New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

I have shot short video in which has shown work of trottle (ok), rotation of pedals without effort (the engine twists as much as possible) and normal rotation of pedals with effort (the engine does not turn on, sometimes gives breakthroughs if to weaken effort on pedals) https://yadi.sk/i/MNKzJqOrnvXGjQ
The sensor of torque works on the contrary - turns on the engine as much as possible when it is not necessary, and completely disconnects it when it is the most necessary. How to force it to work normally?

I'm looking for a reliable BB-mountable, torque sensing, 52V compatible motor, and this motor seems to tick those boxes (I was considering the TSDZ2 but the reliability seems not optimal to me).

Is there any evolution regarding the whole flashing/programming side of things ?
I mean, is there any way to flash the motor (hardware and software available ?) to adjust assist level, PAS/torque sensing ratio ?

dodjob said:
I use the lingbei a lot.
They are "flashable" not "programmable". Which means you can get different factory firmware to be flashed.

Can you tell more about it ? How/what do you flash, where do you find those factory firmwares ?

Eyebicycle mentioned compatibility tests with the Eggrider/SW102, any results ?

How is the noise from this motor?
Is it quiet like bbs01 or noisy like tsdz2?

And how is it overall compared to tsdz2 and bbs01 out of the box none tweaked?
I like the torque on tsdz2. But not the noise :(

matte2k said:
How is the noise from this motor?
Is it quiet like bbs01 or noisy like tsdz2?

And how is it overall compared to tsdz2 and bbs01 out of the box none tweaked?
I like the torque on tsdz2. But not the noise :(

no noise at all , its super silent and has a bunch of torque.
the way is programing sucks big balls, someone please get into the adventure to change this!

Soundless sounds nice 😊
In what way does the torque sucks?
Im happy with the tsdz2 standard out of the box config. Is it somewhat similiar to that?

matte2k said:
Soundless sounds nice 😊
In what way does the torque sucks?
Im happy with the tsdz2 standard out of the box config. Is it somewhat similiar to that?

torque does not suck , it has allot !

Hi, Has anyone found an chainring adapter to fit MM28.250? Preferably a 110BCD The TSDZ looks similar BCD but may interfere.
Thanks

JustPedal said:
Hi, Has anyone found an chainring adapter to fit MM28.250? Preferably a 110BCD The TSDZ looks similar BCD but may interfere.
Thanks

I searched for a long-time and created my own adapter from the chainring provided in the kit to match a 39T 130 BCD Shimano chianwheel. Eventually 1/2 hour work afterall, I spent more time searching for that piece...

Since a couple of days I got a Error 4 Hall Sensor issue on my Lingbei mm28.350w with C800 display. As I use the motor for a cargobike, to particular heavy duty biking has been done. Do others have issues yet with the hall sensor? Does it occur on particular circumstances?

Is there a way to reset the controller/computer? I'm a bit affraid to pull the thing off and open it to check the wiring/soldering (and don't want to)

rick.schoenmaker@gmail.com said:
JustPedal said:
Thanks

I searched for a long-time and created my own adapter from the chainring provided in the kit to match a 39T 130 BCD Shimano chianwheel. Eventually 1/2 hour work afterall, I spent more time searching for that piece...

Thanks. I reached the same conclusion. I have ordered a 42 from Aliexpress and have the original 46 so will modify one of them.

Since a couple of days I got a Error 4 Hall Sensor issue on my Lingbei mm28.350w with C800 display. As I use the motor for a cargobike, to particular heavy duty biking has been done. Do others have issues yet with the hall sensor? Does it occur on particular circumstances?

Is there a way to reset the controller/computer? I'm a bit affraid to pull the thing off and open it to check the wiring/soldering (and don't want to)

I've been in contact with OKFeet (supplier) and they send me an new Hall Sensor component to bolt on (no soldering). Very helpfull with video instruction for assembly. I'm wondering if more people have trouble with the Hall Sensor or other sensors. Maybe my issues are due to the Dutch weather.

Hello,

After having read throu' this thread I've dared to order one of these lingbei mm28 kits. The montage on my trekking bike been easy and forward.

Setup: Siga Oxford 28 " @Rohloff Speedhub with 16t sprocket. Mid Motor: Lingbei MM28 36V 500W (v1 or so) with 42t Chain wheel.

