Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Have a small question, i thinck i misunderstanded something ...
max battery power, is the max battery power drawn from battery ?
i thanck it was the capacity ....
soo made some test and found my motor was littlely unpowered ...

edit sunday : yes it s max power drain from battery and not battery capacity :oops:

battery SOC VLCD5 max battery power.jpg

eco 230wc
39.25 volt, 2em barre ( second digit lost )
tour "standard pedaling " 330wc 9.07ap
tour "strong pedaling " 417wc 11.68ap
speed/e-mtb 413wc 11.78ap
boost 419wc 11.89ap
36.7 volt, 3em barre( third digit lost )

was my last tests concerning the use of 6 digit on vlcd5, using chri set up .

Testing my personnal set up for pedal assist and eMTB mode

soft start and pedal assist levels.jpg

maj edit sunday
max battery power modified to 550W, it s better :

speed/eMTb 16.83ap 550wc
tour 11.68ap 376wc
4 digit gone 35.5V

Has anyone setup the temperature sensor. When I plug in the sensor the bike starts up with 1 battery bar and will not move. Did I likely mess up the wiring? Orange wire to output of sensor, spliced into white for +5, Spliced into Black for ground.

I get 5v across the white and black wires, so I guess the only one I might have got wrong is the orange one? Or could this be a firmware issue? Maybe it is trigger in the brake line.

wpenner said:
Has anyone setup the temperature sensor. When I plug in the sensor the bike starts up with 1 battery bar and will not move. Did I likely mess up the wiring? Orange wire to output of sensor, spliced into white for +5, Spliced into Black for ground.

I get 5v across the white and black wires, so I guess the only one I might have got wrong is the orange one? Or could this be a firmware issue? Maybe it is trigger in the brake line.
I have the sensor installed. I put low limits in the configurator to check all work. The display must show error E06.IMG_20190401_005842_DRO.jpeg

Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

French version ( in my blog ) of " how to " dedicated to last Marcoq version of the OSF V0.19

https://elementaire01.blogspot.com/2019/07/tsdz2-open-source-firmware-v019.html

french' TSDZ2 community isn't very activ, only a few ppl use this mid drive, BBS prefered .
But if someone find it usefull, it's Ok .

Translated by Google Translator:

Goodmorning everyone.
I released the 0.3.7 release of the java configurator and the M0.19.B release of the controller board firmware.
What has been done:
- The fields 1/6 and 6/6 have been enabled to optimize the calculation and display of the charge level for the VLCD5.
- The bug that in some cases could affect the backward resistance of the motor has been fixed.
- The throttle bug has been solved, now when the motor stops it is automatically disabled until the new restart.
- The management of the variables has been optimized in the code.

I think this release is practically stable and satisfying ... now I'm waiting for the release of the new 20.0 release on Endless ... after which I'll start working on that.
Good rides !! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.19.B_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_0.3.7_con_codice_0.19_Stable.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 138
ashrambo said:
wpenner said:

I have the sensor installed. I put low limits in the configurator to check all work. The display must show error E06.IMG_20190401_005842_DRO.jpe

I get no error on the display. When I start bike battery bar shows 1 notch and the bike will not work. I hear this is what happens if you start it with the ebrake on. I guess I must have wired something wrong.

Well I hit 2504km today and my bike made a bit of a louder sound now E07 Error on the display. Any idea what is broken with E07 error? Also has a bunch of resistance and a bit of vibration when pushing the bike backwards even without the battery on.

marcoq said:

Goodmorning everyone.
I released the 0.3.7 release of the java configurator and the M0.19.B release of the controller board firmware.
What has been done:
- The fields 1/6 and 6/6 have been enabled to optimize the calculation and display of the charge level for the VLCD5.
- The bug that in some cases could affect the backward resistance of the motor has been fixed.
- The throttle bug has been solved, now when the motor stops it is automatically disabled until the new restart.

I think this release is practically stable and satisfying ... now I'm waiting for the release of the new 20.0 release on Endless ... after which I'll start working on that.

