Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Hi!
Would someone have the original .hex file for a KT LCD3?
As it looks easy to modify program the tsdz2 with this program, I'd like to have all the original functionalities of the LCD (odometer etc.)...
Thanks in advance!

Diva said:
Hi!
Would someone have the original .hex file for a KT LCD3?
As it looks easy to modify program the tsdz2 with this program, I'd like to have all the original functionalities of the LCD (odometer etc.)...
Thanks in advance!

There was no way to retreive the original KT-LCD3 software i believe (it's protected)
second: it's maybe better to ask this in another topic; this topic is about the original screen :roll:

danielson said:
Thanks.
I set Street mode to 500w and Max speed of 45kph and l couldn't seem to tell the difference between E03 and E04 in level 1. Heat also seemed about the same getting to around 63°C on my 8km ride home from work using speed and turbo modes. I'm running a small stand alone temperature gauge with the probe inside the case between the motor and controller.

Does EMTB mode need to be disabled (E01 in level 3) for other modes to work correctly ?

Then you won't notice a lot of difference.

i've set street mode to 250watt and 25 kmph (official rule in the Netherlands)
when i power by bike. it's legal.

if i switch to e4...and i'm Neil Armstrong :shock:
i can do 40kmph without assistanse so, so it's pretty difficult to proove i have a speed bike

Possibly dangerous in the wrong situation.
I was on my way home from work tonight it was dark and the road was wet - no traffic. My headlight has its own battery and I didn't have the backlight enabled on the VLCD5 as I find it to bright and it makes it difficult to see the road . As I passed under a streetlight and crossed the bridge going over the highway I noticed the speed on my dash was 24.8 which was odd as it felt like I was going faster than that and again as I passed under a light on the other side I noticed the speed was the same. I exited the roundabout and went down a fairly long steep hill without peddling and it wasn't until I got to the flat section and the uphill on the other side and still wasn't pedaling that I realised that the motor was in a fixed power state - I don't have a throttle connected so it was not that. I changed down a few gears and could hear the motor revs increase as the motor assisted me up the hill on the other side, I tried decreasing the power with the buttons but nothing changed and also tried pulling my brake in which has a switch and usually deactivates the motor however nothing changed.
Fortunately I was able to reach down to the switch on the battery and turn the power off. I then turned everything back on and road the next 4 kilometers home without an issue.
Thoughts on what caused this ???
Dan

danielson said:
Possibly dangerous in the wrong situation.
Thoughts on what caused this ???
This is a known issue with older versions of Marcoq's software. Marcoq had solved this with the latest version. 3.7- M.0.19C
Are you sure you have flashed this version ?

Please read back and you find more about this problem.

I'm using the V19 and 3.7. I tried to duplicate it this morning with no success. The only other thing I recall doing was toggling the light switch on and then off in turbo mode prior to this happening. It was not a bad situation for me but if the battery did not have a switch within easy reach I would not have known what to do.

danielson said:
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. ........
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug.
So, if you want to prevent the same problem, check thoroughly if you have the "C" version of the firmware.
The java-configurator v3.7 is the same for all.

Pretty sure l used the firmware from the github that stancoke had a link to page 14 l think. I'm away for a few days so will check when l return and update of required.

danielson said:
Pretty sure l used the firmware from the github that stancoke had a link to page 14 l think. I'm away for a few days so will check when l return and update of required.
The github version of stancecoke is indeed the 19C version too. Inside the files, the date is: 31/7/2019

I had that issue this afternoon. Going Manhattan uphill 18mph, I stopped pedaling because I was to close the bike in front of me. But the motor kept pushing 18mph so I reduced the assist level but no changes. I turned off the motor from the display and that was it. Thank god I just read you post before I took the bike.
I was riding in turbo. I don’t have lights but not sure if the display backlight was on. I don’t have brake sensors.

