new cyclone 3000 w mid-drive kit?

Thanks. That’s cool. I have 2 Cyclones from Luna Cycle but I guess it was before they had Bluetooth stock. Any idea when it started coming with a Bluetooth controller? Is it still 40A?

endrew said:
Its the stock bluetooth controller and its app. They have it at Luna and Sick bike parts.

robocam said:
Thanks. That’s cool. I have 2 Cyclones from Luna Cycle but I guess it was before they had Bluetooth stock. Any idea when it started coming with a Bluetooth controller? Is it still 40A?

endrew said:
Its the stock bluetooth controller and its app. They have it at Luna and Sick bike parts.

It is an option.

You can upgrade yours like so:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69867&p=1503540#p1503540

endrew said:
Thanks!
What does "Fast start" do?

It will try to accelerate faster to the requested rpm given by the throttle. More responsive. You decrease the jerkiness by doing "adjust accelerator curve" this option makes the first 25% of the rev range commanded by ~40% of your throttle movement range so you still get fine control.

Do the older controllers have a place for this to plug into? I know mine don’t because I removed every wire I didn’t use :lol:

Tommm said:
It is an option.

robocam said:
Do the older controllers have a place for this to plug into? I know mine don’t because I removed every wire I didn’t use :lol:

Tommm said:
It is an option.

It is 4/5 wires and it says bluetooth. If you removed it, you removed it.

You will need to look for internal solder points if you are interested.

Here are the wires I removed. Looks like the old controller did not have Bluetooth capability. So they all ship with Bluetooth capability now?

IMG_5236-20percent size.jpg

Tommm said:

robocam said:
Here are the wires I removed. Looks like the old controller did not have Bluetooth capability. So they all ship with Bluetooth capability now?

IMG_5236-20percent size.jpg

Tommm said:

No, there is a 40a silver non bt model and a 60a black bt model. They are yuyang king controllers btw.

Anyone paired a Cyclone 3000 stock controller with a Cycle Analyst and an external shunt?

I am seeing strange behavior. The ESC will not pull the same currents as it will without the CA, even though the throttle voltage is higher with the CA.

Is it possible the throttle signal is current rather than voltage?

I have, and I've experienced nothing unusual.

endrew said:
Anyone paired a Cyclone 3000 stock controller with a Cycle Analyst and an external shunt?

I am seeing strange behavior. The ESC will not pull the same currents as it will without the CA, even though the throttle voltage is higher with the CA.

robocam said:
I have, and I've experienced nothing unusual.

endrew said:

How much current do you draw? as I said, up to 40 Amps, it worked fine for me

The stock current of about 40A. I don't understand what you're saying. Now you're saying it works fine up to 40A but that's the stock current. Are you talking about the 60A controller? How are you measuring the current without the CA? Or are you just directly plugging in the throttle but still measuring the current with the CA? Measure the throttle output voltage of the CA.

endrew said:
How much current do you draw? as I said, up to 40 Amps, it worked fine for me

Oh, I got the Bluetooth ESC with my kit and I have added some solder to the internal shunt so it goes up to 80 amps. I want the CA for this reason - to be able to limit the current in a flexible way.

Anyway this was solved by disconnecting the gnd wire in the throttle connection from external shunt to the ESC, and leaving only the signal wire. I have no idea why.

Oh, ok that makes sense. I did this to my other Cyclone 3000 controller too (soldered the shunt and let the CA limit the current). On mine I only have one wire going to the throttle input on the controller. Glad you figured it out.

endrew said:
Oh, I got the Bluetooth ESC with my kit and I have added some solder to the internal shunt so it goes up to 80 amps. I want the CA for this reason - to be able to limit the current in a flexible way.

Anyway this was solved by disconnecting the gnd wire in the throttle connection from external shunt to the ESC, and leaving only the signal wire. I have no idea why.

