Stealth, Qulbix, Cyklon, HPI, ??

Thanks a lot for your reviews and advice guys ! I have to understand everything about mid-drive, torque, battery and everything but it sure will help me.

Quick reminder : it's not for an offrad use but for an "utility" bike used everyday for commute to work. That's why I don't care if it's a bike or motorbike, my only concern would be >70km/h not to be slower than cars on dangerous roads (road legal would be a plus, but not so sure of this anymore if you just need pedals not to be annoyed by police)

I will test the Sur-Ron in mid-August so from what you told me, it will help me to judge such bike.
:bigthumb:

higher road speeds will drain the battery faster so the battery should be sized for the desired range and speed.. starting to sound like a large battery will be needed for your commute at traffic speeds.. therefore a larger heavier chassis and components are needed for that battery weight and high motor power.. so the lightweight lower power type ebikes may not suit your needs as well as moped or emoto class EV.. pedals optional;).. its for mostly on road, but what about paths, parks, maybe some after work recreation riding?? consider wether you prefer to blend in with bikes, therefore pedals and low noise.. or traffic, where pedals are not needed and can have disadvantage and noise is desirable for added safety and visibility.. let us know how you like the Sur-Ron and how it compares to your current motorcycle:)

plarot said:
Quick reminder : it's not for an offrad use but for an "utility" bike used everyday for commute to work. That's why I don't care if it's a bike or motorbike, my only concern would be >70km/h not to be slower than cars on dangerous roads (road legal would be a plus, but not so sure of this anymore if you just need pedals not to be annoyed by police)

If your goal is sustained speeds of 70 kph then I think you will be disappointed with pretty much every type of smaller ebike. If I was you I would spit in the extra cash and get an electric motorbike if you have the license for it. The KTM Freeride E will do over 80, the Zero bikes will do 120+ :)

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
higher road speeds will drain the battery faster so the battery should be sized for the desired range and speed.. starting to sound like a large battery will be needed for your commute at traffic speeds.. therefore a larger heavier chassis and components are needed for that battery weight and high motor power.. so the lightweight lower power type ebikes may not suit your needs as well as moped or emoto class EV.. pedals optional;).. its for mostly on road, but what about paths, parks, maybe some after work recreation riding?? consider wether you prefer to blend in with bikes, therefore pedals and low noise.. or traffic, where pedals are not needed and can have disadvantage and noise is desirable for added safety and visibility.. let us know how you like the Sur-Ron and how it compares to your current motorcycle:)

My commute is not more than 8km so I don't need a big battery either, I think I will have to find a good compromise between weight and power/range

I was thinking about the KTM too, who's not really that expensive, will see if the gap between a lite ebike and this kind of motorbike is resonable or that huge.

I have ridden a KTM Freeride for a short test, and I have no doubt I'd rather be on that than my Q140MD if I was going out in busy traffic. That said, it will happily do it. Just tested some full throttle riding today, see this post in the Qulbix thread for my experience :)

Back