Hello marcoq, could you explain the use of the eMTB XLS ? i dont now how move the variable to the code ?

testing a new SOC for VLCD5
usefull for small battery ( 36V 10Ah, 10S4P )
it s better, last digit blinking at 3.1V and rest only a few km ( on flat road )

5 digit gone at 3.48Vbattery soc V2.jpg

elem said:
marcoq said:

Goodmorning everyone.
What has been done:

Hello marcoq, could you explain the use of the eMTB XLS ? i dont now how move the variable to the code ?

Hello Elem.
Using eMTB.xls you can simulate eMTB assist level (ui8_assist_level_power[EMTB]) changing field EMTB_MOTOR_PULL_FACTOR (0.00... 1.00) you can simulate pedal torque and cadence rpm, changing field ui8_pas_cadence_rpm (80... 200 rpm) and field ui8_torque_sensor (max 255 raw value). :wink: :wink: :wink:

elem said:
testing a new SOC for VLCD5
usefull for small battery ( 36V 10Ah, 10S4P )
it s better, last digit blinking at 3.1V and rest only a few km ( on flat road )

5 digit gone at 3.48Vbattery soc V2.jpg
Hi elem,
I'm new in this forum, I wanted to ask you two questions about the use of 11S / 12S batteries since I had read that you usually use them.
I would like to know if you use these batteries even with the java by marcoq configurator and if they work, without giving an error.
I would like to build a 4P 11S or 4P 12S battery to limit consumption a bit.
I apologize for any errors
because I use goolge translator.
Thank you very much Anticipated

No problem, marcoq code is similar casinho/buba code, in fact marcoq use the code and built a java interface to program the controler, soo, no worry it s egal ..
using 10S on a testing bike for marcoq 0.3.6 release, 11s with original marcoq code ( first v0.16 without configurator ) and 12 s with lcd3 an V 0.16 release ( casainho/buba code ) .

11s/12s/13s work fine with a 36V motor .
seems the rpm depend if you use or not " experimental mode " , in fact i used 11S and 12S for improve the rpm, but with the open source firmware the only possibility to improve rpm is selecting " experimantal mode " .

i have more rpm on 10s using " experimental mode " , than 11s even 12s on the other bike ...
using 11s/12s/13s is a good way to have less current ...

sorry i don t use google translate and my english could be bad, i hope you understanded what i said .

ouverture impossible fichier xls.jpg
marcoq said:
elem said:
marcoq said:

Goodmorning everyone.
What has been done:

Hello Elem.
Using eMTB.xls you can simulate eMTB assist level (ui8_assist_level_power[EMTB]) changing field EMTB_MOTOR_PULL_FACTOR (0.00... 1.00) you can simulate pedal torque and cadence rpm, changing field ui8_pas_cadence_rpm (80... 200 rpm) and field ui8_torque_sensor (max 255 raw value). :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ok, i ll try to understand, had read something like that on the italian forum ...
soo it s necessary to edit code and modify variable in it ? those concerning "ui8_assit_level_power[EMTB]" !?

in fact i can open eMTB.xls, but impossible to open soft start linear ramp.xls ...

elem said:
ouverture impossible fichier xls.jpg
marcoq said:
elem said:
marcoq said:

Goodmorning everyone.
What has been done:

Hello Elem.

Ok, i ll try to understand, had read something like that on the italian forum ...
soo it s necessary to edit code and modify variable in it ? those concerning "ui8_assit_level_power[EMTB]" !?

in fact i can open eMTB.xls, but impossible to open soft start linear ramp.xls ...

Ciao elem,
ui8_pas_cadence_rpm e ui8_torque_sensor, come ti spiegava prima marcoq
sono solo nel foglio xls, questi servono solamente come formule per il calcolo, cosi potrai decidere quali parametri usare per cadenza e sforzo.

