JP spot welder

riba2233 said:
One more gone, now 5 units left, hurry up! :)
Is two enough, or three too many! What’s the closeout price again? <VBG>
Just sold my unused KWeld needing updates and a fix. With the case and parts I’m eating around $100 of air. That left a bad taste. Kinda unclear how the JP is so simple and still serves users well. Or maybe the KWeld has enough upgrades to keep busier builders a step ahead.

Do you have a set of probes/weld tips? Or maybe I can collect commissions on previous sales and get a deeper discount on one of the 5? <wink>

I'm tempted to grab another one as my existing one has been so useful, but the problem is Jakov, you've made it so well it's so reliable, I don't see my existing one breaking anytime soon. :lol:

That being said, the SLA I've been using for the last 4 years was getting pretty tired in my last pack build. I propped it up with some old LiPo, which worked for a time, but eventually killed the LiPo.
I had some old NiMH cells lying around from when I changed over my 04 Prius battery a few years back, so I put them into a 2S2P configuration and paralleled with my SLA.
DSC_5615.JPG
DSC_5617.JPG

This should boost the amps noticeably and extend this old SLA at least another year till I am due to get a new SLA in my car. :)

I also made some new tips out of copper rod as was suggested by others. Using my steel pencil sharpener and drill worked great to get them nice and pointy as you can see above.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
I'm tempted to grab another one as my existing one has been so useful, but the problem is Jakov, you've made it so well it's so reliable, I don't see my existing one breaking anytime soon. :lol:

Cheers

Because they're so budget-priced, and reliable I DID add a backup. I'd rather use it then the KWeld I sold for $50.
If I wasn't so short $$'s at the moment I think I'd have pulled the trigger for a third.

BYqSXt8Z said:
Yup, I bought the last 2 diy kits and I'll upgrade those heatsinks... I'll get amazing duty cycle :D

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Which heatsinks will you use?

Enjoyed reading this form. You all saved me from taking my chances on a used Sunkko 788+ welder.

I'm interested in buying one. Looks like the JP KIT versions may be all gone now. If so I will go for a JP assembled version.
I plan to use lead acid batteries.
Couple questions. (Forgive me if this has already been discussed):
1. Can enough supply batteries be attached to weld copper strip or layered nickel on top of copper strip?
2. Later on could the JB controller be modified to use an AC/DC pulse tig welder as a power supply? The reason I am asking is I saw that video about the guy welding copper strip on Y-tube using a JASIC WSE-200P TIG200P AC/DC TIG/MMA Square Wave Pulse Inverter Welder.

tomjasz said:
BYqSXt8Z said:
Yup, I bought the last 2 diy kits and I'll upgrade those heatsinks... I'll get amazing duty cycle :D

Which heatsinks will you use?
I'll be putting in copper bars where the aluminum bars currently are. Maybe with some slots in there too.

Thank you for kind words guys, the whole idea behind the welder was that is simple, robust and reliable.

cr4west said:
Enjoyed reading this form. You all saved me from taking my chances on a used Sunkko 788+ welder.

I'm interested in buying one. Looks like the JP KIT versions may be all gone now. If so I will go for a JP assembled version.
I plan to use lead acid batteries.
Couple questions. (Forgive me if this has already been discussed):
1. Can enough supply batteries be attached to weld copper strip or layered nickel on top of copper strip?
2. Later on could the JB controller be modified to use an AC/DC pulse tig welder as a power supply? The reason I am asking is I saw that video about the guy welding copper strip on Y-tube using a JASIC WSE-200P TIG200P AC/DC TIG/MMA Square Wave Pulse Inverter Welder.

Hey, thank you for your interest!

1. Yes, you can stack nickel strips without any problems! It can weld copper strips up to 0.1 mm, but it's very stochastic and I strongly don't recommend it.

2. I really don't think so. Maybe with some modification on the logic side.

Buy two get a discount on the third? :wink:

riba2233 said:
Depends what polarity, of 12V logic supply no, it has protection diode (if it doesn't work, just reverse the polarity), but don't mix the polarity from the welding battery. Welder goes to the negative pole. If you have any doubts please ask before trying, thanks! :)
And once I've screwed that up, what do I do?.... Asking for umm.. For a friend [emoji849]

Have a backup welder I will part with. Bought it from Jakov. No probes or footswitch. Just the welder module. Seems there's a chance my pacemaker won't play nice with it. Won't be doing more builds, just keeping original for repairs. AND a friend as the operator.

I would like to get that welder module from ya tom. Just tried using mine and ... nothing. Ive got the red led and a green flicker with the foot switch but nothing.
Anyway, I'm not real familiar corresponding on here . Can you PM me?

douglashart said:
Tom , I need that weld module. Can you PM me?

Sorry, I seem to have missed this...

Back