Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

I post about this firmware in my blog...

Ashthinkings

https://ashthinkings.blogspot.com

It's in spanish, yo can use google traslator...

Enviado desde mi SM-G510 mediante Tapatalk

ashrambo said:
I post about this firmware in my blog...

Thank you, I've added the link to the wiki (will open in english already :))

Atrihalov said:
Write how to run the configurator on windows?

See step 5: Start the java tool by double-clicking on "TSDZ2-Configurator.jar"

BeachRider2016 said:
I did a quick compile and this showed up....
Do you have any parentheses in one of the folder pathes? Are you using the lastest SDCC version?
Expand the repo directly to C:\ to avoid trouble with write permissions.

regards
stancecoke

Hi, I have couple of questions about marcoq:s configurator:

How are the 3 first values on battery section used and what they really are:
safety max battery current limit amp
max battery power
max current source Amp

I have a 36v 11 ah battery that can output 20a continous and 30a peak current.
Is the max_battery_current_source a continous current limit and safety_max_current a peak limitation value?
Are the max_battery_power and max_current_source values used as a parallel limit as the first one that is reached will limit the power used?

Would it be safe to input safety_max_current_limit value to 25a and current_source to 18a and max_power to 650w?
If i then untick the "limit motor boost to max power" Will the motor draw current over 18a only on a starting power boost sitatuation?
As i have the vlcd5 i don't see the used current when driving the bike and i want to make sure i wont fry the battery or my motor.

Thanks for your help and this great project on improving the usage of tsdz!

Posted a small upgrade " how to " concerning v0.19 and configurator V3.16 ... in french on my blog .

https://elementaire01.blogspot.com/2019/07/tsdz2-open-source-firmware-v019.html

will update it later with the set up found after some tests ..
seem my set up is ok with a stock 42 T ... probably too strong for those using a smaller 32T/34T and large K7 .

will put update when i ll test v3.6 with my other bike using 34T and 11/40 ...

actually testing casainho/buba v0.19 OSF, soo will take some time to pmut news on my blog .

eetulaa said:
How are the 3 first values on battery section used and what they really are:
safety max battery current limit amp
max battery power
max current source Amp

I have a 36v 11 ah battery that can output 20a continous and 30a peak current.
Is the max_battery_current_source a continous current limit and safety_max_current a peak limitation value?
Are the max_battery_power and max_current_source values used as a parallel limit as the first one that is reached will limit the power used?

Would it be safe to input safety_max_current_limit value to 25a and current_source to 18a and max_power to 650w?
If i then untick the "limit motor boost to max power" Will the motor draw current over 18a only on a starting power boost sitatuation?
As i have the vlcd5 i don't see the used current when driving the bike and i want to make sure i wont fry the battery or my motor.

Thanks for your help and this great project on improving the usage of tsdz!

as controler inboard is limited to 18 A the max limit you can put on "safety max battery current limit amp" is 18 .
"max battery power" is the max power you would use from battery, i use 550w, the motor could reach 750w or more, but need to pay attention to overburn it ...
"max current source Amp" is the max current you want to use with your set up ( limited from point 1 to 18A max ) i use 15A with a 11S battery

soo the motor never overcome the 18A limit even if you put 25A in max current ...

elem said:
Posted a small upgrade " how to " concerning v0.19 and configurator V3.16 ... in french on my blog .

OK, the information about marcoq's fork seems to be scattered all over the internet :)

I added the link to the github wiki to bundle all information at one place :idea:

https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display/wiki

regards
stancecoke

BeachRider2016 said:
I did a quick compile and this showed up....
Do you have any parentheses in one of the folder pathes? Are you using the lastest SDCC version?
Expand the repo directly to C:\ to avoid trouble with write permissions.

regards
stancecoke

I re-install the lastest SDCC version from your github page and its working again :mrgreen:
:bigthumb:

On this page (Qmarco Git Hub page)...
https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display
it mentions...
by clicking the "help" button, a pdf document will open. It contains information regarding the user interface parameters and addresses related to eeprom memory.

I am unable to locate a 'Help' button in the configurator, or any pdf in the downloaded folders. Any suggestions?

emr said:
On this page (Qmarco Git Hub page)...
https://github.com/qmarco/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display
it mentions...
by clicking the "help" button, a pdf document will open. It contains information regarding the user interface parameters and addresses related to eeprom memory.

I am unable to locate a 'Help' button in the configurator, or any pdf in the downloaded folders. Any suggestions?

Ok, answered my own question...

I looked in a previous version of the configurator (v16) and it has a 'Help' button and connected pdf.

So once i get my temperature sensor and limits set to under 80c. Is there any reason to not program the controller for 18amps battery and 9000w motor limit? Thinking that would run at 900watts or so when temperature is low. Currently have it set to 14amps battery and 500w motor limit limit, as to not burn up my motor.

I think I've read 18amps is the max for this controller and guessing that is set with the battery amps value.

Yes no problm, 18A is the limit, 900w, why not ;)

for short burn like a few seconds ...

but you never reach this power if you are using 36V battery
900w = 18(A)*50(V) soo you need at least a 48V battery fully charged to reach this power limit ....