Nel configuratore i parametri modificabili nella sezione eMTB sono :
_emtb motor pull factor (mettendolo a zero equivale a "Cadence for eMTB Max Power"=80 della versione precedente).
_emtb start assist level max sport ( questo valore determina la % di assistenza da dove parte la modalità E-mtb)

Ok chri27.5, understanded ...

soo eMTB is : cadence ( variable )*power (fixed )*torque ( variable ) !?
and not only : power ( fixed )*torque ( variable ) like in other mode ?

for example ; if improve my cadence i could have the same power with less torque ( in mode eco/tour/boost )
but with eMTB as cadence also used to calculated the related power, i would like to understand wich parameter is more importante :

eMTB motor pull factor : what did it do ?
eMTb start assit level : i understand what it's doing .

i would like to get more power with hight torqe at small cadence, soo i understand that it's necessary to have the second parameter lower ( in fact i need power especialy when i am using my bike in trial mode soo from 0 rpm to 110 rpm for example, but i'm afraid to have to much power coming quicker and able to destroy even if actually i m using a metal one )
i define current ramp at 5.5A will try more but less than 8 amp/second wich i consider the max for me , otherway the power is too strong an bicycle become difficult to drive in mountain biking ( more than 15% to climb with difficult grip ) .

Ok, i will test and be back letter ;)

thancks for learning .

salut a la communauté italienne très active, j habite dans le 06 donc pas très loin de l Italie ;)
carpe diem .

Looks like my bike cooked itself. Not sure if controller failed or phase wire was rubbing on motor case? 2500km plus. Blue gear still perfect. Yellow housing looks like it had a small break in it.

C245248E-7490-44CA-82A7-3C855F65939C.jpeg

Does the VLCD5 show an error when the temperature sensor detects overheating? If not, does the firmware have a way to implement viewing the current temperature on the display, instead of the speed for example? Something like holding down a button to view the temperature or perhaps even automatically flash between showing speed and temperature until back within a safe range.

If you have installed the sensor the display shows you error e006 if you achieve the 1st limit, and the motor stops if you achieve the 2nd limit.

You must config the limits and activate the temp sensor in the java configuratr

I have constructed the programming cable and ready to flash the motor using the Marcoq software (a big thanks @Marcoq and others for your amazing work). I am struggling though to locate a list of the settings that I need to use that will be specific for my 52v motor with 52V 14Ah 14S battery.

Does anyone have a list of suitable settings for the 'Configurator' for my specific setup?

Ps. I have purchased a temperature sensor (LM35) but not yet installed.

ashrambo said:
If you have installed the sensor the display shows you error e006 if you achieve the 1st limit, and the motor stops if you achieve the 2nd limit.

Does the error code show while riding, instead of the speed? Or only appear after you have stopped and speed is zero?

famichiki said:
ashrambo said:

Does the error code show while riding, instead of the speed? Or only appear after you have stopped and speed is zero?
I have xh18 display it shows the error codes on the top of the screen...

I only tested the temp sensor, I selected 20 grades as 1st limit in the java configurator and the display show me e06 code when I powered on.

The xh18 shows the e0 codes as the attached image.
1564665e3f9243ee4e1b286e711a2412.jpg

That's interesting, although the VLCD5 looks like it shows the error where the speed is normally displayed.

Also the settings seem to have a Torque signal value display, does this work? I haven't finished setting up my kit yet, so just curious if it's supported and could be used for calibrating the torque sensor as being discussed in the other firmware thread.

I programmed my TSDZ2 today using Marcoq firmware and 'Configurator'. All went ok (except throttle is either 'Off' or 'On', no in between).

I made the programming cable below from a 10 conductor ribbon cable and spare 'wheel speed sensor' cable. Cable length about 100mm. Connected it to the motor via speed sensor socket, and connected STLink to laptop via USB extension cable.

ProgCable_1.JPG

ProgCable_2.JPG

I originally made a cable without the speed sensor plug on the end and it worked ok too, but it is necessary to take care when connecting the single wires to the speed sensor socket.

ProgCable_3.JPG

ProgCable_4.JPG

Back