E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hey Guys, I bought an older bomber that’s about 6 years old and it’s been great. Absolutely love it! I’ve ridden it every day however this morning when I took it out it just wouldn’t go. When I hit the throttle it just bucks and then the the rear wheel spins in reverse for half a split second as if it’s in reverse. It pushes forward for a split second also. It’s had a relatively new battery installed with only 40 cycles.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

Also is it normal for it to make a clicking sound when you’re walking the bike backwards?

Had a look online but couldn’t find anything about this issue. Appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it sorted. Looks like it was a loose connection from one of the hall wires.

Would still like to know if the clicking sound is normal though.

RhombusB52 said:

When I push my bike backwards there's a clicking sound that comes from the VBoxx, which is normal. There's one of the lower gears that's silent, but I forget which one.

Theodore Voltaire said:
RhombusB52 said:

When I push my bike backwards there's a clicking sound that comes from the VBoxx, which is normal. There's one of the lower gears that's silent, but I forget which one.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll test out which gear is silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I raced an Optibike m5, destroyed it. Several eBike owners bragged about how fast their home built eBikes were, but my bike killed them with one hand while eating a cheese sandwich. I raced a couple of Honda Ruckus, it was so ugly they probably killed themselves later. I raced a Honda Grom, which has 10hp, but it didn't have enough grunt off the line to catch me before the next light, haha sucker, better luck next time.

I know you guys are having fun too, outrunning dirt clods and all, and stuff. :roll:

Theodore Voltaire said:
I raced an Optibike m5, destroyed it. Several eBike owners bragged about how fast their home built eBikes were, but my bike killed them with one hand while eating a cheese sandwich. I raced a couple of Honda Ruckus, it was so ugly they probably killed themselves later. I raced a Honda Grom, which has 10hp, but it didn't have enough grunt off the line to catch me before the next light, haha sucker, better luck next time.

I know you guys are having fun too, outrunning dirt clods and all, and stuff. :roll:

TV, AKA Street Racer :flame: :lol: :bigthumb:

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

TV, AKA Street Racer :flame: :lol: :bigthumb:

You forgot, curb jumper.

Emmett said:
Longshot said:
Hey Emmett, thats the USD-8 right? What did you do to it to make it good? Why not make a write up on what you did?

DNM USD-8:

Positives:

0. Low cost.
1. Very low stroke friction. I think their best feature.
2. Full 200mm of travel.
3. Seems strong and good stiffness f/aft and sideways.
4. Increased steering range for low speed technical riding. They use more steering offset in the triple clamps and less in the lower axle lugs.
5. Potential for excellent rough off-road traction and control, ONLY after some fixes ...

For rough off-road riding - problems and solutions:

1. Super slow rebound stack. Can never get good low and high speed rebound setting. Fix = Install new stack.
2. No compression damping. Only has air spring adjustment for compression. So a loss of traction and control. Fix = discard the spring check valve, and add a comp stack.
3. Too much spring preload, even when adjuster is fully backed out. Loss of traction and a top out sensation. Fix = remove spring spacers.
4. Leaking damper seal. Fix = Add some auto transmission "step leak" additive to the damper oil. After about 2 weeks mine was good.
5. Lacks torsional stiffness. Mainly due to bushing slop. Fix = none. Or be careful where you place the front wheel. A good rear shock helps here since you can put more weight on the rear and the bike still behaves.

To disassemble the left spring leg: Just note that the lower gold seal/bush assembly unscrews. Also the spring preload adjuster assembly unscrews off the top end of the spring compression load shaft. Everything else is common sense.

Damper (right) leg) dissembly (enough to change valving):
1. Remove right fork leg from bike. Remove lower plastic guard. Deflate air from lower air res chamber.
2. Undo the fork cap, and slide the upper tube down the whole way to expose the nut on the top of the damper.
3. Clamp lower fork lug in a vice (with soft jaws) and undo the damper cartridge cap.
4. Carefully pull out the damper rod and piston assembly. Eye protection is a good idea in case of oil splash.
5. Take the fork out of the vice and pour out the old oil.
6. Remove nut off the end of the damper valve, to access the shim stacks.

To reassemble the damper, the reverse applies, but the trick is correctly filling the damper with oil and no air. Also extremely cleanliness is essential. Have at hand a can of brake cleaner spray and a compressed air blower gun.

A. Pre-add 55 psi to the lower air res. This is essential or the fork will have too much oil and not enough air, and it'll not compress fully, and it will feel harsh and might even blow a seal on a fast hard compression hit.
B. Position fork leg vertically, then fill the damper with quality 7.5w oil until 15mm from the top. I used Motorex.
C. Ensure clicker adjuster (piston bleed valve) is fully wound out (open or anti-clockwise).
D. Pull damper cap fully down on the shaft so it touches the piston assembly (fully extended position).
E. Slowly insert piston assembly (ideally revalved) into the damper. Be careful with the piston ring-seal. Allow air to bleed up through the bleed ports. Some oil overflow is desirable. Gently pump the piston while keeping it submerged, to allow air bubbles to escape. Then insert and tighten the inner damper cap. For a perfect damper seal, I recommend lot of teflon plumbers tape on the thread instead of trusting the DNM supplied o-ring. About 10ml of oil in the outer chamber will help lube the main bushes.
F. Complete assembly and increase base air pressure up to 100 psi. Up to 130psi for more bottoming resistance. As low as 80 for more easy fork travel. Don't go below 80 else you give up the benefits of oil cavitation control.

