Wheel building service in Los angeles

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Post Reply
butters149   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 49
Joined: Mar 04 2019 3:49pm

Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by butters149 » Aug 15 2019 8:43pm

Hi are there any places in the Los Angeles area that can do custom wheel building?

e-beach   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3123
Joined: Jan 10 2012 9:48pm
Location: Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monica or possibly the south bay beaches.

Re: Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by e-beach » Aug 15 2019 9:03pm

When you say costume, how costume. There are plenty of bike shops around that can build you a wheel. You can even do it your self at the Bikerowave.

How costume do you want?

:D :bolt:
Favorite Quote: "This is L.A., sugar. There is no 'over the top." --- Chris Erskine

Current build: Liahona w/ cheap front suspension and suspension seat post. Yescomusa 36v 800w generic front hub motor. 15ah Headway triangle mounted pack. Tronsung 30 amp,

Previous Build:1992 Trek Antelope 800 - Bone Crusher (no suspension) - Yescomusa 800 watt 36 volt front wheel kit. Don't do it! Get suspension!!!

User avatar
E-HP   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 792
Joined: Nov 01 2018 9:20pm

Re: Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by E-HP » Aug 15 2019 9:36pm

e-beach wrote:
Aug 15 2019 9:03pm
When you say costume, how costume. There are plenty of bike shops around that can build you a wheel. You can even do it your self at the Bikerowave.

How costume do you want?

:D :bolt:
Wow, that Bikerowave thing looks pretty darn cool. I'll have to see if there's something like that around here. Great tip! Thanks.

User avatar
MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5968
Joined: Sep 03 2010 5:28pm
Location: Montreal QC Canada

Re: Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by MadRhino » Aug 16 2019 6:59am

e-beach wrote:
Aug 15 2019 9:03pm
When you say costume...
How costume do you want?

:D :bolt:
I want it 144 spokes and displaying a skull hologram when spinning. I am tired of trying. :mrgreen:
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street: https://s20.postimg.org/ewrvugywt/Session_04_2015.jpg
Dirt: https://s20.postimg.org/lbqwr55ml/IMG_0157.jpg

User avatar
E-HP   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 792
Joined: Nov 01 2018 9:20pm

Re: Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by E-HP » Aug 16 2019 8:58am

MadRhino wrote:
Aug 16 2019 6:59am
e-beach wrote:
Aug 15 2019 9:03pm
When you say costume...
How costume do you want?

:D :bolt:
I want it 144 spokes and displaying a skull hologram when spinning. I am tired of trying. :mrgreen:
Well I guess if you just want to blend in with crowd....
hearts and skulls.jpg
hearts and skulls.jpg (137.08 KiB) Viewed 160 times

User avatar
MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5968
Joined: Sep 03 2010 5:28pm
Location: Montreal QC Canada

Re: Wheel building service in Los angeles

Post by MadRhino » Aug 16 2019 12:10pm

E-HP wrote:
Aug 16 2019 8:58am
MadRhino wrote:
Aug 16 2019 6:59am
e-beach wrote:
Aug 15 2019 9:03pm
When you say costume...
How costume do you want?

:D :bolt:
I want it 144 spokes and displaying a skull hologram when spinning. I am tired of trying. :mrgreen:
Well I guess if you just want to blend in with crowd....

hearts and skulls.jpg
Nope. I want it carved in the spokes, no lights. LED lights and lasers are too easy, too flashy, and have nothing to do with wheel building art.
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street: https://s20.postimg.org/ewrvugywt/Session_04_2015.jpg
Dirt: https://s20.postimg.org/lbqwr55ml/IMG_0157.jpg

Post Reply