Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Sergio1990 said:
grecoa said:
Sergio1990 said:
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio
I have not seen that problem.
Only thing I can suggest is when programming the controller first off all make sure that you write all 0's to both the Program Memory and Data Memory areas using STLink. This will make sure that all previous code is removed before writing new code.
I hope this helps.

Cool, all is running without the error code :thumb:
Thanks for this hint with the cleaning of the controller.

I ran into this problem as well when reconfigured from 14s to 13s battery pack. How do you clear the memory ? I have not used ST Visual Programmer- not sure which chipset/options to choose to clear memory.

BeachRider2016 said:
Sergio1990 said:
grecoa said:
Sergio1990 said:
Hi everyone

I installed the version vM0.16.d with the Java configurator. I use a TSDZ3 motor with a 48V 13s4p battery and with a vlcd5 Display. I just change in the configurator: 36v to 48v, 10S to 13s. After the programming and when I start up the E Bike the code E08 is shown. I also tried with the vlcd6 and the same code was shown. I also tried a lot of different changes in the configurator, but always the E08 is shown. Motor works fine but I can't see the speed because of the Error code.

Does everyone know about this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Sergio
I have not seen that problem.
Only thing I can suggest is when programming the controller first off all make sure that you write all 0's to both the Program Memory and Data Memory areas using STLink. This will make sure that all previous code is removed before writing new code.
I hope this helps.

Cool, all is running without the error code :thumb:
Thanks for this hint with the cleaning of the controller.

I ran into this problem as well when reconfigured from 14s to 13s battery pack. How do you clear the memory ? I have not used ST Visual Programmer- not sure which chipset/options to choose to clear memory.

hello BeachRider 2016,
sorry my english why use google translator,
the marcoq configurator does not need to delete the memory with st visual, because it does it automatically before writing the new parameters.
Check the parameter:
Li-Ion Cell For Qvervoltage
(volts) 4.25
Attention, the point must be written after the number four.

Got it to work. Thanks!

emr said:
I have constructed the programming cable and ready to flash the motor using the Marcoq software (a big thanks @Marcoq and others for your amazing work). I am struggling though to locate a list of the settings that I need to use that will be specific for my 52v motor with 52V 14Ah 14S battery.

Does anyone have a list of suitable settings for the 'Configurator' for my specific setup?

Ps. I have purchased a temperature sensor (LM35) but not yet installed.

Just use the default settings to start. Change battery cells to 14, and select 36v or 48v motor.

Apparently there are a a lot of fake or defective temperature sensors on ali/ebay. Might want to test it on its own before installing if you did not order from digikey etc.

wpenner said:
emr said:
I have constructed the programming cable and ready to flash the motor using the Marcoq software (a big thanks @Marcoq and others for your amazing work). I am struggling though to locate a list of the settings that I need to use that will be specific for my 52v motor with 52V 14Ah 14S battery.

Does anyone have a list of suitable settings for the 'Configurator' for my specific setup?

Just use the default settings to start. Change battery cells to 14, and select 36v or 48v motor.

Apparently there are a a lot of fake or defective temperature sensors on ali/ebay. Might want to test it on its own before installing if you did not order from digikey etc.

Thanks for your reply.
I did manage to flash the controller ok. Unsure about some of the many options, but it does work and the test ride indicated an improvement over standard firmware.
Two things noticed with the new firmware...
  • Throttle is only off or on. No progressive power. This won't be an issue when I install the temp sensor as the throttle will be decommissioned.
  • When changing power modes while pedals are moving, using +/- buttons on the handlebar switch, the LCD speed segments change to 'E03' or 'E05' etc. Need to power off battery and restart LCD to reset.

I bought the LM35 (temp sensor) from a local online electronics store in Australia ( https://core-electronics.com.au/ ), so I believe they are legitimate. Unsure how to test without installing though. Any suggestions. I do have mutlimeter.

emr said:
wpenner said:
emr said:

Thanks for your reply.
I did manage to flash the controller ok. Unsure about some of the many options, but it does work and the test ride indicated an improvement over standard firmware.
  • Throttle is only off or on. No progressive power. This won't be an issue when I install the temp sensor as the throttle will be decommissioned.
  • When changing power modes while pedals are moving, using +/- buttons on the handlebar switch, the LCD speed segments change to 'E03' or 'E05' etc. Need to power off battery and restart LCD to reset.

I bought the LM35 (temp sensor) from a local online electronics store in Australia ( https://core-electronics.com.au/ ), so I believe they are legitimate. Unsure how to test without installing though. Any suggestions. I do have mutlimeter.
It's very easy...

http://embedded-lab.com/blog/testing-active-analog-temperature-sensors-with-a-multimeter/

Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

ashrambo said:
emr said:
wpenner said:
emr said:

Thanks for your reply.

It's very easy...

http://embedded-lab.com/blog/testing-active-analog-temperature-sensors-with-a-multimeter/

Thanks Ash. You are correct, it is easy, and I am pleased to report that the LM35 I have, responds as indicated in the link you provided. I will now feel more confident that I will get the appropriate result once installed in the motor.

