DNM fork can steer you in the right direction.

Joachim   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 432
Joined: Jul 30 2015 1:02pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Joachim » Jul 08 2019 1:09am

fechter wrote:
Jul 07 2019 1:47pm
AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 07 2019 9:44am


I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.
The issue seems to be cosmetic if anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc

Jasonjm   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 15
Joined: Mar 25 2019 4:17pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Jasonjm » Jul 09 2019 11:53am

im riding pretty rocky steep single track on my surron and get flats all the time, even with 203s and kenda tough tubes.

busy installing mousse tires now with no air, anyone else tried this / get flats all the time?

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6652
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Rix » Jul 09 2019 12:43pm

Jasonjm wrote:
Jul 09 2019 11:53am
im riding pretty rocky steep single track on my surron and get flats all the time, even with 203s and kenda tough tubes.

busy installing mousse tires now with no air, anyone else tried this / get flats all the time?
I did until I changed over to the M403s and ran 4 ounces of green slime in each tube with PSI set at 25. Never had a problem after that.

AlexisSurRon   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 07 2019 9:10am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by AlexisSurRon » Jul 09 2019 3:27pm

Joachim wrote:
Jul 08 2019 1:09am
fechter wrote:
Jul 07 2019 1:47pm
AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 07 2019 9:44am


I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.
The issue seems to be cosmetic if anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc
Hi Joachim,
How is your battery drain, does everything seem fine there?
What do you mean with putting the battery on the charger 2x?
2003 BMW 330Ci
2019 Sur Ron Firefly

User avatar
Offroader   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sep 08 2013 9:03pm
Location: USA

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Offroader » Jul 09 2019 3:57pm

Is there a similar Sur-Ron replacement 70/100 - 19" tire that you can buy in the USA. The tire would need to be 2 ply and not 4 ply.

Thanks

Joachim   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 432
Joined: Jul 30 2015 1:02pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Joachim » Jul 10 2019 12:44am

AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 09 2019 3:27pm
Joachim wrote:
Jul 08 2019 1:09am
fechter wrote:
Jul 07 2019 1:47pm
AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 07 2019 9:44am


I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.
The issue seems to be cosmetic if anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc
Hi Joachim,
How is your battery drain, does everything seem fine there?
What do you mean with putting the battery on the charger 2x?
Battery seems to be fine...range and power are okey. i have to power up the charger twice and after this the % shows me the real numbers and not 0%

AlexisSurRon   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 07 2019 9:10am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by AlexisSurRon » Jul 10 2019 2:27am

Joachim wrote:
Jul 10 2019 12:44am
AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 09 2019 3:27pm
Joachim wrote:
Jul 08 2019 1:09am
fechter wrote:
Jul 07 2019 1:47pm


I haven't heard of that one before, but the intermittent nature makes it sound like a loose connections somewhere. Try tracing the cable from the display unit until you reach a connector and unplug it and inspect the pins. One pin may be pushed back or something. Sometimes just unplugging and re plugging can fix things.
I think this have Nothing to do with the controller because the connector on top of the battery give the % signal to the bigger display and also the voltage, so something is wrong on this part from the bms are there is a bad link in from the battery signal plug to the display.

I have also a problem on this part: sometimes the % just go from a high percentage to 0% and the volts are stil there...bike keeps wurking perfect,put the battery on the charger 2x and the % reading goes to the level of the soc
Hi Joachim,
How is your battery drain, does everything seem fine there?
What do you mean with putting the battery on the charger 2x?
Battery seems to be fine...range and power are okey. i have to power up the charger twice and after this the % shows me the real numbers and not 0%
So your battery is showing you the wrong % on its built in display?
2003 BMW 330Ci
2019 Sur Ron Firefly

AlexisSurRon   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 07 2019 9:10am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by AlexisSurRon » Jul 10 2019 3:55pm

AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 07 2019 9:44am
Aebrennan wrote:
Jun 29 2019 6:17pm
Allex wrote:
Jun 28 2019 11:05am
Please try to not misinform ppl here if you are not sure about the facts.
The motor(P/N 11100-YQ2A-0200 u can find this label when lifting up the skid plate) has a KTY84 temp sensor installed so the protection is present.
There is so much fake news regarding these bikes i actually stop following it.