For the valving mods, you will need some shims with 8mm ID and 0.1 thickness. It took me about 12 goes to come up with this, which is I think pretty good, and just so much better than stock USD-8 or R1. You'll think you are riding on a magic carpet with this. Firm yet plush, and good response to clicker adjustment:

Comp: 21 2x20 19 13 2x19 18 2x17 15 over the 10mm clamp.
Reb: 19 17 13 17 16 14 over the 12b clamp washer.

When assembling the piston + shim stacks on the shaft, you MUST clean all oil off the nut thread, and use a careful drop of blue loctite. Then torque the nut to just 12Nm.

Some photos. Don't copy the shims laid out in the photo. Use the above.

20141029_214939_zps1899138f.jpg

8bcd2eb6-2591-4250-aafb-c16ce1b35409_zpsb002e087.jpg

20140929_205742_205743_zps99cf1a1d.jpg

20140929_205737__zpsc1cc040e.jpg

20140929_204656_DNM-ReValve-A_zps4a89457e.jpg

Will this also work on a USD-8S? (the write up states it for a USD-8)
I have a heavy battery and am looking for a solution to make the fork plush. Without the battery in my frame, the fork is plush. I've maxxed out preload with no luck.

Hi Guy's,
Just purchased a second hand mk1 Bomber i believe, this came with no battery. Can anyone advise on what spec of battery i should be aiming for?

toad78 said:
Hi Guy's,
Just purchased a second hand mk1 Bomber i believe, this came with no battery. Can anyone advise on what spec of battery i should be aiming for?

72v with 80 amp bms, with 200 amp burst. Stock was 18ah, but I recommend at least 24ah or more.

Fox 40 Elite LSC

Anybody ever tired these forks. I know they're the cheaper verity, 40 Elite model, and not the high end, 40 Factory's, but I'm thinking for curb jumping they'll probably be good enough. I almost ordered a set of DNM USD-8S inverted forks which cost half as much, but after riding my sons b52 I wasn't real impressed with them, and plus it would hard to mount my from fender on an inverted fork.

Fox-40-Elite.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fox-40-Float-Performance-Elite-LSC-Fit4-Fork-27-5-203-20x110-1399-Retail/223609621884?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cowardlyduck said:
Well I didn't plan or expect this, but today I stripped my Fighter right down:
DSC_5578.JPG

I will wait for it to fully pan out before commenting further as to why, but the Frame and Swing-arm are going back to the Stealth factory tomorrow.

Cheers

What happened.?

Cowardlyduck said:
Rix said:
What happened.?
Still waiting on Stealth to fix it up and send back so I'll hold off commenting on the details for now, but it was (yet another) warranty job. :roll:

Cheers

I understand, but you got to give it to Stealth, they stand behind their warranty. None of my other 2 wheeled ebikes come with a warranty longer than 1 year. My Alta's warranty was only last 3 weeks as they went out of business 3 weeks after I got my bike, that said, its still running flawlessly though.

Kepler said:
I'm confused. What company offers warranty repairs on a product that has been modified from factory spec's?

If memory serves me correctly, CD only modified the swingarm when he had stripped the hub motor's axle bolts on his hub motor and went riding. If I am recalling his previous posts correctly, seems like his rear wheel fell off under regen braking :thumb: , and it may have damaged the swing arm mounting forks, which, if I remember correctly may or may not have been reinforced with welding. But the main frame was never modified to my knowledge.

Hey CD, if I am incorrect about the previous events, please chime in.

Yeah, I never significantly modified the frame, specifically so I could maintain the lifetime frame warranty for a situation like this.

So far, Stealth are honouring the warranty and I hope to have it back next week. The swing-arm was welded back up a bit like Rix said, but nothing significant. I only sent it down with the frame so it could be re-powercoated together with the frame which I am paying for separately.

Cheers

Hi Guys
Last bike was a 29ER with a MAC motor and around 2000W, sold post divorce and pre move back to Melb.

So I just picked up a 2013 B52 Bomber with 2500kms on it, done 100kms on it over the last couple of days.

I assume the 2 pot brakes are Magura MT2, pads not available from your regular bike shops as i discovered doing the rounds of my local 6 places! Pads are OK but last bike went through pads every month or so with a daily 30km commute.

I have read about 200 of the 660 pages and I'm thinking I should be looking for a fighter instead.

So.... If anyone has a fighter and wants a bomber....in Melb hit me up

Are these the ticket for a brake upgrade and does the crystalyte controller run NO or NC for the ebrake cutoff?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magura-MT5e-Disc-Brake-for-E-Bikes-and-S-Pedelecs-engineering-from-germany/123209768514?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D59539%26meid%3D3cb03c991a7a41dcb3d16f621d33b42f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D264327135155%26itm%3D123209768514%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Back