Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

ebikeguy123 said:
ebikeguy123 said:
fechter said:
Cheburator said:
Do you mean 3kWh? If yes, the stock Sur-Ron must have 120 km range, which it doesn`t :wink:

Maybe at 15kph bicycle speed.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke. Fiber-grass frame? Like the truck from "Up in Smoke"

Alexander Logie CFO Teznic
Mr. Logie has 30 years of experience in the financial services sector was most recently interim
CFO, acting COO and SVP Business Development at Natura Naturals Inc., a privately held
Licensed Produced of cannabis that was acquired by Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY) in February
in a transaction valued at $82 million in cash and stock. Alex was responsible for developing the
financial model for Natura and for managing their $20 million equity and convertible debt
financings. In addition, Alex managed the completion of Natura’s greenhouse retrofit and the
commissioning, growing and harvesting at the facility. Alex has recently joined the team of charlottesweb.com with a market cap of $1.8 billion.
Alex was a Founding Director, Interim CFO and SVP Business Development at San Diego, CA
based Tsunami VR, Inc., a global leader in virtual and augmented reality collaboration software
Mr. Logie has been a long-term consultant to Faryx Energy Inc., working on their wind, solar,
pipeline and agri-business projects in various parts of the USA.
Mr. Logie was Co-Founder and CFO of Crane Capital Group which was acquired by Bear
Stearns Asset Management in 2007. Additionally, Alex was the founder and CEO of Mercury
Capital, a TSE Venture Exchange listed capital pool corporation acquired by Canada Coal, and
he served as CEO of Hong Kong based Baron Asset Management. After graduating from
Queen’s University’s B.Comm. program, Alex spent 12 years as Executive Vice President of
Citibank Canada where he was the head trader in the Global Debt Derivative group.

FiberGrass van.jpg

ebikeguy123 said:
ebikeguy123 said:
ebikeguy123 said:
fechter said:
Maybe at 15kph bicycle speed.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke. Fiber-grass frame? Like the truck from "Up in Smoke"

Yes... lol. It will come in Rastafarian colors. Bob Marley and Chech and Chongs kids will be our spokes persons.

The Hempire strikes back! May the Hemp Bee with you. The Hempocrisy is over.

Yes this is very real . Darren McKeage VP of Design Motive Industries was an automotive design / engineering firm that ran from 2007 to 2013 doing projects for OEM concept cars and smaller start up EV projects. Keage Concepts found its roots at Motive Industries design firm focussing on ideation, styling, 3D surfacing and photorealistic visualization of vehicles and products. Magnovate Technologies, West Coast Customs, Fusion Motorsports and Zero to 60 Designs. Masters with Distinction in Automotive Design from Coventry University in the UK and Bachelor of Design Degree from the Alberta College of Art and Design. designed many notable vehicles from scratch ranging. Some more notable projects include the Hemp bodied Bio-Composite EV Motive Kestrel, a Tesla supercar for Will.i.am, Bison EV Pickup truck and the GTT for Zero to 60 Designs:

Alexander Logie
Mr. Logie has 30 years of experience in the financial services sector was most recently interim
CFO, acting COO and SVP Business Development at Natura Naturals Inc., a privately held
Licensed Produced of cannabis that was acquired by Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY) in February
in a transaction valued at $82 million in cash and stock. Alex was responsible for developing the
financial model for Natura and for managing their $20 million equity and convertible debt
financings. In addition, Alex managed the completion of Natura’s greenhouse retrofit and the
commissioning, growing and harvesting at the facility. Alex has recently joined the team of charlottesweb.com with a market cap of $1.8 Billion.
Alex was a Founding Director, Interim CFO and SVP Business Development at San Diego, CA
based Tsunami VR, Inc., a global leader in virtual and augmented reality collaboration software
Mr. Logie has been a long-term consultant to Faryx Energy Inc., working on their wind, solar,
pipeline and agri-business projects in various parts of the USA.
Mr. Logie was Co-Founder and CFO of Crane Capital Group which was acquired by Bear
Stearns Asset Management in 2007. Additionally, Alex was the founder and CEO of Mercury
Capital, a TSE Venture Exchange listed capital pool corporation acquired by Canada Coal, and
he served as CEO of Hong Kong based Baron Asset Management. After graduating from
Queen’s University’s B.Comm. program, Alex spent 12 years as Executive Vice President of
Citibank Canada where he was the head trader in the Global Debt Derivative group.