Here is the X motor part number
Here is 2 X controllers V2.11 is 8 months old and V2.15 is 5 months old.
FYI The lateset software is V2.19
Pictures do more justice than words.
Hello,

Glad to see so many people interested in the Sur Ron :)
It’s an amazing little bike.

Regarding the X Controller:

I ordered a Sur-Ron sine wave X controller from Luna (PN: 21100-YQ2A-0301 (another version??), no SW version is shown/scribbled down) and installed it on a german street legal Sur-Ron (the call it the Firefly here) which normally comes with the “stock” controller (PN on that was 21100-YQ2B-0000, SW V1.3.13_2018.11.30).
My motor has PN: 11100-YQ2A-0200.
The positive change in performance is immediately noticeable.

I only have one issue:
My instrument randomly shows 0% battery power and 0% voltage. It just flashes/jitters on once in a while, along with the low battery indicator orange warning light, and then goes back to normal. I have the EU above-the-headlight mounted Display (the big one in the center with all the fancy lights).
Once in a while I also get the “Er-002” code on my LCD screen, along with the other orange exclamation mark warning indicator.

The bike itself operates normally though (albeit higher battery drain, but I’m sure that’s normal due to the higher power), no power cutoff, no power limiting, nothing.
The issue seems to be cosmetic if anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

What does that error code mean (couldn’t find any definition to it, also not in the service manual online listing the failure codes)?

On another note, I thought this might be of interest:
On German models removing the slow mode or “unlocking” the bike is done by cutting the green wire.
I still have mine intact, but having installed that X controller, i can now reach 80km/h in sport mode (insane), and on economy it tops out at 50km/h.

Also, I have a connector on the main bike harness for the triangular one coming out of the X controller. I connected them (the Luna Cycle installation video bike does not have this connector), but I have no clue what it’s for. Does anyone know what it is?

Appreciate any help and advice,
Thanks in advance
Hi,

Seem to habe solved the problem. Disconnected the triangular connector and everything seems to be going normal, no more lights or nothing.

Just have to mount a new set of tires due to a flat and I‘ll give it a couple test rides.

I’ll check if there‘s a difference in the performance too.

KR,
Alexis
2003 BMW 330Ci
2019 Sur Ron Firefly

wuhaichao443   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 25
Joined: Apr 22 2019 5:05am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by wuhaichao443 » Jul 10 2019 7:51pm

New rear suspension rocker
Attachments
微信图片_20190704152850.jpg
微信图片_20190704153000.jpg

kitaoka   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 07 2018 1:36pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by kitaoka » Jul 11 2019 1:27pm

Is the bearing a standard aftermarket bearing and if so would you mind identifying who carries it? Also does this eliminate the need for the two nylon bushings? It appears that there would not be room for them. Or is it a completely newly manufactured part?

Thanks.
DSCF3339-1024x683.jpg

Joachim   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 432
Joined: Jul 30 2015 1:02pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Joachim » Jul 13 2019 12:24pm

My custom battery finally ready.
16S-19P Panasonic PF cells/55Ah-3000Wh .

The stock pack drops maximum 5Volts.
The new pack voltagedrop is 2,7Volts.

Today i test the new battery in EP mode al the way full throttle .

took some time to get the battery empty.
ride til 52,7V(2,29V per cell) .
Total range in EP 145km :mrgreen:
65/75km in sport mode wil be possible :bolt:
Image

AlexisSurRon   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 07 2019 9:10am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by AlexisSurRon » Jul 14 2019 5:29am

Joachim wrote:
Jul 13 2019 12:24pm
My custom battery finally ready.
16S-19P Panasonic PF cells/55Ah-3000Wh .

The stock pack drops maximum 5Volts.
The new pack voltagedrop is 2,7Volts.

