KT motor controllers -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT motor controllers (0.25kW up to 5kW)

Thanks. Shit now that throws everything off. I like the torque sensing though, with a BB torque sensor and a hub motor, could I achieve the same smoothness of the TSDZ2? Also, would I have to use the BMSBattery torque with this KT controller and firmware, or could I use a better one?
Thanks!

Sorry for all the noob-like questions, before reading through this thread. But honestly, I'm still a bit confused as to which torque-sensor/controller combination works best with this firmware. If you (or anyone) could suggest the best known working combo I'll order it right away. Thanks

(Ps-im not a noob with electronics or ebikes, and won't have any problems flashing the firmware, I already have an STM32 usb adapter, in a box full of modules, usb adapters, hc-0X's etc..)

I've driven with the firmware succesfully and without any firmware related problems now in every four seasons past two years. One thing I'm interested is how could I possibly fine tune my setup so that it would be most efficient and also run as fast as it possibly can. I'm now driving max. 27km/h @630W rear DD motor with OSEC s06s, PAS and Throttle. I'm a 65kg weight driver with 26" x 2,1" MTB tyres and I think my hard tail bike could go faster than that. The max power 630W is only thus theoretical, since I can't tell if the controller settings are optimal. If someone would explain some basic tuning tips or workflows with BluOSEC I'd be more than pleased. :bolt:

I just need to know how to wire up the BB torque sensor. Some have 3 wires, some have 4 and some have 6 wires

Powerhour said:
If you (or anyone) could suggest the best known working combo I'll order it right away. Thanks

see the other thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102400#p1497644
index.php

Valopallo said:
27km/h @630W rear DD motor with OSEC s06s
That is definitely much too much!!! :shock:
Try to adjust the motor specific angle, make sure that the phase current sensor is installed on your pcb.

regards
stancecoke

Thanks for all the help, I just ordered the 68mm T9 BB torque sensor along with the KT 9-Fet controller w/Bluetooth

Powerhour said:
along with the KT 9-Fet controller w/Bluetooth
Be aware that you need a normal BT module for the BlueOSEC App. The BLE Module that comes with the Kunteng is not working with BlueOSEC, see the Wiki pages

regards
stancecoke

Ok no worries. I have an hc-05 somewhere, might have lost it I have an hc-05 for a bms battery bms here as well, but I assume that's going to be the same deal. No worries I'll just order another hc-05
Thanks

stancecoke said:
Powerhour said:
If you (or anyone) could suggest the best known working combo I'll order it right away. Thanks

see the other thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102400#p1497644
index.php

Valopallo said:
27km/h @630W rear DD motor with OSEC s06s
That is definitely much too much!!! :shock:
Try to adjust the motor specific angle, make sure that the phase current sensor is installed on your pcb.

regards
stancecoke

Thanks. Got it tuned! Is there some other fine tuning tips? I have also wondered should the s06s max current 15A be shown at the main screen in BluOsec? This picture is taken when full throttle and tyre in the air. 11Amps

Screenshot_20190924-201312.png

Looking for a small controller compatible with this wonderful firmware. It is for 750w motor, replacing stock controller of Size L113 x W67x H56mm. It must be very close to this size as there is not much more room in the frame. It seems all the KT36 one's are too big or too underpowered. Something that can do 48v at 12a (25a peak) would be stock replacement, so better continuous ampere rating would be preferred. Does anyone have a link to something? So far the best I have found is http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2016-3f-33c0

Valopallo said:
This picture is taken when full throttle and tyre in the air. 11Amps
What kind of motor do you use? For a normal hubmotor, 11 Amps with tyre in the air is still much too much :shock: It should be about 2 Amps maximum. Again: is the current sensor installed on your PCB?
15 Amps can only be reached at low speeds with high load.

regards
stancecoke

The motor is 36V Shengyi Hybrid Brushless DD motor. I don't know why it showed 11amps. Now its back to 1,7amps. I haven't soldered any sensors to the pcb. The controller is S06S from bmsbattery.

Question to the expert of S06S...
I use the S06S "boosted" with the original software and I have already a big issue with a overcharging of the battery during speed regulation with regenerating braking. The BMS has cut the battery charge and the regenerative braking have produce a pic voltage in the system with more than 100 volts instead of the normal 50 volts. It has burned all the fuses on my bike, the S06S motor controller was dead, the 12v and 5v converter were dead, the CA has survive but it has takes 30 minutes to start again :oops:

Is the software developed here able to prevent this over-voltage problem?

Valopallo said:
Now its back to 1,7amps. ... The controller is S06S from bmsbattery.

OK, then everything seems to be OK, the idle current is OK and the S06S has the phasecurrent sensor :thumb:

Snickers said:
Is the software developed here able to prevent this over-voltage problem?
Yes, Xnyle has implemented an overvoltage limit for regen.

regards
stancecoke

Hi everyone,

So I bought a KT 6 mosfets controller to drive my 250w hub motor mounted on an eBike.

With factory parameters (ie no custom firmware) it runs properly. So I flashed a custom firmware but the motor runs very slowly and with a lot of noise, tried many parameters but I got the same issue. Important thing is, the motor runs fine when the wheel is in air, no load.

My setup is : 250w hub motor, 24inch wheel, 36v 10,4Ah battery, and throttle (I'm not using P.A.S).

I attached the parameters.

Any clue on what to modify ?
8xsCGEF.png

Is there anyway to use some kind of physical control switch for changing PAS levels with the android app, without an LCD3 or compatable dashboard connected?
(Maybe with something like android's 'switch access'?)
Thanks

atkforever said:
So I bought a KT 6 mosfets controller

Is it a ZWSR type (no phase current sensor) or a SVPR type (with phase current sensor)?

Powerhour said:
Is there anyway to use some kind of physical control switch for changing PAS levels with the android app, without an LCD3 or compatable dashboard connected?
Not yet, we'll wait for your reports :)

regards
stancecoke

OK, first: you have to set the phase current limit to a much higher value than the battery current limit. e.g. max battery current = 15 amps --> max phase current = 30 amps. I'll add that hint to the wiki.

If this doesn't help, you have to test differerent values for the Motor specific angle. All other parameters have no or just very little influence on the motor commutation.

regards
stancecoke

Anyone seen these controllers before (ZWSRLT series)? (its kt and says its sine and square with automatic changeover). Tested it, it works both with hall connected and without but no change in efficiency or current draw. The main chip they use is different (it only has 1824w4 written on it, no brand) and the pcb board is different (see pictures). It seems like the current open source software wont work on it, since it does not have the connection points for the stm programmer nor does the main chip seem to be stm. They use x4 for the sersored/sensorless mode. The chip that handles the hall sensors seems to be stm brand.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YaRJsrPw2qo9df2z9

Anyone else received one of these? (I bought one from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32233107027.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d81eEfj -12 fet one without bluetooth thinking it would be the sine wave one but received the dual mode). I know ZW means it square wave, I think the SR means sine wave though. There are a few more listed on aliexpress like it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_55

Has anyone used this firmware with a Mac 10T motor, and could they recommend motor settings that will work smoothly?

I'm using a PSWpower 20A sinewave KT controller, and I'd like to get rid of the fork judder at medium speeds and medium PAS levels.

I've found that the three valid forward phase wiring combinations give different levels of noise, which I didn't expect. My understanding was that the three valid forward wiring combinations would work just as well as each other, but this doesn't seem the case.

More info in this thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1500443#p1500400

Never mind I see j-lcd was hoping for this one http://www.king-meter.com/#/product/product-info/62-lcd

Back