FiberGrass van.jpg

ebikeguy123 said:
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpgsur-ron-electric-motor.jpgDOPE GTe XXX

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame.. seat etc. Motor moved back the the pivot point to make more room for larger battery. High C 3kWh battery. ASI 8000 with different user modes available on a menu via Android phone used as display. Being designed by www.darrenmckeage.com

Darren was part of designing will.i.am Tesla roadster

35 min rapid charger. 180 Km range. 130 kph top speed. https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrake-cnc-variable-regen-ebike-brake-lever-caliper-disk-one-off-betas?variant=37997382536. M820 Saint brakes. Ceramic bearings. Castle lock nuts.

Shipping spring 2020

$6900 USD estimated retail. $250 refundable deposit to order.
This is nothing more than a drawing. The definition of vaporware. It'll be 50 years before they perfect the physics that allow the motor and lower half of the shock and linkage to occupy the same space. Even if the drawing was better thought out no one wants motor weight on their suspension. If the frame had a longer reach for better fit and handling it would make room for a bigger battery. With the right designer and test rider Sur-ron could so easily make a big brother to the Light Bee with better geo, more range, better suspension, tires, and brakes at 120lbs and $5,500.

Lelandjt said:
ebikeguy123 said:

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame.. seat etc. Motor moved back the the pivot point to make more room for larger battery. High C 3kWh battery. ASI 8000 with different user modes available on a menu via Android phone used as display. Being designed by www.darrenmckeage.com

35 min rapid charger. 180 Km range. 130 kph top speed. https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrake-cnc-variable-regen-ebike-brake-lever-caliper-disk-one-off-betas?variant=37997382536. M820 Saint brakes. Ceramic bearings. Castle lock nuts.

Shipping spring 2020

This is nothing more than a drawing. The definition of vaporware. It'll be 50 years before they perfect the physics that allow the motor and lower half of the shock and linkage to occupy the same space. Even if the drawing was better thought out no one wants motor weight on their suspension. If the frame had a longer reach for better fit and handling it would make room for a bigger battery. With the right designer and test rider Sur-ron could so easily make a big brother to the Light Bee with better geo, more range, better suspension, tires, and brakes at 120lbs and $5,500.

Attachments

• 10524198_866704043349115_3358458773660285754_o.jpg
    10524198_866704043349115_3358458773660285754_o.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 2,305
  • pasted image 0.png
    pasted image 0.png
    178 KB · Views: 2,305
ebikeguy123 said:
Lelandjt said:
ebikeguy123 said:

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Shipping spring 2020

Thank you for your feedback and opinion. Yes its just a drawing and has a long way to go. But the pics her now show that 50 years can go by in a blink. lol. it adds no unsprung weight.

ebikeguy123 said:
ebikeguy123 said:
Lelandjt said:
ebikeguy123 said:

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Shipping spring 2020

Yes its just a drawing and has a long way to go. But the pics her now show that 50 years can go by in a blink. lol. it adds no unsprung weight.

Nathan Armstrong is the lead product development... https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanarmstrong1/?originalSubdomain=ca
nathan and Darren etc seem to have a track record of delivering many many many times.

Why are they saying "Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame" are they not going to use the standard sur ron aluminum frame?

ebikeguy123 said:
ebikeguy123 said:
Lelandjt said:
ebikeguy123 said:

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Shipping spring 2020

Thank you for your feedback and opinion. Yes its just a drawing and has a long way to go. But the pics her now show that 50 years can go by in a blink. lol. it adds no unsprung weight.
That's because those pictures are an entirely different bike that doesn't have a linkage occupying the same space as a motor, nor a motor mounted on the swingarm.
Edit: Actually those are photos of two different bikes, both different than the digital "photo" I commented on. If you wanna make some money focus on developement and release nothing until your bike is ready to ship. Make it like a Sur-ron except with better geo, suspension, brakes, and front wheel.

Lelandjt said:
Make it like a Sur-ron except with better geo, suspension, brakes, and front wheel.

And to me, most importantly, room for a proper rear tire.

Lelandjt said:
That's because those pictures are an entirely different bike that doesn't have a linkage occupying the same space as a motor, nor a motor mounted on the swingarm.
Edit: Actually those are photos of two different bikes, both different than the digital "photo" I commented on. If you wanna make some money focus on developement and release nothing until your bike is ready to ship. Make it like a Sur-ron except with better geo, suspension, brakes, and front wheel.

the hemp fiber surron design pictured above does have a concentric motor / swingarm pivot .. and the motor is mounted to the mainframe, not the swingarm.. it uses the storm bee motor and gearbox reduction with the output sprocket concentric with the swingarm pivot (look closely;) .. that's why the other two bikes are pictured, for example and comparison..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
the hemp fiber surron design pictured above does have a concentric motor / swingarm pivot .. and the motor is mounted to the mainframe, not the swingarm.. it uses the storm bee motor and gearbox reduction with the output sprocket concentric with the swingarm pivot (look closely;) .. that's why the other two bikes are pictured, for example and comparison..

