TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

thineight said:
bwb said:
1. we did arround 52km in total
2. I have 10S5P 36V 17.5Ah battery
3. had +-297 Wh used
4. worst case, the motor delivered arround 620W
5. Standard city bike, have recently installed a 52T front sprocket. I have been riding 6 months standard sw, and now already 647km with 0.19 & 20.

How could you climb a 20% slope with a 52t chainring? :shock:
You must have iron legs :mrgreen: .. or you just used constant 600w? Looks like you miss the right gears to climb that slopes.. and maybe Bosch systems couldn't supply more than legal power, that's why perhaps they couldn't make it to the top.
Did you check the heat of the motor once you reach the top of the hill?

It's not a mountain bike, it is my home/work commuter bike with only a 1 front 52T chainring, but biggest at rear is 32 or 34. Climbing is exceptional for me, the flanders coast is flat as a biljart table.
I don't have iron legs, but iron OSF. Yes, the other bikes were all standard factory off bikes, nothing special done to it.

elfnino said:
Alfa10
The MAX speed (submenu 7.2) not showing correct values. When riding 30km/h the values bounce from 3 to 14km/h

This is now solved! Thank you for letting me know! :) It worked for speeds below 25.5 kph but above that we got integer overflow.

elfnino said:
Also while selecting 7.1 or 7.2 submenu ( average and max speed) the symbols AVG and MAX are not visible on display. Symbols are visible just once the submenu is selected.

Can you confirm this? Will do some testing tomorrow but was notified it worked.

---------------------

To the community: will try to complete everything so that we can release the 0.20.0 Beta 1 tomorrow!

I've been following this and reading for a while and not sure which way to go when l update.
Is the KT LCD3 still viable as a display if not do l go for
850c or SW102 or stick with the VLCD5 with the marcoq version.
I don't want to buy a display and find that it gets bricked when flashing it or have issues with software. I like reliable.

danielson said:
I've been following this and reading for a while and not sure which way to go when l update.
I don't want to buy a display and find that it gets bricked when flashing it or have issues with software. I like reliable.
Your best way to avoid brick or difficult soldering wires and flashing the firmware, currently, is to go with the 850C. You should buy it from the shops listed on the wiki!!

850C and SW102 have common base firmware, the bugs solved for one will also be solved for the other, their development will follow closely between them.

In version 20 Alpha 10 when you’re going down the menu and when I get to, 8: main screen setup, the screen shows all crystals lit or all eights but when I push the center button it goes into the menu just fine and everything works. It’s done this on 2 different handcycles systems.
Thanks so much, I'm excited about 20 beta 1!

casainho said:
danielson said:
Your best way to avoid brick or difficult soldering wires and flashing the firmware, currently, is to go with the 850C. You should buy it from the shops listed on the wiki!!

850C and SW102 have common base firmware, the bugs solved for one will also be solved for the other, their development will follow closely between them.

Thanks, Do you have a link to the shops on the wiki ?

danielson said:
casainho said:
danielson said:

Thanks, Do you have a link to the shops on the wiki ?
Follow the how to install nthe firmware to find it.

buba said:
elfnino said:
Also while selecting 7.1 or 7.2 submenu ( average and max speed) the symbols AVG and MAX are not visible on display. Symbols are visible just once the submenu is selected.

When 7.1 or 7.2 digits are flashing (selecting submenu) the symbols are off. When flashing stops (submenu is already selected) symbols are on.

Big thank for fixing the integer overflow and your overall enthusiastic approach! :thumb:

jeff.page.rides said:
In version 20 Alpha 10 when you’re going down the menu and when I get to, 8: main screen setup, the screen shows all crystals lit or all eights but when I push the center button it goes into the menu just fine and everything works. It’s done this on 2 different handcycles systems.
Thanks so much, I'm excited about 20 beta 1!

Sorry for being "offline" for so long! Time is scarce again!

That is by design. In short: a way to differentiate all the different menus so that it becomes slightly easier to use the configuration menu without the wiki.

I look forward to your feedback! :)

elfnino said:
buba said:
elfnino said:

When 7.1 or 7.2 digits are flashing (selecting submenu) the symbols are off. When flashing stops (submenu is already selected) symbols are on.

Big thank for fixing the integer overflow and your overall enthusiastic approach! :thumb:

The symbols will be off when the submenu number is flashing, same implementation throughout the system.

No problem at all! Thanks for reporting the bug to me, Elfnino! :) Hope you like the changes!

I have submitted another pull request with the latest bug fixes. And I have tried to write a changelog on all changes from the 0.19.0. I have most definitely missed something so if there is anything anyone thinks is worth adding please let me know.

Changelog from the stable 0.19.0:

