E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

They were really cheap and and the frame size was correct so I thought I ask Thanks Theodore.

I rode over to White Rock Lake today. It's about 15 miles from my house, but I managed to turn it into a 42 mile round trip.

whit-rock-1.jpg

After riding about 30 miles I decided for the sake of science to investigate the theory that alcohol will make my forks bottom easier. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

Strokers-again.jpg

What this testing seemed to demonstrate is that Strokers beer is less potent then the beer downtown, but neither of them cause fork bottoming.

Fork-gap-measurment.jpg

Crossy said:
They were really cheap and and the frame size was correct so I thought I ask Thanks Theodore.

When you're shopping for forks the size of the steerer tube is one thing. Also it has to be for 110mm hub size, 20mm axle, and a disk brake. And even if it's all that, it still might not accommodate your frame's head length as I just found out.

I read a lot of good things about this one. They say for the money it's a good deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockShox-Boxxer-Team-Coil-200-27-5-Maxle-DH-Black-Charger-DH/173592490589?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Theodore Voltaire said:
I rode over to White Rock Lake today. It's about 15 miles from my house, but I managed to turn it into a 42 mile round trip.

After riding about 30 miles I decided for the sake of science to investigate the theory that alcohol will make my forks bottom easier. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

What this testing seemed to demonstrate is that Strokers beer is less potent then the beer downtown, but neither of them cause fork bottoming.

Thats good to know about the beer not causing the fork to bottom. This data is very useful.

Here is a question nobody in this forum would probably expect anyone to ask but the more I contemplate the thought the more it makes sense.

Ok ... Is it feasible to make a lighter, less expensive, battery pack that still has a moderate speed and uses an old bomber battery pack to canabalise? Only buying what cells are needed and uterlising the existing BMS?

Is it possible or realistic?

WHY???

Because when our old Bomber batteries die we obviously have to replace but I'm in a situation I can either buy one from Stealth or have a custom one made. The first would be fast delivery and to spec the latter would be a long lead time but to my specs to get what I want and to enhance my experience.

So it unrealistic to buy another pack while I wait and I can't wait months to ride.

But if I was able to use my current pack and make it lighter etc I could use it while I wait and could throw some $ into it knowing that I can keep it after I get my custom battery and take it with me as an emergency pack.

Imagine the ability to have a battery issue on the road pull out your emergency pack and you can still make it home. Need to run some tests/diagnostics that could potentially harm the battery switch it out for the spare.

Thoughts?

My father did tell me as a child " It is better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt." (Really praying this isn't the case here.)

Crossy said:
Here is a question nobody in this forum would probably expect anyone to ask but the more I contemplate the thought the more it makes sense.

Ok ... Is it feasible to make a lighter, less expensive, battery pack that still has a moderate speed and uses an old bomber battery pack to canabalise? Only buying what cells are needed and uterlising the existing BMS?

Is it possible or realistic?

WHY???

Because when our old Bomber batteries die we obviously have to replace but I'm in a situation I can either buy one from Stealth or have a custom one made. The first would be fast delivery and to spec the latter would be a long lead time but to my specs to get what I want and to enhance my experience.

So it unrealistic to buy another pack while I wait and I can't wait months to ride.

But if I was able to use my current pack and make it lighter etc I could use it while I wait and could throw some $ into it knowing that I can keep it after I get my custom battery and take it with me as an emergency pack.

Imagine the ability to have a battery issue on the road pull out your emergency pack and you can still make it home. Need to run some tests/diagnostics that could potentially harm the battery switch it out for the spare.

Thoughts?

My father did tell me as a child " It is better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt." (Really praying this isn't the case here.)