Thanks for your responses team. With your assistance, this 66yo granny is feeling confident.

Hi guys.
There is a small bug concerning serial communication with the display, this could cause the ebike to malfunction .... I will try to release a new version as soon as possible!!! :thumb:

marcoq said:
Hi guys.
There is a small bug concerning serial communication with the display, this could cause the ebike to malfunction .... I will try to release a new version as soon as possible!!! :thumb:

Would this perhaps be related to me bricking my vlcd5? (see 2 pages back)
Does the serial-bug involve sending erroneous data to the display?

flufferty said:
marcoq said:
Hi guys.

Translated by google translator.
Hi flufferty.
The serial bug can cause malfunctions to the controller board but not to the display .... because the communication to the display works ... the bug can corrupt the value of some variables residing in the microcontroller RAM.
Your display brick is just a coincidence ... being new it may be faulty.

flufferty said:
marcoq said:
Hi guys.

Bug is wrong data buffer size check from LCD to controller at ebike_app.c:2256 (vM0.19.B) mentioned on jobike forum, I believe.
Should not lead to problems most likely, because there is start package byte and checksum check, but by coincidence may lead to any undefined behavior.

Update: controller sends to LCD only battery level, error code and speed, so, in theory, should not be possible to brick the display.

Hi guys.
I fixed the bug and optimized some parts of the firmware code.
I released version M0.19.C, while the java configurator remained at version 0.3.7. :thumb:

Attachments

• TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.19.C_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_0.3.7_con_codice_0.19_Stable.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 547
I am still on 3.6 and just this morning my VLCD5 switched off and the motor cut out. Would this be due to the bug that was found? I will update to 3.7 tonight and try it tomorrow morning.

I m testing v0.19 and configurator 3.6, no bug for the moment and i changed many thing, actually trying to find the best set up for mountain biking .

eMTB mode is 160 config du 31 juillet.jpg

elem said:
I m testing v0.19 and configurator 3.6, no bug for the moment and i changed many thing, actually trying to find the best set up for mountain biking .

eMTB mode is 160
I think your pedal assist is very high to mtb. I use 30/50/80/110 as levels...I need to feel my legs working...

Yes i know, actually the motor is 42T and 11/32, soo i need more power ;)
on my own bike i use 32T and 11/40 and assist level are more near your set up

if you want torque, this motor ( 36v, 48V i don t know ) need to spin at least about 70% of nominal RPM

marcoq said:
Hi guys.
I fixed the bug and optimized some parts of the firmware code.
I released version M0.19.C, while the java configurator remained at version 0.3.7. :thumb:

I forked marcoqs github repo and comitted the recent zip-archive to it.
I'll udate new releases there, so users can find the most recent version always at the same place.

https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

To download click the button "clone or download"

I do not plan to do own developments on this project, it's just a service for marcoq.

@andrea_104kg: perhaps you can add the link to the first post of this thread.

regards
stancecoke

github repo download.PNG

elem said:

if you want torque, this motor ( 36v, 48V i don t know ) need to spin at least about 70% of nominal RPM
It's true I use 34T and 11/36 in 26" bike. I'm interested in your other settings...

ashrambo said:
elem said:

It's true I use 34T and 11/36 in 26" bike. I'm interested in your other settings...

I will try the new code to my other bike using marcoq code ( actually v0.16 without configurator )
the one using marcoq is boost ( 27.5+ ) 36T and 11/40
planned too moving the other one ( full suspended ) 32-11/40 with casinho code and KT-LCD from v 0.16 to V 0.19 .

will put here my observations, if usefull to mountain biking .

I see there is also another Github fork of the Marcoq version of the software here...
https://github.com/granis/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display?fbclid=IwAR2l0dF_u8EBE0OJTP3bH-B1Xo6nTbGdgXgVKJB_VBqC5PpE_mPJzdGW_zw
This includes details of the changes in each version.

I've made a Wiki-page just quick and dirty, everybody is invited to add further information. The Wiki-page can be edited by any user with a github account!

https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display/wiki

regards
stancecoke

Well done @Stancecoke.

One of the hurdles us mere mortals face is finding the information to accomplish the numerous steps required to flash the motor controller. The information is there, but spread over multiple pages of various forums, and often not in a language the user can read. I believe your one stop source for instructions will be of great benefit.

Another document I would like to see (please advise if this already exists) is a full list of the Marcoq settings in the configurator and the implications of various values for each setting. Some are obvious, but some are still a mystery to me, as to what will be the result of a change in a setting's value.

Its kinda weird guys. I got my E08 error fixed after reinstall STMelectronics
But I just changed my crank to 30T and wanted to up the torque sensor, I reflash it and the E08 showed up again.
I did a quick compile and this showed up....

"/Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.c, ....> failed "

and I'm guessing that what messing up the voltage error ?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 2,382
Back