- Smoother motor torque control
- Overall faster acceleration, much more responsive and more adjustable/customizable
- Named the previous riding mode Power Assist
- Introduced Torque Assist, Cadence Assist and eMBT Assist
- A new automatic calibration process for the cadence sensor
- A new Advanced Mode for the cadence sensor with quicker response times
- A new light mode configuration where users can choose to enable/disable/remember light state through a power cycle
- External light configuration where users can configure the lights to flash, brake-flash when braking and much more!
- Startup without pedal rotation now with adjustable torque threshold
- Improved the KT-LCD3 firmware and updated it to be able to communicate with the new 0.20.0 motor controller firmware
- Added an adjustable button debounce timer for Walk Assist.
- Added a slight button debounce timer for Cruise
- Improved Walk Assist with soft-start
- Improved Walk Assist and Cruise safety
- Cruise much smoother and accurate
- More customizable Street Mode
- Smoother motor control to prolong life of the blue and metal gear
- Brakes now immediately disable the motor
- TSDZ2 coaster brake version can enable system braking by applying backwards torque
- More error codes/states that make the firmware safer to use and protects the hardware
- Higher resolution on the torque sensor output and increased operating range
- Better system calibration during startup
- Adjustable ADC torque conversion for accurate human power in the operating range of the TSDZ2 torque sensor
- Much more accurate data displayed on the KT-LCD3 with a new highly adjustable filter
- Better filtering used in the motor controller firmware
- Improved EEPROM controller
- EEPROM "Reset to defaults" and other functions now operate as intended
- New and improved wheel speed sensor and cadence sensor code
- Improved ADC conversion accuracy for current, voltage and therefore wattage and watt-hour measurements
- Changed and simplified configuration menu (KT-LCD3)
- Added new symbols for readability (KT-LCD3)
- Solved bugs with the TSDZ2 Coaster Brake version
- Backwards motor rotation is now detected and displayed as 0 ERPS
- System changes responsiveness depending on wheel speed
- Extensive refactoring throughout the entire system
- Simplified code for future development and display support, highly modular
- And much more... See the 0.20.0 wiki for even more information!

Wiki:
https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/0.20.0-(DEVELOPMENT)-%7C-KT-LCD3-%7C-TSDZ2-%7C-Manual

Edit:
Casainho, let me know if the Makefile is working okay on Linux. Would love to hear if you get any error codes. Am hoping it is okay but am not sure that is the case.

Help needed: I have installed the OpenSource firmware without problems on my TSDZ2 (0.19.0). But I didn‘t succeed to install the firmware on the 850C using the USB to UART cable method (anybody successful yet?) so I bought the bootloader from Eco Cycles. Arrived today and it worked perfectly well. I could install the firmware (4.0) without problems (after I had switched the RX and TX cables to connect). Software confirmed the installation to be successful.
Before the installation of the firmware on the 850C the display worked fine. But after the firmware was installed the display only goes white when I start it. I already tried to start it with the RX and TX cables reversed but the display still shows antarctica in winter (which is kind of relaxing but still I would prefer it to be working as it should).
Any ideas?

Help needed: I have installed the OpenSource firmware without problems on my TSDZ2 (0.19.0). But I didn‘t succeed to install the firmware on the 850C using the USB to UART cable method (anybody successful yet?) so I bought the bootloader from Eco Cycles. Arrived today and it worked perfectly well. I could install the firmware (4.0) without problems (after I had switched the RX and TX cables to connect). Software confirmed the installation to be successful.
Before the installation of the firmware on the 850C the display worked fine. But after the firmware was installed the display only goes white when I start it. I already tried to start it with the RX and TX cables reversed but the display still shows antarctica in winter (which is kind of relaxing but still I would prefer it to be working as it should).
Any ideas?

h27 said:
Any ideas?
I bet you didn't buy the 850C from the links refered on the wiki. We should have a stable release to solve your issue very soon. The developers already found a solution, they are just finishing the thing. Maybe in 1 or 2 days there will the the new firmware release.

casainho said:
h27 said:
Any ideas?
I bet you didn't buy the 850C from the links refered on the wiki. We should have a stable release to solve your issue very soon. The developers already found a solution, they are just finishing the thing. Maybe in 1 or 2 days there will the the new firmware release.

I would be happy if this was the problem but I bought it from pswpower together with the motor

h27 said:
casainho said:

I would be happy if this was the problem but I bought it from pswpower together with the motor
+1 I bought the display from recommended source pswpower and having the same white-screen issue.. perhaps pswpower changed their stock supplies

Hi everyone,

I am having some chain noise similar to the one when the shifter is not able to change the gears properly, just it comes from the motor area. I hear it when torque is applied to pedals.
I think this is generated because the chain ring has some slack and it moves a bit. I added some small movies to show the problem.
Please let me know if you had this issue.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&start=5750#p1497462

Regards,
Max.

andrea_104kg said:
Nothing news about 20 beta1? :( :(

I hope there will be some news soon! As I said, I have submitted everything and am hoping everything will work!

Edit: I recommend everyone to wait for the official release from the official GitHub page. But if there is anyone that simply can not wait I will include a link to my Google Drive :wink:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CPGT-V1ZX7FCzfhgbrPMYfbYtY4_JH2R

buba said:
andrea_104kg said:

I hope there will be some news soon! As I said, I have submitted everything and am hoping everything will work!

Edit: I recommend everyone to wait for the official release from the official GitHub page. But if there is anyone that simply can not wait I will include a link to my Google Drive :wink:

I am on holidays, out of home, so, I will not be able to do the release up to next Sunday.

casainho said:
buba said:
andrea_104kg said:

I am on holidays, out of home, so, I will not be able to do the release up to next Sunday.

No problem! Enjoy your holiday! :)

I recommend everyone to wait for the official release from the official GitHub page. But if there is anyone that simply can not wait for the 0.20.0 Beta 1 I will include a link to my Google Drive. There might be something of interest there :wink: With more torque compared to the Alpha versions and also some other small improvements!

Hi buba, thanks again for your effors.

I have a tiny question. What do you mean with "More customizable Street Mode"? I have no idea what more could be set as the power and speed :oops:

bingo5 said:
Hi buba, thanks again for your effors.

I have a tiny question. What do you mean with "More customizable Street Mode"? I have no idea what more could be set as the power and speed :oops:

Hello Bingo5! Thank you for the appreciation!

Just a few more options to select in Street Mode. Take a look at the wiki here:

https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/0.20.0-%28DEVELOPMENT%29-%7C-KT-LCD3-%7C-TSDZ2-%7C-Manual#9_Street_Mode

Back