Cagiva / MV Agusta Motors (& KTM) electric freerider

Cagiva Will Be Resurrected… As An Electric Brand :
:twisted:
"
the new Cagiva will operate in a segment of vehicle that hasn’t really been created yet – a type of electric two-wheeler that is somewhere between an e-bike and a full-blown electric motorcycle..

The announcement was made by MV Agusta CEO Giovanni Castiglioni, and is similar to one that was announced by KTM CEO Stefan Pierer late last year, where the Austrian brand will develop something that sits between its KTM-branded e-bikes and its newly released Freeride-E models..

For Cagiva, this news leads to an eventual lineup that will include a new Elefant, but will first start with sport-focused off-road bikes with electric powertrains. We imagine something at or below the 125cc four-stroke class, but more potent than a downhill mountain bike.

We are investing in lightweight fun vehicles, bikes. Let’s say in-between… it’s a family. It’s a family that goes between a bicycle to a Zero-type bike, but different...
"
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/cagiva-resurrected-as-electric-brand/

GUIÀ by MV AGUSTA

huracan-guia-mx-mv-agusta-rc-1.jpg

huracan-guia-mx-mv-agusta-rc-2.jpg

huracan-guia-gp-mv-agusta-rc-5.jpg

[youtube]t4ND1ysR4N4[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/t4ND1ysR4N4

"The history of motorcycle racing is closely linked to that of MV Agusta, the most successful European motorcycle manufacturer of all time, with 75 world titles (38 riders and 37 manufacturers) from 1952 to 1974. The team of Count Agusta, in fact, was lined up at the start of the very first race of what has become the MotoGP World Championship.."

https://www.guia.bike/mv-agusta/

Why did you have to post this, I was thinking of going legit next year with an eu legal pedelec but this Guia looks amazing, and a great middle ground between a high power ebike like my 15kw Qulbix and a boring old 250W pedelec... :bigthumb:

Why do they all have to make them so small.

When I hear ´in between’ motorcycle and ebike, I am always dreaming of a bike that is the size of a motorcycle, and about the weight of an ebike.

I want to see a 12 inch travel 29er frame in XL size. :twisted:

Guess that depends on the usage - I thought the same as you but for off road use I really like the small size (by motorbike standards at least) of my Qulbix. Makes it easy to throw around and get over tough terrain, and even carry for shorter distances if needed.

But to the Giua (how does one pronounce this??), any news on price and availability? It looks awesome, but the DNM suspension and Bafang motor should hopefully keep the price down to a sensible level unless they decide to over charge massively....

Wow, 8500 Euro's... that is seriously pricy for a bike with a Bafang and DNM suspension. The frame looks trick, but I do wonder how they can justify this price. You could get a Spitzing M1, full carbon, 1000 watt motor, fox shocks all around, magura breaks +++ for less money.

considering the brands market base, price may not be an issue..

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/361215/mvagusta-brutale-superveloce-serie-oro/amp/

tooling for this type of frame production is also very expensive so that adds to the bikes price.. looking forward to see who or what else may join this "family":)

To be honest I can't see this appealing to MV Agusta fans. Their motorbikes are stuffed to the brim with premium components, brembo brakes, öhlins suspension, magnesium this and carbon that and custom engines unique to the brand. This bike seems a bit more... budget? And the MV Agusta edition is even more expensive at 9500 Euro's :shock: The 1500Wh battery is costly though, so that explains €1000 of the price compared to a regular pedelec with a 5-600Wh :)

Shame really, looks like it could be a good bike but for that price you are in serious high end mainstream eMTB territory, and the components just aren't in the same class.

Cagiva 2021 relaunch as an ‘electric urban mobility’ brand :

"Cagiva will be charged with getting MV Agusta into the burgeoning electric motorcycle market with a range of economical ‘urban mobility’ machines..."

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/cagiva-nameplate-returning-2021-electric-motorcycle-brand

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
GUIÀ by MV AGUSTA

huracan-guia-mx-mv-agusta-rc-1.jpg

Am I the only one cringing at the castrator of a "top tube"?!

As a lifelong almost half a century cyclist, on/off/pedal/motorized/gas/electric and design engineer, I'm honestly extremely unimpressed by this bike. As much as I do love my BBSHD, this looks to be way overkill structurally for BBSHD power topped by a nut grater wtf! It doesn't even have a rear shock linkage as does my very affordable Giant Trance BBSHD with a nice smooth castration-resistant top tube. And what's with that rear deraileur, it's so low it's almost getting extra drive traction in soft conditions!

looks like 24" wheels? 27.5+ wheels would raise the ground clearance (and seat height).. that's a looong cage derailleur but still doesn't look far from my (26") mtn bike.. my lower cage pully about 6" from the dirt/rocks.. time for IGH??

You could buy a lot of entry level full suspension bicycles and slap on some BBSHD's and get a way better battery.... with 8500 euros
....and the entry level bike would probably be a lot better then that artistic nut buster

not the craziest bike I've seen.. remember M55 .. and now we have moto prilla carbon ebike with USA distribution.. of course this is for turnkey public consumption, available at local motorcycle dealerships .. looking forward to their more "affordable" models coming next..

Back