Today i test the new battery in EP mode al the way full throttle .

took some time to get the battery empty.
ride til 52,7V(2,29V per cell) .
Total range in EP 145km :mrgreen:
65/75km in sport mode wil be possible :bolt:
Image
:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Will you be selling them?

As a matter of fact anybody selling 72V batteries in germany?
2003 BMW 330Ci
2019 Sur Ron Firefly

Joachim   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 432
Joined: Jul 30 2015 1:02pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Joachim » Jul 14 2019 6:22am

AlexisSurRon wrote:
Jul 14 2019 5:29am
Joachim wrote:
Jul 13 2019 12:24pm
My custom battery finally ready.
16S-19P Panasonic PF cells/55Ah-3000Wh .

The stock pack drops maximum 5Volts.
The new pack voltagedrop is 2,7Volts.

Today i test the new battery in EP mode al the way full throttle .

took some time to get the battery empty.
ride til 52,7V(2,29V per cell) .
Total range in EP 145km :mrgreen:
65/75km in sport mode wil be possible :bolt:
Image
:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Will you be selling them?

As a matter of fact anybody selling 72V batteries in germany?
No not selling these bigger batteries....i test the pack first and maby wil make a compleet plug&play 3,7Kwh battery for the sur-ron in the same aluminium case.

AlexisSurRon   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 07 2019 9:10am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by AlexisSurRon » Jul 15 2019 7:30am

3DTOPO wrote:
Dec 19 2018 9:11pm
Lelandjt wrote:
Dec 19 2018 6:12pm
What pressures are you guys running in the stock tires for trail riding? My trails are a bit rocky and high speed so I'm around 23 rear, 21 front to avoid pinch flats and squirming. I want to try lower but worried about impacts.
I run around 12psi. With the FOC X Controller, it was tearing the valve stem so I switched to tubeless and haven't looked back.

I wouldn't go below 15psi without switching to tubeless.
Hi,

Is this a common experience? I’m going through tubes and I can’t figure out why... is the acceleration that awesome? :lol:
I ride mainly city and love ripping it, what tire pressure do you suggest?
I have new tubes on the way right now... :roll:

Thanks and BR,
Alexis
2003 BMW 330Ci
2019 Sur Ron Firefly

User avatar
fechter   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 14161
Joined: Dec 31 2006 3:23pm
Location: California Bay Area, USA

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by fechter » Jul 15 2019 9:25am

Another factor is (at least on mine), the rim was lubricated with some really slippery stuff presumably to make mounting the tire easier. If you deflate the tire and clean the inside of the rim and mating tire surface with alcohol, it will be much more sticky and reduce the chances of spinning the tire out.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Finer   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 28 2018 9:44am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Finer » Jul 15 2019 11:49am

I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.

User avatar
BCTECH   100 W

100 W
Posts: 277
Joined: Oct 24 2014 2:04pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BCTECH » Jul 15 2019 11:56am

Finer wrote:
Jul 15 2019 11:49am
I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.
have you tried using rim lock?

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1441
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jul 15 2019 12:01pm

BCTECH wrote:
Jul 15 2019 11:56am
Finer wrote:
Jul 15 2019 11:49am
I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.
have you tried using rim lock?
most rim locks are for 1.6 and wider rims, stock surron rims are 1.4 .. so would require modification to the rim lock or wheel rebuild with a wider rim..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Finer   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 28 2018 9:44am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Finer » Jul 15 2019 12:09pm

I agree, I've looked into rimlocks but they are all too big.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1441
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jul 15 2019 12:16pm

Finer wrote:
Jul 15 2019 12:09pm
I agree, I've looked into rimlocks but they are all too big.
for those looking for a rim upgrade or wheel build check out wickedwheelwerks on ebay.. :
https://www.ebay.com/usr/wickedwheelwerks
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

ebikeguy123   1 W

1 W
Posts: 60
Joined: Jan 23 2019 5:29pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by ebikeguy123 » Jul 15 2019 1:19pm

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (440.04 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Testing a new controller/ rapid charger that also does V2G.

