Battery pack for Lvneng motorcycle

valentinos

1 µW
Hi All,

I am looking to find an answer for building a battery pack 60V/26Ah for a Lvneng motorcycle due to very high dangerous goods surcharge if I would purchase the battery from China and import it in the UK.

I was told by a battery pack builder that he would need to know the exact coding for the BMS in order to work with the motorcycle.
He can't install any BMS off the shelf. Can anyone give me a technical explanation?

Thanks in advance

We need pictures en info from the battery and controller system.

Build in a custom battery and custom controller you always can rebuild and fix stuf.

This is a scooter type motorcycle?

valentinos said:
I was told by a battery pack builder that he would need to know the exact coding for the BMS in order to work with the motorcycle.
If the BMS communicates (serial port, CANBUS, etc) with the motorcycle's controller or main "brain", and the bike won't operate until it receives the right info from the BMS telling it the battery is ok to use (or charge, or wahtever), then only that specific BMS will work with that specific bike.

If the BMS is self-contained, and doesn't communicate with the rest of teh bike, then any BMS that will handle the battery design and the bike's demands will work.

usually in these cases its just a LOT simpler to ditch the existing controller and mount a universal one like a kelly that doesnt care about a BMS.

Back