Gotta say, this motor is silent and not at all wasteful with power, especially in the eco-modes (1,2). I haven't used the others yet. One feels it working when pedaling. The harder one hits the pedals, the more power one gets. This behaviour is quite prevalent in mode 1, while mode 2 also offers a noticeable boost after a few seconds of working the pedals. One gets the distinct impression of additional power when pedaling harder (vibrations from that big motor spinning up are telling!) whilst riding uphill. I've tested it this way on a few steep roads, and boy, does this thing give a kick!

I have not perceived behaviour like the one described and shown by Metaller. Maybe I've got a different software version? My kit rather behaves like a better programmed tsdz2 while being a whole lot more dependable than these. I've broken the axle as well as the torque sensor of tsdz2 - I like to stand up a lot when riding and the torque sensor of tsdz2 can not deal with that, being the flimsy construction it is. I've ridden about 6000 km with tsdz2 ere it broke yet another time and I lost patience with it.

The Lingbei motor not only gives an impression of sturdiness, it is sturdy. The only drawback are the inbus screws for mounting the chain wheel. These are really an ever so quaint slap in the face in context of the overall great quality of the kit. I've managed to mangle one of these fricken inbus heads - geez! Torx heads would be way better for this! biggest issue in my opinion is the limited variety of chain wheels. There is only 42t available, and, to be honest, this size is too big for my way to ride - I like to spin up the rpms instead of slow pedaling.

And no, I am no affiliate of Lingbei Motors. I just like what I've got with that mid motor.

stay safe and happy riding!

ps: @Metaller - Does the motor behave like that when riding really hard uphill? I mean, if you have the bike on a stand and the rear wheel is spinning freely or with hardly a resistance, wouldn't it be just that the torque sensor doesn't register any torque being applied and thus the motor doesn't kick in as expected? Just a question concerning the testing methodology.

I've been in contact with OKFeet (supplier) and they send me an new Hall Sensor component to bolt on (no soldering). Very helpfull with video instruction for assembly. I'm wondering if more people have trouble with the Hall Sensor or other sensors. Maybe my issues are due to the Dutch weather.

After receiving the Hall-sensor, I opened the motor and delivered a surpise I was afraid of....

At least 50ml of rust water came out. The motor was covered in rust and also elements of the controller. So not only a defect on the hall sensor... After putting it back together I now also get a “Current Error”... The thing is dead I presume

Sadly OKfeet said this is not part of warranty/after sales care. It surely is a manufacturer error on the seals where moisture was able to get in via the ingoing/outgoing wires.

Don’t know what to do now, giving it another chance or seeking an alternative...

After receiving the Hall-sensor, I opened the motor and delivered a surpise I was afraid of....

At least 50ml of rust water came out. The motor was covered in rust and also elements of the controller. So not only a defect on the hall sensor... After putting it back together I now also get a “Current Error”... The thing is dead I presume

Sadly OKfeet said this is not part of warranty/after sales care. It surely is a manufacturer error on the seals where moisture was able to get in via the ingoing/outgoing wires.

Don’t know what to do now, giving it another chance or seeking an alternative...

You should never assume any of these Chinese mid-drives are waterproof. You have to waterproof them
yourself.

Aquakitty said:

You should never assume any of these Chinese mid-drives are waterproof. You have to waterproof them
yourself.

Yes, it was maybe a bit naive by me. I hope they can provide a single motor. I was quite happy about the performance...

distantvoices75 said:
...I have not perceived behaviour like the one described and shown by Metaller. Maybe I've got a different software version? My kit rather behaves like a better programmed tsdz2 while being a whole lot more dependable than these. I've broken the axle as well as the torque sensor of tsdz2 - I like to stand up a lot when riding and the torque sensor of tsdz2 can not deal with that, being the flimsy construction it is. I've ridden about 6000 km with tsdz2 ere it broke yet another time and I lost patience with it.
...ps: @Metaller - Does the motor behave like that when riding really hard uphill? I mean, if you have the bike on a stand and the rear wheel is spinning freely or with hardly a resistance, wouldn't it be just that the torque sensor doesn't register any torque being applied and thus the motor doesn't kick in as expected? Just a question concerning the testing methodology.
My problem was more or less solved by replacement of the central shaft with the torque sensor. the engine works with new shaft of pedals better, though it is not ideal. at big kadans (when quickly you twist pedals, 100-120 rpm) pull-rod goes breakthroughs. Also not quite normally reacts to increase in loading on pedals... more definitely does not react in general, works as the simplest pedal-assist about the motor wheel... well though it has ceased to be disconnected on rises.
Perhaps the engine would also begin to work as it is necessary if the seller about AliExpress has sent to replacement NEW shaft and not obviously removed from other engine, with thread clamper traces in bores, but though it has ceased to be switched off on rises... :confused:

