Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

this carbon enduro electric motorcycle build was awesome : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35679

and the "Unit Skycraft" carbon FMX motorcycle..

119608UnitWeb0S_00000069388.jpg

would be cool to see some tricked out (hemp) fiber surrons.. :twisted:

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
this carbon enduro electric motorcycle build was awesome : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35679

NIOCE!

Yeah.. hemp is a just a little more friendly to the environment.

ebikeguy123 said:

NIOCE!

Yeah.. hemp is a just a little more friendly to the environment.

Does it use hemp epoxy too?

Carbon fibers can be created from captured or sequestered carbon. If they both use similar epoxy, seems like both could be pretty similar, except, it seems you would need more material for a hemp which could actually make it less environmentally friendly...

Grantmac said:
It appears that you are getting the required strength by adding bulk (legitimate strategy), do you think that will work with the much more contact chassis required on a dirt bike? That scooter is anything but svelte.

Personally I like composites, they are easier to repair than aluminum provided you are willing to add a little weight and the resins are compatible.

We believe we can.. here is some of our teams past projects they have contributed to.

Tesla Roadster
Tesla custom supercar for Will.i.am
Volvo 3CC Electric Vehicle Concept
Lotus
Bentley
Honda and Indian Prototype Motorcycles
Solo 3 wheeled motorcycle
Harley Davidson
Chip Foose Hemisfear Body and Chassis
Kestrel Bio-composite Hemp EV Vehicle Design and Engineering
Cadillac Evoq Concept
Dodge Challenger Concept
Dodge Viper GTS Concept
Smart Car US Spec Development
Mitsubishi Sport Truck Concept
Saleen S7 Production Interior
Volvo S60 Factory Racecar Program
Nissan Ellure Concept Interior
Karakoram Motors SUV
Epic Torq
ZAP Alias production design program
Hybrid Aircraft Vehicles Gen II vehicle design
Myers Motors Duo production design program
Mercedes G Class prototype
Aptera Typ-1 and 2e production body and interior
USPS LLV Electrification Conversion Design
SKA Radio Telescope Concept Design
Foretravel IH-45 production design and tooling
BAIC 800 Coupe and SUV Concepts
Kia Soulster Concept
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Concept
Honda Ridgeline Concept
Acura RDX Concept
Honda VTX Concepts
Chrysler EXS2 Concepts
GM Precept Concept
MG X80 Production Body Program
Redline Snowmobile Body Production Program
T3 Motion Production Electric Vehicle
Dodge Rampage Concept
Dodge Hornet Concept
Chrysler Akino Concept Interior
Honda Sports Car Concept
Audi interior components
Mazda MP3 Factory Bodykit
Bombardier Las Vegas Monorail
MG X80 Production Body Program
Redline Snowmobile Body
Chrysler Citadel Concept
Jeep Commander Concept
Dodge Charger Concept
Dodge Power Wagon Concept
Chevy SSR Concept
Panoz LMP Race Car concept
Ski-Doo JetSki Production Hulls
International Space Station Propulsion Module
Delta Series Rockets Fuel lines and Gimbals
Nuclear physicist that invented the inverter DC to AC that has created our 30 min on board charger with 80% regen with V2G.
Uses 2 regular wall plugs to provide amps required.
Microchip designs

most any fiber composites would be better than aluminum, which uses huge amounts of energy to process..

Yep. Can be sexy and perform as well. Entire body of Lotus made of hemp.

Attachments

• hempcar1.jpeg
    hempcar1.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,529

Attachments

• Ford-Hemp-Car.jpg
    Ford-Hemp-Car.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,526
  • kestrel.jpg
    kestrel.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,526
Hemp 10x stronger than steel? Sorry, but that's just not true.

Hemp might flex 10 times as much steel before breaking, but that doesn't make it 10x times stronger than steel. Big difference, and one wants a frame nearly as stiff as possible.

