Safe charging battery on the bike?

Thanks for all your answers, guys. I've gotten my hands on a fireproof box to put the battery in while recharging for the time being and if possible charge while observing.

Stay safe :flame: :bigthumb:

SkipperDK said:
Thanks for all your answers, guys. I've gotten my hands on a fireproof box to put the battery in while recharging for the time being and if possible charge while observing.

Split the charging. Charge some when you get home. Charge the rest in the morning. Sleep in between with no charging.

wturber said:
SkipperDK said:

Split the charging. Charge some when you get home. Charge the rest in the morning. Sleep in between with no charging.

I do exactly this, but for longevity reasons. Batteries hate sitting at high charge, and if the bad weather kicks in it will be sitting for days at high charge, waiting for the next ride. Try to integrate this pattern: use down to 30%, get home, charge to 60-65%, in the morning top it off to 75-80%.

Tommm said:
I do exactly this, but for longevity reasons. Batteries hate sitting at high charge, and if the bad weather kicks in it will be sitting for days at high charge, waiting for the next ride. Try to integrate this pattern: use down to 30%, get home, charge to 60-65%, in the morning top it off to 75-80%.
When my round-trip commute was 32 miles, that is what I'd do - for longevity and safety. Now that it is only 16 miles, I just charge in the morning.

That's a great suggestion and I often do something similar. Charge after riding to a safe storage level <80% then top off right before riding. Many times I don't really know when the next ride is going to be but I also don't want to wait several hours once I get a chance.

Yeah, great suggestion, i'll try and incorporate that as well. Thanks for all the great advice :thumb:

Back