I tested not on simple support, I used on the load stand trainer which can create resistance to rotation of wheel and imitate the movement with different loading. As well as on rises uphill on this trainer there was blackout of pull-rod of the motor at emergence of loading.

Metaller said:
distantvoices75 said:
...I have not perceived behaviour like the one described and shown by Metaller. Maybe I've got a different software version? My kit rather behaves like a better programmed tsdz2 while being a whole lot more dependable than these. I've broken the axle as well as the torque sensor of tsdz2 - I like to stand up a lot when riding and the torque sensor of tsdz2 can not deal with that, being the flimsy construction it is. I've ridden about 6000 km with tsdz2 ere it broke yet another time and I lost patience with it.
...ps: @Metaller - Does the motor behave like that when riding really hard uphill? I mean, if you have the bike on a stand and the rear wheel is spinning freely or with hardly a resistance, wouldn't it be just that the torque sensor doesn't register any torque being applied and thus the motor doesn't kick in as expected? Just a question concerning the testing methodology.
My problem was more or less solved by replacement of the central shaft with the torque sensor. the engine works with new shaft of pedals better, though it is not ideal. at big kadans (when quickly you twist pedals, 100-120 rpm) pull-rod goes breakthroughs. Also not quite normally reacts to increase in loading on pedals... more definitely does not react in general, works as the simplest pedal-assist about the motor wheel... well though it has ceased to be disconnected on rises.
Perhaps the engine would also begin to work as it is necessary if the seller about AliExpress has sent to replacement NEW shaft and not obviously removed from other engine, with thread clamper traces in bores, but though it has ceased to be switched off on rises... :confused:

I tested not on simple support, I used on the load stand trainer which can create resistance to rotation of wheel and imitate the movement with different loading. As well as on rises uphill on this trainer there was blackout of pull-rod of the motor at emergence of loading.

I'm sorry you've had a bad time with it. But I guess that is all part of the DIY especially with a "newer" motor. I am eager to try this one and another one I found on Aliexpress with an external controller. I don't have enough bikes though!

Lingbei motor experience after almost 1 year

Ive made so far 3000km with the Lingbei, is so far bullet proof, no issues with anything. The downside is that is still annoyed with its PAS functions programing, specially with a 500w battery, ive ordered a cable to see if i can change the amps on the pas levels. If i can do this im happy with it, as for the torque sensor maybe in The future ill add something different if possible..

BCD
By the way ppl in this post were mentioning about lack of chain wheels but you can add the ones from bafang they will fit.

Gear sensor:
I have also changed one of the brakes to have a gear sensor , ive add wire from a 5v stepdown converter drom the battery to provide the power.

I've just got my Lingbei working. The only problem is I had to use spacers to move the chainline by 4.5mm further and now is just awful.

So I am looking for the offset chainring and I am slightly confused which of the Bafang ones will work with this motor.

I thought Bafang has 5 bolt 60BCD, so the distance between each pair of holes is ~35mm and the central hole in the chainring has a diameter of 50 mm.

The Lingbei seems to be 5 bolt 76BCD, with the distance between each pair of holes is 44.5 and the central hole in the chainring has a diameter of ~63mm.

Aquakitty said:

yourself.

After direct contact with the Lingbei factory I received today a new motor (fairly quick as it was shipped last friday from China). $100 for the motor and $100 postal it fairly cheap as well (OKfeet asked for $236 without shipment).

An extra connection on the main wire from brakes/display/gashandle to the motor was included (maybe for flashing the firmware?).

Now the biggest challenge is to make it waterproof. Still figuring out the best way (silicon kit at the wiring and plastic cover over the motor at least).

Hi, I have a mm28.500, I have noticed that it only has 85 rpm of pedaling assistance. this is normal?

Back