Version 19c installed three weeks ago. 90 miles of use before today. Pretty scary because I bike with my daughter.

danielson said:
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. I tried to duplicate it this morning with no success. The only other thing I recall doing was toggling the light switch on and then off in turbo mode prior to this happening. It was not a bad situation for me but if the battery did not have a switch within easy reach I would not have known what to do.

I was in turbo too! Usually I ride in level 2 or 3 but for that hill I put turbo

Just forked the repository and added my changes. Also added a pull request to stancokes repository. Feel free to give it a try.
Features are
Changes from battery current to motor current as the main control loop.
Range of the torque sensor is set to a maximum. Old firmware only supported 32 ADC steps. Don't know where the ADC is in idle but if it is in the middle (128) then there are 127 steps to 255 instead of only 32.so you should feel a steady increase in output power when you add more power.
Errors are now also.shown after a mode change. Also overtemperature error E06 will start to blink when the temperature power reduction has started and become solid when the max temperature is reached.

Ackmaniac said:
Just forked the repository and added my changes. ..........
Thank you for this contribution. Looking forward to it.
I presume it must be flashed with STM or is it possible to use Marcoq's java configurator too?

Elinx said:
Ackmaniac said:
I presume it must be flashed with STM or is it possible to use Marcoq's java configurator too?

Sorry, please link.

Atrihalov said:
Sorry, please link.

see here:
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

Ackmaniac said:
Also added a pull request to stancokes repository

Sorry, but I don't want to do any work on this project, please contact marcoq to update his repo directly.

regards
stancecoke

Elinx said:
Ackmaniac said:

You can use Marcos editor.

stancecoke said:
Atrihalov said:
Sorry, please link.

see here:
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

Ackmaniac said:
Also added a pull request to stancokes repository

Sorry, but I don't want to do any work on this project, please contact marcoq to update his repo directly.

regards
stancecoke

Does somebody know him and can tell time about the changes so take a look at. He provides his changes via Zip files which makes it not possible to create pull requests for it.
But if anybody is interested they can have a look my repository and give it a try.

Intanto ringrazio Achmaniac per il suo contributo,
sarei interessato a testare le tue modifiche.
Dove posso scaricare il file?
E' possibile utilizzare il configuratore Java di marcop con le tue modifiche?
Potresti spiegare come fare per aggiornare?
Grazie mille

chri27.5 said:
Intanto ringrazio Achmaniac per il suo contributo,......
chri27.5 said:
google>>
Meanwhile, I thank Achmaniac for his contribution,
I would be interested in testing your changes.
Where can I download the file?
Is it possible to use the Java configurator of marcop with your modifications?
Could you explain how to update?
thanks a lot
You can download the file here.
The java configurator from Marcoq is inside the zip file

google>>
Puoi scaricare il file qui.
Il configuratore java di Marcoq si trova nel file zip

chri27.5 said:
è sufficiente aprire il configuratore ...
chri27.5 said:
google>>.....
is it enough to open the configurator and to flex?
Is it enough to open the configurator and program?
Flashing is exactly the same as you must do with the original one of Marcoq
If you have already an "ini" file for version 19C, you can copy or change these settings here too.
Ackmaniac has just changed a small part (4 files) of it, so I don't think you will see differences with the configurator.

google>>
Il lampeggiamento è esattamente lo stesso di quello che devi fare con quello originale di Marcoq
Se hai già un file "ini" per la versione 19C, puoi copiare o modificare anche queste impostazioni qui.
Ackmaniac ha appena cambiato una piccola parte (4 file), quindi non penso che vedrai differenze con il configuratore.

Only difference in the configurator is that the values "PWM Duty Cylce Ramp up" and "PWM Duty Cylce Ramp Dw" now also control the motor current.
So before they controlled a range of 17 battery amps and now they control 30 motor amps. So if you think it reacts to slow you can decrease the values to make it faster.

BTW, in the version of marco there is a bug. If you set the value for up too small the motor will ramp up to max power in a fraction of a second. I fixed that bug as well. So please don't even give it a try because i guess that even the protection algorithms won't save you from damaging the controller. Think below 0.6 you get issues. So please don't try.

Back