FIM E-XBike World Cup

FIM E-XBike World Cup :

"The inaugural FIM E-X Bike World Cup took place in Imola during the MXGP of Italy where contestants from several parts of Europe attempted the Italian MXGP track at ‘Autodromo Enzo and Dino Ferrari’ for the first time with an electric bicycle.

The unique race, which took place at the end of the MX racing day to make the track adapted to electric bicycles, combined together 2 classes of e-bicycles, the premier class EXBGP which saw bikes whose assistance can exceed the can exceed 25 km/h but does not exceed 45 km/h and the second class EXB2 whose assistance can not exceed the 25 km/h.."

SVETEK-EXBIKE-GP-15-ITA-2019.jpg

"EXBGP World Cup Winner Anze Svetek: “It was not as easy as it looked and I had no idea on what to expect today but it was just an amazing day. I had Slovenian fans cheering on me at every corner and it was a fantastic feeling”

68575585_1643679149100955_8582383180500172800_o.jpg

[youtube]PaBix1n43sk[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/PaBix1n43sk

https://www.mxgp.com/motocross/news/first-ever-fim-e-bike-world-cup-kicks-imola

its great to see more ebike racing especially at these large events such as sea otter classic and motocross events, etc.. great promotion for an evolving new sport.. its cool that they had a higher power ebike class, maybe next year they will have an open , unlimited power class.. but then at what point do the pedals come off.. not sure if throttle ebikes were allowed this time?? must have been strange riding a moto track on a bicycle, can't hit most of the jumps or pick many lines due to the ruts.. good for spectators though.. maybe next time they will compete on the enduro cross course :shock: .. no childs game that:) ..

here is the kids version :

HD_1.jpg

"Harley-Davidson used X-Games as platform to build new ridership. The IRONe12 and IRONe16 electric-powered two-wheelers specifically designed for kids aged 3-7 years old and under 75 lbs. to enjoy riding for the first time. This capability was on full display at X Games Minneapolis as 20 riders competed aboard IRONe16 bikes in front of the roaring crowds.."

https://www.dealernews.com/Home/post/more-roads-at-x-games/2019-08-05

That was painful to get through even the first moto I can't imagine how they got over an hour of coverage out of it.

Liked that they thought the Quilbix was a the height of eBike tech....they have been known of here for years. I don't see this format going anywhere more than it did when they tried it with regular mtb's back in the early 90's. BTW, that Q guy seemed to have his assist level set pretty high eh? Or a throttle :twisted:

So I guess it is up to the UCI to put the hurt on them venue wise in order to establish their dominance over the new eBike racing category. I can hardly wait :roll:

Qulbix did have the over drive speed cranks so maybe that provided an advantage.. wonder what were the other bikes in the higher power class??

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Qulbix did have the over drive speed cranks so maybe that provided an advantage.. wonder what were the other bikes in the higher power class??

If they have one in France I hope you can make it!

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
read on phasebook that qulbix had to restrict their bike for the event to meet the race power compliance specs..

Yeah I saw that mentioned also somewhere else but in reality the way that guy was putting the hurt on those EU spec bikes it sure seemed like it had more watts going on :roll:

The racing format I would like to see would be more real world and less pomp and circumstance. Not as good for tv coverage but certainly more fun to enter.

The high power class requires over 250w and 25kph but not more than 45kph, yet with seemingly no upper limit on power. This might have been more fun had they thrown a few hundred amps at the motor and set a speed limit in the controller.

More fun for everyone but the LBS ebikes anyway.

Big climbs/descents plus obstacles would have made for a great race. Basically endurocross.

A Sur-Ron with a better pedal system (for ergonomics, not propulsion) and geared way down could have been fun. Likewise an LMX geared down with the phase amps cranked.
I'm fairly sure single speed setups will rule the roost (ha!) in the high power class.

Back