Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

IMMY said:
I am using http://cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_807.html this meter. Please suggest what i need to do to get the speed.

Not sure if this helps, but I have attempted to cleanup and enhance the low-res QSmotor diagram for your CT-22 speedometer console. Note that for wiring the speedometer circuit, it states to connect the A-10 yellow-white wire to any one of the three Hall signal wires. Hope that helps a bit.

CT-22 speedometer diagram.A.1280.jpg

CT-22 speedometer diagram.B.1280.jpg

M

For those who want to use a VOTOL controller with a QSmotor hub, you simply wire up the Halls & Phases to match color-to-color. Then you need to go into the application and be sure to check the two "exchange" boxes (as shown in red in the screenshot). Otherwise, the motor runs -- rather smoothly I might add -- in reverse.

Note: earlier versions of the software did not offer the two checkboxes -- you need to be using the latest version.

YMMV.

Setting3 screenshot with swap.jpg

P.S. the screenshot gives a hint as to how you would physically exchange the Halls & Phases to work without making any software changes. But the software switch is so much easier IMO.

IMMY said:
Currently, i am working on speedometer connections with votol em100 controller. Everything is working fine except i am not getting speed on meter. I have connected controller white wire with speedometer but it is showing 0 kmph.
I am using http://cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_807.html this meter. Please suggest what i need to do to get the speed.

Did you get this to work?

M

Hello people.
I'm new here and I apologize for my English.
I bought my electric scooter with Votol em50s.
I decided to replace it with a Chinese bluetooth control. I did it, but unfortunately I see no difference, only that I paid $ 140.
The Votol Em50s scooter has a speed limit of 45km.
With the new controller 2 km more. My question is:
What is the maximum speed that a motor has 72V, 3000W 12 inches wheel.
 I have a programming cable for Votol em50s will I be able to pick it up to 50-55km and what can go wrong with programming?
The other question is why I use Votol em50s or is the china controlel from the picture?
I would be very grateful if you would give me advice. Which controller is better.
The speedometer does not work with the Chinese controller.
The other thing I felt was that the engine was a little noisier with the Chinese controller when accelerating

Chinese controller:https://www.mxcontroller.com/produc...ble-48v-72v-50a-brushless-dc-motor-controller

Votol controller is more advanced and more powerful. The yuyangking controller with correct specs can be checked here
(mxcontroller site specs are full of incorrect data):
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/Yuyang%20King%20YKZ7250JG%20for%20qs%20800-1000w%20Brushless%20Motor%20Controller/497.html

Try this first:
Probably the Votol controller is speed restricted in program. There is a link to controller manual in this thread. Did you read it?
Max rpm can be changed in the program.

Try this if votol controller is not rpm restricted:
It could be that battery or motor is not powerful enough or motor too slow. You must give more info to verify this:
Which scooter? Specification?
Which Motor? Post a pic of any markings
Battery voltage and max current?

Thanks for the fast answer.
I definitely had to start with that.
Motort is a brand of GT Union A 9
The electric motor is: BOCH 3000W 72V
The battery is 72V / 6 x 12v 20AH

e2aw8vbw.jpg

8j97epay.jpg

8lvw2pkp.jpg

I was able to connect to the controller without a problem.
I have backed up the values and am ready for programming.
I upload photos of each section and tell me which values to change and how much.

ekut2yh6.jpg

sb6ooxpm.jpg

ecdyz642.jpg

hzdlhuk9.jpg

5jc5uavp.jpg

Untick the speed limit box, guess you need to set it to "prohibit the speed limit ", set value to 99% to be sure.
image.jpeg

Do you have a three speed switch?
If so it should work, but if you don't then set all high/mid/low settings to 99%
image.jpeg

If you want to have more torque when starting, untick "soft start enabled" box

Thank you so much.
Tomorrow I will get my old modem back on the scooter and program it as you replied.
I just didn't understand after changing the values how I should write the information to the controller. :wink:

I sit and wonder something.
I see that in 3 gear the value is 99% of the speed.
When I bought the bike from the sellers, I received instructions on how to shift 1-2-3 gears. After turning on 3 gears, the speed of the scooter does not exceed 45 km.
I see now the controller is already set to a value of 3 gears of 99% (2 in the photo)
My question is: what will I change?
The picture shows a set speed limit of 78% (1 in the photo). The value of 3 gears is set to 99% (2 in the photo), but what I found and tested right now is the speed before programming.
1 gear about 19km
2 gear about 35km
3 gear about 45km.

