ENDURO EEB: Help me get rid of high speed wobble

rockstar195

100 W
ENDURO EEB: 19" wheels, heavy battery 20S20P, rider is 150lbs, 72150 Sabvoton, QS 205 3.5T, DNM RCP 3, Fox 40

Somewhere over/around 40 mph, the bike starts to wobble. The tubes have green slime in them. I've been trying different things to get rid of the wobble.

1) True/Round/Balance wheels
2) Raise Rear
3) Change Rear Spring from 650lbs to 750lbs
4) Change Suspension settings
5) Increase tire pressure

I've tried #1 only with the front tire to balance but had no luck because of the green slime. Can't balance the rear because of the hub motor. I've tried #5, no luck.
Need any and all ideas. Help me get rid of the wobble.

Sounds like you need more suspension tuning tips from flat tyre. The last lot of advice you took from him sounds like it's working out great. :lol:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102244&p=1495481#p1495300

Are you running tubes or tubeless tires? Are the wheels balanced with weights? The centrifugal forces the wheel goes through at 40+ are not always apparent at lower speeds and I suspect this may be what is happening.

Try 720mm or wider handlebars for more stability

Jonno

You definitely do NOT need slime in your tires with motorcycle tires. Get rid of that mess. If you have tubs just replace them. Wonder if your slime stuck to one part of the tire/tube?

After that balance your front rear tires. If it’s just over 40 mph suspension and the rest aren’t the issue unless it’s anything else than a smooth road your on. Keep it simple.

Tom

Is the bike "weaving" and "wobbling?"

or just "wobbling"? If you are weaving, too, there are bigger problems.

Is it a "tank slapper" that gets worse ? Or does it go away at a certaing speed?

Back