My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Tjeska said:
Stanleybb50 said:
OH and while we're at it, I remember reading about shorter cranks. I'm sure I could find the answer from a search in about 2 minutes, but if someone feels like calling that out as well, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shorter cranks: 150 mm Delta
REF NUMBER: PD11IBT17CA700001541
Miranda bikes
https://mirandabikeparts.com

Let me know what you think of them, if I get my bike its possible I will order a set to.

Cool! Thanks. I'm gonna go with the Q16 150 I believe.

arrowrod said:
I have received my Frey AM1000. Replaced the tires with Schwalbe Moto-x 27.5x2.8. Failed at making them tubeless. The rims have a "slit" (where the rim is joined in a hoop) in the rim that leak. Frey insisted that their rims can't be made tubeless. Put a 53 tooth chainring on. Changed the handlebars and put an extended stem on.
I chug along at 25 mph (in Florida), with a smile on my face.
The battery charger has a fan, which charges in a couple of hours. It says its 2 amps.
I have a 52v battery.
Yellow...

Hi - this is awesome. Can you let me know what stem you got and what the crucial dimensions are, by chance?

Thanks!

Just checking to see how people are liking their Fat1000?

What's the difference between the Fat1000 and FF1? They have different rear suspension. Are they both in production?

FlyingFinn said:
My FAT1000 was shipped on Friday. Anyone have had their bike shipped to Europe? Any estimates?

Had an HT1000 in July, shipping by train is supposed to include duty etc. Mine arrived to my door around 4 weeks with no hassle or duty/VAT. Extreme packaging. WIll take you a while, but good. Maybe got lucky, who knows in the UK at the moment, by train, this first comes into EU in Poland and they have recently slapped a 80% anti-dumping duty on Chinese imported e-bikes, but how it's enforced is difficult to ascertain.

[/quote]
Had an HT1000 in July, shipping by train is supposed to include duty etc. Mine arrived to my door around 4 weeks with no hassle or duty/VAT. Extreme packaging. WIll take you a while, but good. Maybe got lucky, who knows in the UK at the moment, by train, this first comes into EU in Poland and they have recently slapped a 80% anti-dumping duty on Chinese imported e-bikes, but how it's enforced is difficult to ascertain.
[/quote]

The seller has promised me a customs free shipping. Therefore it’s him who pays if something goes wrong. Alibaba has a buyer protection system so therefore I should be covered. Nevertheless I haven’t heard that anyone would have had their bike to be seized and charged with the 80% tax in Poland or in the whole EU.

Hello,

I got a Frey 1000watt with extra battery about 6 months ago.. I rode it a few times and now have no time to ride it. I would like to sell it for it is a great bike and I have under 100 miles on it... If anyone is interested I will take 30% off of what I payed for the bike and ship it anywhere you'd like within the US. Please contact me at BoKhuART@gmail.com. The bike is size large.

Hello, I ordered a Top of the line Frey 1000 watt duel suspension bike. My original reason for buying it was to commute to work. When it came I realized that it was too big of a bike for my to keep in my office. I would like to sell it, please email me if you are interested. It has 20 miles on it.
Bafang Ultra 48V 1000W mid drive system with throttle;
48V 21AH Samsung 35E cells powered big capacity battery;
ROCKSHOX YARI 160mm air suspension fork;
ROCKSHOX DELUXE RL rear suspension;
MAGURA MT5e 4-piston hydraulic brake with power cut function for ebike use;
SHIMANO XT M8000 11 speed group set;
MAXXIS 27.5*2.8" mountain tire.
1 extra battery

Can anyone tell me which thread the 12x148 rear axle has?

I would like to tow a child trailer occasionally, and would buy a other axle for this.

Tjeska said:

I would like to tow a child trailer occasionally, and would buy a other axle for this.

This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch. I used this bolt on instead of the quick release:

https://robertaxleproject.com/product/lightning-bolt-on-axle-rear-12-mm-x-178-mm-x-1-5-thread/

john61ct said:
Hardcore said:
Tjeska said:

This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch. I used this bolt on
"This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers"

True, the question was about the pitch and the same company sells the correct ones for attaching trailers etc.

Hardcore said:
Tjeska said:

This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch. I used this bolt on instead of the quick release:

https://robertaxleproject.com/product/lightning-bolt-on-axle-rear-12-mm-x-178-mm-x-1-5-thread/

Thanks, will order one with 1.5mm pitch.

If anyone is interested, I've found some inexpensive replacements for both 27.5x2.8 tyres and magura brake pads.

Pads: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850037377.html

Tyres (various vendors) https://www.veetireco.com/listings/plus-size-bulldozer/

Pads are just as good as the maguras, tyres seem grippy from new. Runs about half the cost of replacing with OEMs :)

I got 1300k's on the originals with a 50/50 split of urban/trail.

Does anyone has tried to run tubeless with the stock rims?

For the ones that failed, did you use rim tape?

Hi Guys,

Attached a video of the 2020 Frey EX bike. It's a fantastic bike to ride.

[youtube]4Z5mJ-hOn_4[/youtube]

wow now i'm not sure if i should order the AM1000 with a extra 21ah battery or the new Frey EX. What are the differences? Me and 2 friends was ready to order a am1000 each but now i kinda got confused wich one to choose

Back