30 min charge time (from 10% to 80%)
200 km range (extra cells added to up the ah. regen is 80% efficient and uses capacitor)
100 kph
Also has ABS, launch control and traction control. With a small front hub motor you can have 2 wheel drive and ABS regen on front as well.

https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrak ... 7997382536

Testing a new integrated controller/ charger that uses adaptive intelligence via something like an oscilloscope with pulsing power supply. This means you have an on board charger. More efficient due to its ability to adapt to the ever changing state of the batteries and motor in milliseconds via direct feedback. Real time Adaptive intelligent bi-directional power management.

This is a similar technology but our solution is already in production. We have had meetings with evchip founder and see it as complimentary www.evchip.com/our-technology

companies like www.gogoro.com are the customer but a version is being made to upgrade sur ron so you dont have to buy a second battery and lug it around and one third the cost.

The inventor of this controller is a Physicist and has designed and patented inverters that are widely used in the market today.

will post video of charging Sur Ron battery in 30 min vrs 3 hours

111 patents. 300 units have been made CSA approved. Units demoed at www.magna.com and https://www.tesla.com/solarpanels?energy_redirect=true

Thrive2 has filmed a segment on this device that will be in there next movie release. www.thrivemovement.com

ISO 9001 certified. has been tested for two years at The National Institute of Science & Technology and at The Pecan Street Project, an advanced smart grid research project in Austin, Texas.

Evaluation has been done of Autonomous Distributed Technology to Mitigate Adverse Impacts of Intermittent Resources and Transient Events.

EPRI is the main research arm for the grid companies in North America. They have done exhaustive tests verifying the functions.

"It is a Universal Power Interface by using intense amounts of logic, can bi-directionally transfer power between any combinations of its four connections. Each power module has two DC connections and two AC connections. Each DC terminal can connect to batteries of any chemistry, solar panels, fuel cells, DC wind generators, alternators, etc. The AC connections are for AC loads, the Grid and generators. It requires the HTREM to be operated." No other product has a definition that broad. It also means that all of these features were tested and verified at full operating levels for sustained times at temperatures at the minimum and maximum of our specifications as well as at nominal. It includes sustained operation with multiple simulated lightning surges, direct short circuits and most things that are possible. It is verified that it can shut down safely and not ever present a risk of electrical shock or a fire hazard. This is key for insurance companies, mortgages, building codes and permits and any solar incentive programs. The CSA listing is the equivalent of the UL listing, but for Canada.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech ... r-storage/

Why bikes instead of cars?

33 million e-bikes were sold in 2017 vs 2.3 million e-cars.
Bicycles and motorcycles combined outsell cars 3 to 1.

$3 trillion delivery market https://seekingalpha.com/article/425049 ... ery-market?

Grocery delivery driver making $100k a year https://youtu.be/nA88yPH8akI

Sur-ron with a sidecar is 7 cents vrs a car at 70 cents. Unlicensed, registration or insurance. This solves the problem of half the income a delivery person makes goes to the vehicle costs.

Africa is the ultimate market...to boldly go where no other infrastructure has gone before...

Africa is home to the 10 fastest growing cities in the world https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-i ... the-world/

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028350408

Also in talks with people at https://www.sidewalklabs.com/

in talks with Sur Ron integrator to have this installed and shipped from China as well as an aftermarket backward compatible upgrade.
Attachments
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Last edited by ebikeguy123 on Jul 16 2019 8:05am, edited 14 times in total.

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6652
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Rix » Jul 15 2019 1:47pm

Finer wrote:
Jul 15 2019 11:49am
I am also running M403's on both my Light Bees (with x controllers). After every 20 miles + trail rides, all four valve stems look like they are ready to rip off. I have been letting the air out, straighten them up and do it all over again. Tried running as high as 15 pounds and it didn't help (also bouncing all over the trail). Rims are clean but the most interesting thing is the direction the valve stems go every time. It's not from acceleration, it's from braking. Guess I'll try to make them tubeless. If it works, I can finally run properly low pressures.
http://www.prowheelracing.com/rim-lock/

Glad I can help.

Post Reply