Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

TheBMallory said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Altair said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
pretty impressive .. what's your stopping distance at those speeds??

It depends on the mass of the obstacle...

my implication was that the stock brakes may become inadequate once the power and speed is multiplied..
there's a lot of things that are inadequate at those speeds.
let's take the sand up scooter for instance, I would be scared to hit a pothole or something with this tiny wheel and no suspension.

Ha! yes...avoid pot holes at speed!!! The tires are fairly small. BUT, I wouldn't want to hit a pothole on a full size motor bike at 45 either.

There is front suspension, nothing in the back. It's quite stable at speed too. No wobble or shimmying even at 55mpg. Braking is very straight line and no oscillations. If there is a speed issue, it is the the tight turning radius. You can turn around 180 degrees in less than 10 feet of space. Do any radical direction change at 45 and you will wreck!

I don't let anybody ride it, but me. It is fast for it's size and it will get away from you. Accelerating, it will throw you off. Slowing down it will throw you off. But then I built it to see how strong could I go. I'm helping a friend build an even smaller stand up scooter that will be stronger than this one. Should be really interesting!

PITMIX said:
you make me dream guys!
I am in a hurry to see what my 24F will give :D

I'm right there with you...I've put in an order for 3 of the 24 fet controllers.
2 are for me and the third for a friend I'm helping build a 2wd hunting bike.

Maybe I missed this in the thread... I read most of the pages and didn't see it discussed...

I am about to put in a pre-order for the 12F controller but there are also a few accessories to possibly purchase... Could someone explain:
Display glass — $3
Display casing — $30
Crimped wires for display — $3
CAN cable — $4.2
Optical-isolated PWM driver — $4

I've no problem ordering all of the items but I was just wondering if anyone had any info on them? Do I need to purchase the case and display glass separate to the 12F controller with display?

There is also a question after you enter your address: "Please tell us where you want to connect control, controller or display"...
I presume this is referring to when you want the throttle/buttons etc to connect? Any advantage to choosing the display over the controller other than a much shorter/neater cable runs?

Thanks and can't wait for this controller!

L

Spare parts: glass, casing (includes glass) if you break or scratch these.
Crimped wires for those who prefer soldering wires instead of crimping (if you dont have tool for ex)
CAN cable and splitter useful when you making 2+WD, every controller have cable but after splitter you also need to connect display. CAN Splitter is 4 port, so that means 3 controllers and 1 display or 2 controllers, bms and display in future :) you can stack splitters too
Optical-isolated PWM driver - check wiki here: http://wiki.nucular.tech/en:controller-light-fan-pwm

Question is bit outdated, since "control cable" now in accessories if you want to connect stuff to controller. Basically you can put just some information about your order

Hello Vasili
Do you start deliveries of 24F?

Ok thank you for the news ! :thumb:

Merlin said:
But.....

You have no bike to install 8) :p

Haaah,, yes you are correct. I boight the Nuc for my LMX and then decided to sell the bike. Still, i have my NYX bike with adaptto maxe, will keep Nuc as spare for that. Unless someone wants to buy LMX with Nuc 12f installed :wink:

Brumbrum you are lucky!

I ordered a 12F nucular controller and it cost me £100 on tax (custom, VAT) to get dispatch to UK. :(
i have not had time to test it as I am in the process of building a battery. It will be coupled to a MXUS. I will definitively have questions on the setup on the dedicated part of the forum.

Peterfr

Some packages pass through the customs is just luck.
Sometimes the customs tax is not applied immediately. Do not worry the customs will take care of sending you the bill at home. :lol:

PITMIX said:
Some packages pass through the customs is just luck.
Sometimes the customs tax is not applied immediately. Do not worry the customs will take care of sending you the bill at home. :lol:
It came through royal mail. They normally hold onto them until any outstanding costs are paid. We'll see. I have been sent invoices before but never when royal mail delivered.

Jonboy said:
Any bill :lol: .. Glad you got it.. mine behaved perfectly during the monsoon :wink:

Quick Q to Vasilli, will the larger bms come with plug in 4s taps like the adaptto did? If not how will it be?

Thank you

Jon

Andi I got the tool for the small pins i did solder tho btw

I've got a crimper for small pins. I should be ok. I think the Nuc bms will just have a single plug with wires coming out for each positive end of a parallel stack of cells. For instance , the 16s bms will have 16 positive leads and maybe one negative.
Vasily?

Has anyone actually tried the 12F with the LMX 161 motor?
I know from earlier in the thread that it 'works' but does anyone have a first hand comparison to the Kelly?

I'm looking at using an LMX motor for a custom project so I'm curious.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Chambers said:
I know from earlier in the thread that it 'works' but does anyone have a first hand comparison to the Kelly?

Ask Merlin, he did that :wink:

Chambers said:

Its been tried and tested by Vasily who makes/sells the Nuc controller. Also, Merlin has some videos with him using the Nuc with the lmx motor. It works good on sinewave unlikeKelly controller. It will also be smoother running and queiter than kelly.

Back