Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

larsb said:
The controller needs connection to B+ (full battery voltage) to the correct wire to turn on. see pic.

or rotate the start key to the start position.

Attachments

• F0F96A84-1AA0-48B0-81E7-0B5181AA751E.png
    F0F96A84-1AA0-48B0-81E7-0B5181AA751E.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 4,592
  • 3B71AF50-1DD5-4ED2-9409-42E06858ECF8.png
    3B71AF50-1DD5-4ED2-9409-42E06858ECF8.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 4,590
Hello, if for someone it is useful, I share my data of my controller, which came from the factory. :bolt:

The motor is 4000W QSmotor
72v 60A battery
and EM-100 controller
Maximum speed 85km / h :!:

BFY-Blackyellow-c.jpg

Lalusonny said:
Please Help Me No Response

i am no expert on serial communication so i can only guess:
Are you sure controller is ON? (Not always remembered)
Is ch340 driver updated and have you tested that it works with other serial communication than the controller?

I have only used PL2303 adapter which is the adapter supplied by QS motor. It’s not that expensive so i’d try an adapter like this if you cannot get the ch340 that you have to work.

Good luck.

larsb said:
Lalusonny said:
Please Help Me No Response

i am no expert on serial communication so i can only guess:
Are you sure controller is ON? (Not always remembered)
Is ch340 driver updated and have you tested that it works with other serial communication than the controller?

I have only used PL2303 adapter which is the adapter supplied by QS motor. It’s not that expensive so i’d try an adapter like this if you cannot get the ch340 that you have to work.

Good luck.

I used a Cp2102 (typical for Arduinos) connect TX and RX respectively, the negative one took it directly from the negative of the controller because the negative of the connector did not work for me ... as the diagram is shown

convertidor_usb-ttl_cp_2102_5_301_banshee.mx_.jpg

larsb said:
You have only used PL2303 adapter which is the adapter supplied by QS motor und Votol EM ****.

Anything other than the recommended (PL2303) and windows 7-10, you will need to solve for yourself by using the well-known trial / error method.

In the standard case, he will definitely find help here

I want some more help.
How the motor responds to the specified parameters for undervoltage(V) 61V and soft 64V

What exactly happens at 61 Volts and at 64 Volts soft

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4,498
borko444 said:
Normally regeneration is connected to the brakes. It is high-level and has a green cable at the 8th output of the plug.
I do not know where it is activated and how it is set up.
do you have no regeneration function? It comes with the brake applied.

These are the settings of my engine. I don't know if the snapshot parameter below is enabled for you

I wonder if it's possible to change the settings so low brake/side stand instead activates regen.
I don't think it needs to be high brake to activate it, i guess the logic can be changed if PB4 is changed from "side_sustain" (side stand?) to "low_brake".

I tried it. doesn't work, can't be sure if it's my controller and program as it is older than yours. I checked the files and wiring diagrams you had gotten - they all connect 12V to brake switch to high_brake/purple wire so i will try this.

My regeneration works with the brake switch. It is connected to pin 8. for me it's green

Attachments

• Unbenannt121.jpg
    Unbenannt121.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4,494
should be possible to get regen to work with low brake - if only the program makers had handled program versions and revisions in a clear way.
Now there are several program variants that have different parts of the code unfunctional. I think playing too much with ports settings might brick the controller.

According to the manual it should work to just select "low brake" for the regen signal but nooooo.. not in my controller - it sets the low brake signal constantly which stops the function.
Capture.JPG

Solution: I gave up on low brake for regen and connected 12V DC-DC to high brake through the rear brake switch, set regen to 100% and tested, instant lock-up of the wheel no matter what speed i was driving. :wink:
Lowered to 20%, will try it tomorrow to see how high the regen current is.

where can i order an em200 or em300 im going nuts trying to get my hands on one also planning to run 24s of nissan leaf cells so far built a bike with an em300 snd its a dam rocket ship id like to get one for my self also there not software locked are thay ?

larsb said:
EM300p controller is available from QS:
image.jpeg
I won't buy one anytime soon, could still be interesting for the higher power people :D
cant find any em300 listed where u get price and how do i order

larsb said:
Solution: I set regen to 100% and tested, instant lock-up of the wheel no matter what speed i was driving. :wink:
Lowered to 20%, will try it tomorrow to see how high the regen current is.

Where in the program is set regen current?

Hi everyone!
Can anyone share a link to download the software to try it? all links in this thread are dead :(

I am considering buying EM-150 along with QS 3000W 138 70H motor.
I there a way to have two different pair of settings, which you could switch between with a press of a button etc?

I would prefer to be able to tune the parameters for a "full power", but then be able to flick a switch and restrict the vehicle to a maximum of 1000W or power and 25kmh (motor wont assist you to go any faster).

This way I could make a fun and powerful vehicle, that could be still legally driven on the bicycle lanes (in Finland) on command.

The alternative being that I hook up an arduino etc between the throttle pedal and controller, and have feedback of the battery current/voltage. Then limit the throttle input so that the power drawn from battery wont exceed 1000W.

There probably are other options, but this what I'v though of as of now.

Back