If 78% (1 in the photo) = 45km, it follows that:
2 gear: 45km - 78% (2 in the photo) = 35km fits exactly
1 gear: 45km - 43% (2 in the photo) = 19km also fits.
What I think is to change only the overall speed limit, namely 78% (1 in the photo) but do it at 99% and then I believe the speed will go up to 60km at all 99%, theoretically.
If I'm wrong please correct me.
:( :( :lowbatt: :lowbatt:

feytygzc.jpg

MJSfoto1956 said:
IMMY said:
Currently, i am working on speedometer connections with votol em100 controller. Everything is working fine except i am not getting speed on meter. I have connected controller white wire with speedometer but it is showing 0 kmph.

Did you get this to work?

M

Try changing the data in the controller to use the Hall speedometer and the grinder that will be obtained.

bme26hnd.jpg

borko444 said:
If 78% (1 in the photo) = 45km, it follows that:
2 gear: 45km - 78% (2 in the photo) = 35km fits exactly
1 gear: 45km - 43% (2 in the photo) = 19km also fits.
What I think is to change only the overall speed limit, namely 78% (1 in the photo) but do it at 99% and then I believe the speed will go up to 60km at all 99%, theoretically.

I believe you are correct - it is logical. It will be interesting to see what speed you get.
Could still be that motor winding is too slow or too weak to get to 60kph even if you succesfully change it. 3000W is certainly enough power.

Please post your results so we know :thumb:

Look at the videos if you have questions now is the time to ask.
I'm going to get programming the plug so I can program it whenever I want.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci-DoJEeDvs&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJmTVT_RAg[/youtube]

:thumb:
It works then. Now you effectively increased possible load on motor with the higher speed and wind resistance so be careful not to overheat it. If going hard for a longer time..

In second video you get 60kph noload speed. I estimate this would translate to about 50kph loaded. Maybe you are still in mid setting on three speed button? Noload speed would need to be higher if you want to drive at 60kph.

Now I've done a load test and the top speed I reached is 55km which is perfect.
However, the problem is that my speedometer has a 10km error.
The display shows 55km and GPS measured speed is 45km. Does anyone know how to adjust the speedometer. And by adjusting the speedometer or controller.

For the final I will say what I actually achieved.
1. I increased from 45A to 48A the maximum power to the engine
(I got more power which is not bad by not overpowering the engine)
2. Soft start I raised the value from 12 to 13 (Get good without bothering the engine when starting)
3. I activated the cruise control, but it still didn't work, it doesn't even take me 30 seconds to maintain the speed.
4. I increased the values ​​of 1,2,3 gear to achieve a higher speed as follows 30km, 40km, 45km.

Conclusion: There will be, but after a thorough test to see how the battery and engine and controller temperatures behave.

Waiting for the speedometer control solution /

:thumb:
I cannot help you with speedometer, never dealt with one. They must be trimmable to fit all motors - you can check if there's a potentiometer on the outside of the speedometer someplace for adjustments, i guess that's how it's done if it's not done through reprogramming the speedometer settings.

Cheers/Lars

No potentiometer. It is painted but not inserted.
Probably made with one resistance to avoid touching
Anyway. I'll get used to it.
Where can I find information about my Bosch engine?
Bosch 72V 3000 watts 12 inches.
I can buy another motor for a higher speed.
Mine as seen in one of the videos makes 690 rpm. And there are the same ones at 1100 rpm.

kfgda7b3.jpg

Today I came to another interesting fact.
I measured the circumference of the tire 12 inches with a radius of 1,495 cm.
A little bit Matemarik:
When the engine is not loaded, the speed is 61 km according to the speedometer reading at 569 rpm from (program software),
which is estimated:
569 rpm x 1,495 m = 850m in 1 minute
850 m x 60 min = 51 kmh BUT
There is one big BUT: displayed on the speedometer 61 kmh

There's a logic in that.
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Another thing that happened to me today was that I wrote to the seller of the Chinese controller and asked him to return because he was not doing my job and I asked him for a free ticket to send him back to the controller. In response, he offered to pay me back a partial sum of $ 70 of the total sum of $ 140 and to keep it. I agreed. So these controllers are probably $ 20-30 if they can get me half the money.
And again I have two questions.
1. Why is the engine noisier when working with a Chinese controller? It has the specific sound of an electric motor, and with the VOTOL engine it is so smooth and quiet.
2. Accidentally know how to activate votol sports mode.
There are 1,2,3 ancestors and sports mode. But how is it activated?

borko444 said:
1. Why is the engine noisier when working with a Chinese controller? It has the specific sound of an electric motor, and with the VOTOL engine it is so smooth and quiet.

Votol is true sine wave. Cheap chinese, not so much.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Accidentally know how to activate votol sports mode.
There are 1,2,3 ancestors and sports mode. But how is it activated?

Hello.
I decided to buy a 100A or 150A controller, but what brand would it be?
A lot of brands are discussed here in the forum.

Back