Electric Surf Board

fabianpusch said:
That sounds cool, I am trying to animate a PhD in fluid technical systems and my old connections to Formula1. I think building up a jet is not impossible. The hardest thing is spending money for the itereations and the prototypes.
By the way, we have multi jet HP printer and also some DMLS metal printer in our company.
I have printed the frames for the opening and some other parts, really good and durable stuff...

How does the frames hold up for you and what material did you use? Im thinking about doing the same as of printing out the lid frame and a battery box. That is cool you work where you can use the facility 3d printers.

Bluefang said:
FYI anyone have any thoughts on the pumps from the following supplier, they also have a 55mm and 80mm setup. Not so sure about the impellers. I am just hoping there are options to get metal impellers.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000147399664.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.11.3c0572a8NA0K0b

This guy youtube is a riot too, with great info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRExuEdd5A&t=255s

The impeller is CNC aluminum. I have the jet 64, was thinking about the jet 80 but I believe you have to invest more in batteries, stronger BLCD motor, and ESC to handle the output from the jet pump.

Hi guys..
by any chance someone has the esc file of the Lampuga boost carbon??
I have completely redone it and I just miss the file to put in the esc to finish it and try it.

I tried to enter all the data by hand but not knowing the engine features and a mess!!

fabianpusch said:
That sounds cool, I am trying to animate a PhD in fluid technical systems and my old connections to Formula1. I think building up a jet is not impossible. The hardest thing is spending money for the itereations and the prototypes.
By the way, we have multi jet HP printer and also some DMLS metal printer in our company.
I have printed the frames for the opening and some other parts, really good and durable stuff...

hi fabian
what dmls machines do you have? im curious how much it would cost to laser sinter me a 2 stroke engine block/cylinder in aluminium.
p.s. did you try adjusting your motor timing

Hi Chris
To ask for a est. prize I need the building volume...or something like this.
But the metal parts are really expensive. What about CNC?

i can cnc the crank case, but the cylinder/block has exhaust/transfer ports that can only be achieved with either wax loss casting, or dmls.
i got some parts quoted dmls a few years ago for my company, was cheaper back then to wax loss cast, but both were extremely expensive. i was wondering if the dmls tech had gotten quicker and cheaper over the last few years.

ill send some files when i have them, see what the price comes out as, but the idea was to do extremely thin sidewall, which would make dmls more competitive.

thanks

I have a 3D printed steel impeller. Ordered it at i.materialise.com
There you can upload your file and instantly get a price.

The print quality is impressive

srn said:
I have a 3D printed steel impeller. Ordered it at i.materialise.com
There you can upload your file and instantly get a price.

The print quality is impressive

great thanks, i will try them.

One question:
When I have printed something from metal there was a shrinkage.
I have checked i.materialise.com what was the shrinkage there?
I think this is still something unknown with steel?

fabianpusch said:
One question:
When I have printed something from metal there was a shrinkage.
I have checked i.materialise.com what was the shrinkage there?
I think this is still something unknown with steel?

Hello,

i.materialise writes:
As the production of your steel model involves a thermal step, shrinkage is something you should take into account. We advise you to scale up the desired design by 2% for designs where X, Y or Z is below 70 mm and 3% for models which are larger. This larger scale will compensate for the shrinkage and as a result, the dimensional accuracy will be ±1%. This is an indication but it cannot be guaranteed

I scaled my impeller accordingly and got a good result.
For the shaft I made the hole smaller then needed and drilled it afterwards to the right size including screw thread.

hi guys
i made a full video, jetsurfing at the beach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpW3-ppHwgc&t=2s

Once again, big congrats from my side.
Good job, nice ride, cool video and a nice spot.
I would like to talk to you about your jetpump.
If it would be ok for you :D

fabianpusch said:
Once again, big congrats from my side.
Good job, nice ride, cool video and a nice spot.
I would like to talk to you about your jetpump.
If it would be ok for you :D

thanks fabian.
feels good to finally have a working board.
sure, what would you like to know?

I am trying to build up a pump. The problem is the CFD actually...I am not sure where to start.
Second, I have already tried to print one in metal.
Big fail because of the supports, needed to build up the impeller.
Which diameter are you using?
What are the main specs?
Maybe it is possible to give you a short call instead of trying to write a proper English 😄

fabianpusch said:
I am trying to build up a pump. The problem is the CFD actually...I am not sure where to start.
Second, I have already tried to print one in metal.
Big fail because of the supports, needed to build up the impeller.
Which diameter are you using?
What are the main specs?
Maybe it is possible to give you a short call instead of trying to write a proper English 😄

tbh my skill with CFD is basic/beginner, i can do a simulation on something simple like a tube, or a fin, but to do an entire jetpump, with moving parts etc is well beyond me.

to design my pump i used simple 2d calculations for torque, flow volume, inertia etc. which gave me perfect thrust and engine loading from the start. but what it didnt account for, was cavitation which has been a bit of a headache trying to solve. esp as seawater cavitates more easily than freshwater.

the way i got around that was just by machining in total 4 different moulds for props, each with different pitch on the blades, to keep max torque and thrust the same, each prop has a different size nozzle.
the design i ended up on is 87mm diameter, 80mm pitch, and a 50mm nozzle. the inlet port of the pump is a little larger in cross sectional area to cut down on cavitation and accelerate the water into the pump, a little bit of positiove inlet pressure from forward movement helps to cut down on cavitation.

if you like i can send you my 3d models for you to look at.
or i can give you my phone number by PM if you like. let me know

Hi Chris
Both would be fine for me and a big help.
Actually I have an offer from China 1200$ for an Impeller because of the complex geometry (CNC).
Maybe I am actually doing an overengineered solution.
I am really interested in looking at your files.
My private E-Mail
fabian.pusch@googlemail.com
I will have a look at your data and give you a call.
When would be the best time for you?
Thanks a lot
Fabian

no probs.
what format is good for you?
ill find the drawings and compile them together for you over the weekend

Perfect, I have Catia V5, so Stl., Step, Iges.,...nearly any format.
Please, if it is ok for you, send me your number.
I would like to talk to you....maybe we can go one step further...
Have a nice Friday evening
Fabian

fabianpusch said:
Hi Chris
Any news?
Did you already sent an email?
Cheers Fabian

hi fabian.
sorry mate, ive been real busy with work etc the last week.
ill see if i can get it to you by tomorrow

chris_kline said:
fabianpusch said:
Hi Chris
Any news?
Did you already sent an email?
Cheers Fabian

hi fabian.
sorry mate, ive been real busy with work etc the last week.
ill see if i can get it to you by tomorrow

Sorry for writing an additional message 😜

Back