It's funny I almost made a post about my battery last night, but I figured I'd already been a big enough know it all for one night, but since you ask lol. My 2 cents is the stock battery isn't worth saving because it's made from heavy, saggy, low capacity LiFePo4 cells. After living with a 18650 pack made from samsung 30Q cells I would never go back. Assuming that to be the case next question is, how much capacity should it be? Before buying a 24ah battery I would have said 35ah or more is best, but for whatever reason I ended up with 24. Since then I've changed my thinking a little bit. Of course I'd like the most capacity possible, but after living with this 24ah which is 5 lbs lighter then stock, and 6 ah bigger, I have to say I love the lighter weight, especially being high up in the frame. I hadn't considered that before buying a new battery, but knowing what I know now I don't think I would want to go more than about 28ah because of this weight issue unless I really needed the extra capacity.

Ok so cells are rubbish but bms, connectors etc could they be used and lets say as hypothetical figure of $500, is it possible to still use stock controller and make a pack that would do 40 kms/ per hour for a distance of 15 kms?

Crossy said:
Ok so cells are rubbish but bms, connectors etc could they be used and lets say as hypothetical figure of $500, is it possible to still use stock controller and make a pack that would do 40 kms/ per hour for a distance of 15 kms?

Nope

Theodore Voltaire said:
Crossy said:
Oh quick question ... is a fighter battery pack and a bomber one interchangable ?

I think they're different voltages

They are different voltages, 58.8v HOC vs 92.4v HOC. the Fighter battery is interchangeable with the Bomber, because it will fit inside the frame, but the Bomber pack will not fit in the Fighter.

Ok I'll buy a secondhand fighter and that will temp solve me battery/bike issue in the short term.

Sweet.

I'm on it.

Hey Crossy,

It looks like you live in Australia, l am in South Australia and have two spare 2015 era B52 packs that are still working fine although have had 1000+ cycles. Happy to give you one if you can organise freight/pick up.

White Knight that is a very kind and generous offer thank you so much!!!

I have managed to secure another pack from the Stealth team at Brisbane for the foreseeable future and possibly may buy a fighter as well.

Again really moved by your kind offer, happy that I was able to resolve it myself. If I can offer my assistance in return please do not hesitate to ask.

No problems, I recently had my bike back at Stealth to upgrade to the new 6.2kw pack and motor set up as per the latest model spec. A mate has done likewise so I have both the spare packs, chargers and rear wheels collecting dust.

Well I did it. I turned one of the knobs on top of my forks 2 clicks counterclockwise. I haven't read the instructions, but it seemed like it softened the ride a little bit. So then I was riding down a bumpy street that's been under construction for about the last 7 years. It's really rough, and I was going about 45 mph, when I hit the mother of all bumps. I looked down to see if the forks bottomed, and then BAM, it's big brother jumped out in front of me, and it must have been mad. It hit so hard I pulled on the bars unevenly which made the whole bike move left and right, but when I looked down again this is all that happened. These forks stiffen up a lot when they get near the end of their travel. I don't think bottoming out is going to be a problem

mother-of-all-bumps.jpg

hello i'm new here :) and i bought a 2015 stealth bomber in 2 hand and my battery is at the end of life can anyone tell me what the voltage and capacity of the bike's original battery so i can buy a new one .

Pipanight said:
hello i'm new here :) and i bought a 2015 stealth bomber in 2 hand and my battery is at the end of life can anyone tell me what the voltage and capacity of the bike's original battery so i can buy a new one .

Original battery was 72v 18ah LiFePo4 chemistry.

Most of us replace our battery's with packs made from 18650 cells. You need a bms capable of 80 amp, and 200 amp burst. For a pack made with 18650 you need at least 20s 8p. Samsung 30Q cells are considered good ones to use.

but i don't know how to build a battery i am watching a lot of videos and i have some knowledge in electricity but not to build a battery but if i have any help from you guys here in the forum to buy the material and get a construction project i might do it :) but i have a 92.4v... 8A charger .... can i use it on the battery i build?

I was thinking of buying something like that because says is for 5000w
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959658624.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.17cf4c82qqnFwN&algo_pvid=c05f1f07-d2a4-4623-aed7-54fc1d50e62f&algo_expid=c05f1f07-d2a4-4623-aed7-54fc1d50e62f-31&btsid=f3ebecc3-aa96-487a-8176-e5208c33b950&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_52

Back