3DTOPO said:
Hemp 10x stronger than steel? Sorry, but that's just not true.

Hemp might flex 10 times as much steel before breaking, but that doesn't make it 10x times stronger than steel. Big difference, and one wants a frame nearly as stiff as possible.

Yes.. i agree that that statement is a bit much... but The three-door hatchback weighs just 2,500 pounds. A Ford Fusion, which is about the same size, weighs 1,200 pounds more than the Kestrel. This increases fuel efficiency by 25 to 30 percent over traditional designs. Unlike metals, hemp does not need high heat or toxic chemicals to process or shape. https://www.cbdbusinesssnetwork.com/2018/11/18/hemp-canadian-car/

ebikeguy123 said:
Yes.. i agree that that statement is a bit much...

Then why perpetuate false information?

ebikeguy123 said:
but The three-door hatchback weighs just 2,500 pounds. A Ford Fusion, which is about the same size, weighs 1,200 pounds more than the Kestrel. This increases fuel efficiency by 25 to 30 percent over traditional designs. Unlike metals, hemp does not need high heat or toxic chemicals to process or shape. https://www.cbdbusinesssnetwork.com/2018/11/18/hemp-canadian-car/

I think it could be useful for panels and such, but I just don't see it being anywhere in the same neighborhood as CF for something like a frame.

3DTOPO said:
ebikeguy123 said:

ebikeguy123 said:
but The three-door hatchback weighs just 2,500 pounds. A Ford Fusion, which is about the same size, weighs 1,200 pounds more than the Kestrel. This increases fuel efficiency by 25 to 30 percent over traditional designs. Unlike metals, hemp does not need high heat or toxic chemicals to process or shape. https://www.cbdbusinesssnetwork.com/2018/11/18/hemp-canadian-car/

I think it could be useful for panels and such, but I just don't see it being anywhere in the same neighborhood as CF for something like a frame.

ok.. im just a simple man asking a simple question to a group of engineers.... can i have a sur ron with a hemp frame and battery that costs less and outperforms a gas bike.. they said yes.... so they are doing it. have u looked at the Lotus or the Ford or the Kestral? They made it into limited production. At the time the material and the electric drive train was not available ... but now that Tesla has proved there is a market.. things are hempinin. Im hemping my ride. I like clean air and water ... how bout u?
Also playing with a high efficiency ceramic mutifuel ICE motor with highdrogen using pulsing AC. tailpipe emits distilled water and oxygen. So a tribrid of sorts. Or if you use hempoline.. a Highbrid. Your glass half empty or half full? :roll: :wink:

Monty Python- Argument https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ

Whats eating u? If you have a beef... take kit up with the beef. https://youtu.be/bAF35dekiAY

Thanks for all the fish.

ebikeguy123 said:
ok.. have u looked at the Lotus or the Ford or the Kestral? They made it into limited production. At the time the material and the electric drive train was not available ... but now that Tesla has proved there is a market..

Looks like the Kestral and the Lotus uses hemp for the panels, which I said I thought could make sense. What car has a hemp composite frame?

3DTOPO said:
ebikeguy123 said:
ok.. have u looked at the Lotus or the Ford or the Kestral? They made it into limited production. At the time the material and the electric drive train was not available ... but now that Tesla has proved there is a market..

Looks like the Kestral and the Lotus uses hemp for the panels, which I said I thought could make sense. What car has a hemp composite frame?

They are monocoque. point is its less expensive and lighter.. better for environment.

3DTOPO said:
ebikeguy123 said:

ebikeguy123 said:

The front triangle will have the appearance of a frame but is actually one boxed in piece with hole in the top for the battery removal. The lid for the battery once closed is structural. Exoskeleton of sorts. The head tube and other stress areas will use aluminum. The motor and reduction gear box are also structural ... used as part of the frame. . The battery case even though removable will be structural as well.