From what i can see the output sprocket is not in the swingarm pivot (look at the chainline) so the entire drive unit (motor + gearbox) is for sure mounted to the swingarm and not to the mainframe.
But even if it adds a bit to unsprung mass it will not effect supsension that much since the mass is mostly placed around the pivot point where it's inertia is quite low.

I agree about the chain line, but the motor is definitely mounted to the mainframe and concentric with the pivot, while the reduction extends rearward to the chain line, afaict .. would like to see the swing removed, bit harder to discern some details without seeing the other side etc?? either way the design elements are not outside the realm of possibility.. ok had another closer look myself;) motor is concentric to the pivot, reduction in mounted to swingarm. motor mounted from and at the pivot actually rotates, moves with suspension movement.. so motor weight, mass is located on the frame yet pivots with the suspension.. very interesting:) :flame:

Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg
I agree about the chain line, but the motor is definitely mounted to the mainframe and concentric with the pivot, while the reduction extends rearward to the chain line, afaict .. would like to see the swing removed, bit harder to discern some details without seeing the other side etc?? either way the design elements are not outside the realm of possibility.. ok had another closer look myself;) motor is concentric to the pivot, reduction in mounted to swingarm. motor mounted from and at the pivot actually rotates, moves with suspension movement.. so motor weight, mass is located on the frame yet pivots with the suspension.. very interesting:) :flame:

The final product will look like a combo of the GT Fury carbon and the Sur Ron.

Attachments

• p5pb7600480.jpg
    p5pb7600480.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 2,005
ebikeguy123 said:
Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg

Thank you for your comments. 3D rendering underway with a prototype over the next 60 days

3DTOPO said:
Lelandjt said:
Make it like a Sur-ron except with better geo, suspension, brakes, and front wheel.

And to me, most importantly, room for a proper rear tire.

Yes. I agree. Will be similar to this.

Attachments

• sur_ron-dirt-bike_article.jpg
    sur_ron-dirt-bike_article.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,002
  • sur-ron-light-bee-custom-frame.2jpg.jpg
    sur-ron-light-bee-custom-frame.2jpg.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 2,002
Offroader said:
Why are they saying "Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame" are they not going to use the standard sur ron aluminum frame?

Hemp is less expensive, lighter and cradle to cradle better fort he environment.

My fear would be how to fix something if it broke. If I crack my Sur-Ron frame or swingarm I can fix it.
I have no idea how I would fix hemp. Smoke it and say goodbye? :flame: :)

:lol: :lol:
crazy_dave said:
My fear would be how to fix something if it broke. If I crack my Sur-Ron frame or swingarm I can fix it.
I have no idea how I would fix hemp. Smoke it and say goodbye? :flame: :)

since its made from stem fibers and not flowers that would just give you a headache to burn;) don't ask me how I know).. good news is, as a raw material hemp is cheap and with many other possible industrial uses and products beyond frames.. did you know that henry ford used hemp in early production..

A quick search shows hemp is not that great of a fiber for strength. Flax is quite a bit better. Fiberglass is more than 3x stronger.

The BS alarm is going off....

Fiber strengths.JPG

fechter said:
A quick search shows hemp is not that great of a fiber for strength. Flax is quite a bit better. Fiberglass is more than 3x stronger.

And CF at 4127 MPa is about 4.5x stronger using the most optimistic hemp MPa on your chart, and it's 7.5x using the lower value. The hemp angle seems more like a marketing gimmick than anything.

3DTOPO said:
fechter said:

And CF at 4127 MPa is about 4.5x stronger using the most optimistic hemp MPa on your chart, and it's 7.5x using the lower value. The hemp angle seems more like a marketing gimmick than anything.

Moving the motor back to make more room for battery for more power and greater range is the goal... hemp is to reduce price and cradle to cradle better for environment. Carbon credits and many other incentives greatly reduce the final price. The magic is in the weave and resins as well as some metal in headtube as well as pivot point. stronger material to take the high-load points.

2 be.e or not 2 bee's.. thats the question

Already exists.. hemp Be.e electric scooter

we take the bullshit and use it as fertilizer to grow the hemp.

www.vaneko.com

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,820
It appears that you are getting the required strength by adding bulk (legitimate strategy), do you think that will work with the much more contact chassis required on a dirt bike? That scooter is anything but svelte.

Personally I like composites, they are easier to repair than aluminum provided you are willing to add a little weight and the resins are compatible.

Back