Hello. It was sewn through the configurator and according to the sensations the ride became not comfortable. The motor drives inadequately, it helps sometimes it interferes and pedaling is difficult. The throttle stick has ceased to be infinitely jerky. As a result, I will return to the original firmware (36V, 350W) and enjoy the ride.

Hi, does the experimental cadence mode affect the way the motor is controlled on lower rpm than normal max?
Does it only raise the assisted cadence limit, or what it does?

How do I enable eMTB with the display? I'm on assist 3 and hold the i button but no E codes turn on. ( I have XH18 display and set the display and eMTB mode in the configurator)

eetulaa said:
Hi, does the experimental cadence mode affect the way the motor is controlled on lower rpm than normal max?
Does it only raise the assisted cadence limit, or what it does?

with experimental mode ( on 36V motor ) you can reach 100 rpm eand more

don t match with 48V motor ( tested with 0.19 and 0.20 form buba/casainho, not marcoq one )

btslo said:
How do I enable eMTB with the display? I'm on assist 3 and hold the i button but no E codes turn on. ( I have XH18 display and set the display and eMTB mode in the configurator)

if eMTb enabled from configurator, it work even if you haven t any symbol ( that features only avaiable on v0.20 using lcd3 display not vlcd5 or xh148 or vlcd6 using marcoq archive )

Has anyone seen this happen before? It looks like something is trying to bust out of the case. It doesn't sound loose enough inside for it to break going over a bump?? It works and charges fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_202635_resize_82.jpg
    IMG_20190827_202635_resize_82.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,504
Guys could you explain or give a link about the assistant modes?

So we have:

1. Street mode or Offroad mode
2. Boost mode off / on
3. Emtb mode off / on ( what mode it will be if i turn it off, it is default in my java configurator )

On my feelings street mode gives more power. But i tested all the modes with middle gear, middle cadence and flat road.

Boost and offroad modes didnt feels powerfull. Strange.

Emtb mode is something in the middle.

Here is my java configurator settings, i just copied everything from ashrambo blog ( big thanks for your shares and explanation of the settings :thumb: )

937a0202f81a47c5ea810aec08be17e2.png

When street mode enabled ( and activated ) it limit motor power to default 250W and speed to default 25km/h .

Boost mode can't be desactivated ...you choose " when cadence=0 or speed=0 " only, you can disable boost power limit or modifie it in concerned " motor power boost " .

eMTb default, mean you use eMTb mode ( kind of torque mode only ) and can modifie "eMTb mode " as desired .
disabled it mean you use "power mode " instead other mode .

" PWM duty cycle " is acceleration, and also in : current ramp, witch is an other kind of acceleration .

Soo, you'r using 14S battery ( 58.8V max ) and max power possible 1000w .

pay attention, you may burn you'r motor if you'r not using sensor temp, exepted if this power is only used in a few second .

here is my set up ( attached picture ) and my blog with some explanations ( in french ) : https://elementaire01.blogspot.com/2019/07/tsdz2-open-source-firmware-v019.htmlconfig active aout 2019.jpg

Hi,

i'm following this and the developing thread of the OS fw for a while now. Installed both versions, Casahino/Bubas and Marcoqs, several times ... all very smooth.

Now my girlfriend wants to compare os to the stock FW. But i cant reflash the controller.
I got the files from https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming and followed the instructions. the motor is 36V with the XH18 display.

Programming via the marcoq configurator works fine ...

Anyone knows any TRICKS to reinstall the stock firmware??

thanks,
ark

to be more precise .. :roll:

no error code is shown on the display. it works, lights on, battery state is low (wrong) and flickering and no speed is displayed. and the motor is not working.

arkanum said:
to be more precise .. :roll:

no error code is shown on the display. it works, lights on, battery state is low (wrong) and flickering and no speed is displayed. and the motor is not working.

You need to also flash the stock option byte: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93818&start=1600#p1438745

brobro said:
Guys could you explain or give a link about the assistant modes?

So we have:

1. Street mode or Offroad mode
2. Boost mode off / on
3. Emtb mode off / on ( what mode it will be if i turn it off, it is default in my java configurator )

On my feelings street mode gives more power. But i tested all the modes with middle gear, middle cadence and flat road.

Boost and offroad modes didnt feels powerfull. Strange.

Emtb mode is something in the middle.

Here is my java configurator settings, i just copied everything from ashrambo blog ( big thanks for your shares and explanation of the settings :thumb: )

937a0202f81a47c5ea810aec08be17e2.png

You are running 18amps/1000Watts with temperature sensor installed?

elem said:
Yes no problm, 18A is the limit, 900w, why not ;)

for short burn like a few seconds ...

but you never reach this power if you are using 36V battery
900w = 18(A)*50(V) soo you need at least a 48V battery fully charged to reach this power limit ....

OK, will try soon. In winter I usually ride around -10 Celsius summer +26 Celsius, so I think I should be able to get quite a bit more power out of it in the Winter time.

Will settings the motor watts to 9999Watts cause any issues?

wpenner said:
Will settings the motor watts to 9999Watts cause any issues?

Dont thinck soo, but there is no need .
14s fully charged is 58.8v, 18A is the max controleur, soo 58*18=1044 will be about the max power .

Back