Hello everyone, I want to share my improvements, after half a year, I looked for all the minuses, and corrected everything if possible) I’ll attach a photo, designed the engine protection, which was supposed to withstand any loads during the skiing, for half a year it still lives perfectly, and not it takes the form of an engine like a factory made of aluminum :lol: ) then made a brace for the steps, because they did not inspire confidence in me, and the brace adds a lot of rigidity, since I ride professionally, after installing a 58 star with a chain, I noticed that the chain was loose is Busy and begins to hang the pendulum, to eliminate this did pacifier with poleuretanovoy plate, changed the entire suspension, yet all)
:D :D :D

Hello everyone, I want to share my improvements, after half a year, I looked for all the minuses, and corrected everything if possible) I’ll attach a photo, designed the engine protection, which was supposed to withstand any loads during the skiing, for half a year it still lives perfectly, and not it takes the form of an engine like a factory made of aluminum :lol: ) then made a brace for the steps, because they did not inspire confidence in me, and the brace adds a lot of rigidity, since I ride professionally, after installing a 58 star with a chain, I noticed that the chain was loose is Busy and begins to hang the pendulum, to eliminate this did pacifier with poleuretanovoy plate, changed the entire suspension, yet all)
:D :D :D
[/quote]
f0175c05eeea.jpg
219ed57c9bd2.jpg
0b1892abd5d2.jpg
80919b5d45b2.jpg
cb4adcbacdf0.jpg
https://d.radikal.ru/d10/1910
/8b/c96961992548.jpg

my instagramm JZTIK2500
there I post the video how to torment Surron

Genchichik said:
Hello everyone, I want to share my improvements
Nice!
Have you made the engine protection just for yourself or planning to make some more for sell?
What stem model is this?

A friction held bike stem on a heavy machine like this is a terrible idea. Only direct mount should be used. If you need rise, get a higher rise bar, not a long gooseneck stem like a $100 bike.

Tommm said:
A friction held bike stem on a heavy machine like this is a terrible idea. Only direct mount should be used. If you need rise, get a higher rise bar, not a long gooseneck stem like a $100 bike.

I find the friction stems have held up 100% of the time on my Sur-Ron. I don't even tighten down on it that much and it never moves.

Plus if you drop the bike, the handlebars may move a little, while if you had a direct mount you could potentially snap the mount.

If you were hard core racing where if you drop the bike, you need to pick it back up and get riding again, then you may want a direct mount so you don't waste time readjusting. Since piratically nobody is racing here who cares?

Help please. I ride my sur Ron really hard and I'm having issues with tube slipping and tearing the tube where the valve stem meets the rim. Like every 3rd ride.

What can I do to try prevent this?

Can anyone give me a check list. I'll try them all.

I couldn't find a rim lock that will work on the sur Ron.

Next I should try? Higher psi? Talcum powder? Leaving the locking nut off completely as well as cap? Or maybe I'm installing the tube badly. Im using kendra tuff tubes and m404 tires

Jasonjm said:
Help please. I ride my sur Ron really hard and I'm having issues with tube slipping and tearing the tube where the valve stem meets the rim. Like every 3rd ride.

What can I do to try prevent this?

Can anyone give me a check list. I'll try them all.

I couldn't find a rim lock that will work on the sur Ron.

Next I should try? Higher psi? Talcum powder? Leaving the locking nut off completely as well as cap? Or maybe I'm installing the tube badly. Im using kendra tuff tubes and m404 tires

I strongly recommend going tubeless. Haven't had a single issue with it in over a year, and only had to add some air like once.

Search this thread for "tubeless", let me know if you have any questions!

Ok I ordered all the parts for tubeless except maybe for the strap. I'm a bit confused what the strap is for anyways?

I ordered a strap but not sure if it will work like one suggested

Part that confuses me the most is how am I going to get air in the tire fast enough to make it seal? Without a tube?

Do I need to buy an air compressor too?

Back