10 years here!

jonescg

100 MW
I didn't notice, but I've just clocked up 10 years on Endless Sphere.

Sure come a long way and seen a lot of change.

*raises a beer can* "To the Forum!"

I'll have a beer for all three of you, but rather shoot for a six pack. The Fat Tire is cooling now.

10 years is a crazy amount of time, isn't it? my involvement in ES has outlasted so many other things in my life and opened so many doors and taught me so much.. and i've been able to teach others.. and complete the ebike circle of life.

Our community is unique, in that more of the smart people hang around and continue to enrich the community for longer than i've ever seen anywhere else. Most communities die in a few years from brain drain and mismanagement. But ES has always had sort of a 'hands off' approach with managing the community, and that has worked perfectly. The community sort of balances and perpetuates itself.

I feel sort of like some people on here are like family to me, having seen people's progression in skills and life etc.

the power-assist forum predates endless sphere, there are probably alot of those folks here also, there was a migration from power-assist forum to endless sphere forum way way back.

Been here 11 back in May. By far the best place on the internet that I've ever visited. We should have an ES Day, or maybe have ES found EV Day, so we can have the best holiday on the planet...only EVs allowed on the roads. Imagine how beautiful that would be while we're still in such a minority.

Same, this is my favorite internet community of all time, and i've been on the internet since 1994. My membership and association with 'yall has outlasted a 10 year marriage, many friendships, moves to 4 different states, a few jobs, a few major crisis, etc.

I think of some people on here as being like family. It's kinda crazy.

nicobie said:
Even though the current team is doing just fine, I kind of miss Ypedal. 👍👍

Me too. I learned a lot from him, in regards to how to be a moderator. And he also almost banned me once when i was 10 years less mature.... :lol:

Perhaps the great Led Zepplin song - Ten Years Gone needs to be played..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbO9a1_Z3U
[youtube]kWbO9a1_Z3U[/youtube]

Yeah, it's remarkable to go browsing around on ES and see threads from 10 years ago now.
I spent about close to 1 year spying on ES forum before I joined and made an account to ask for help on building my first eBike which made all the difference in giving me the confidence to pull it off..

Still, this 10-year benchmark reminds me of more cynical things that have happened in my life, we could do the opposite and permanently ban people who have reached 10 years on the ES forum and even firewall their IP so they can't even view the ES website...

I bring that up becomes it reminds me when I hit a benchmark in a long-standing IT job I worked at where instead of any celebrating I was made redundant and because I was in complex IT they even firewalled my home internet IP from reaching any part of the company network just to be extra secure and sure, I couldn't even load the corporate website to see the company that dumped me, that's how paranoid they were.
It's a crazy world, don't forget that.

Back