Planning a build but cant decide on battery. Figured it best to ask the opinions of those using this kit. Estimated total weight 300-350lb. Tire size 26 but that may change to 24x2.5 with actual diameter of 25. Will keep the speed at 28-30mph and will try to use PAS. Trips will be 1-2 miles to the store then back a few times a week. I guess my biggest question is can I get away with a 40-45 amp max continuous draw pack and what voltage would probably be best for me?

Trying to keep the price below $350, preferably well below and will build the pack myself as I have done a few nicd drill batteries and small lion packs before. I will be splitting the pack so I can use the 300watt 6s hobby balance charger I already have, an ISDT Q6 Pro. Since I should have the time I will charge them separately instead of building and using a parallel board. I will eventually upgrade to an ANT-BMS and use this app for it instead of the stock app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vortecks.vbms&hl=en_GB

And depending on how well it performs I may switch it over to the 62 Schwinn Corvette with a 2stroke and shift kit that I have been riding all year. Though that will be after I decide and paint it, shes naked and starting to rust a bit lol. But this thing probably weighs twice as much as the old Blackcomb mtb I'll be using for now.

List of cells and configs I have been considering and made before I decided against parallel charging. This is all with shipping from the US so no surprise charges or waiting.

Sanyo NCR20700B 4250mAh 15A max continuous draw.
15s3p 55.5v 12.75ah 45amp about $255 shipped
15s4p 55.5v 17ah 60amp about $325 shipped
18s3p 66.6v 12.75ah 45amp about $293 shipped
18s4p 66.6v 17ah 60amp about $387 shipped

Sanyo NCR18650GA 3450mAh 10A max
15s4p 55.5v 13.8ah 40amp max about $265 shipped
18s4p 66.6v 13.8ah 40amp max about $316 shipped

Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900mAh 10A
15s5p 55.5v 14.5ah 50amp max about $272 shipped
18s5p 66.6v 14.5ah 50amp max about $325 shipped

Lishen LR2170SA 4000mah 12A max
15s4p 55.5v 16ah 48amp max $273 shipped
18s4p 66.6v 16ah 48amp max $324 shipped
I can only find tests of its slightly bigger brother the LR2170SF 4500mah 13.5A and they did very well.

Lishen LR2170SF 4500mah 13.5A max
15s4p 55.5v 18ah 54amp max $331 shipped
According to the test I found these delivered down to 3.2V at 5A continuous = 13.3Wh and to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 12.4Wh beating a Samsung 50E rated at 5000mah. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-test-results-lishen-lr2170sf-13-5a-4500mah-21700-best-ultra-capacity-21700-but-issues.898393/

Lishen seems to be a legit brand used by Apple, Samsung, HP and saw claims that most major e-bike manufactures use them without listing any of them but cant remember the source. Oh and Tesla is considering them for there Chinese market. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

robocam said:
What!? Gman's Cyclone-powered trike? He's been posting about his trikes for years! :) Glad to see you're still working with the Cyclone Gman!

Skaiwerd said:
Does this go here?
Referring to the above post

Hey there Robo, thanks man. Glad to hear you still post here too! Its been a long time. This is the third trike I build now, three Cyclone powered e-Trikes, and 2 Cyclone eBikes, all very fast... and all very fun to drive. :)

You still towing the endless trailer?

G.

Hi there, curious if anyone here has experience shunt modding the stock 40amp 3000w controller? Would be nice to get up to 60amps. Maybe just adding solder to the base of the two shunts? Any insight be much appreciated! New member here just want to say thanks I have learned so much from this thread.

Yes, Gman has done it and posted about it. He got it up to 90A.

Pennswoods85 said:
Hi there, curious if anyone here has experience shunt modding the stock 40amp 3000w controller? Would be nice to get up to 60amps. Maybe just adding solder to the base of the two shunts? Any insight be much appreciated! New member here just want to say thanks I have learned so much from this thread.

ebike11 said:
Anyone put this motor on an Enduro frame EEB?

They sell a complete swingarm with a 4kw motor built in already.

This dual drive setup is a new development, it allows you to keep pedaling while having high power.

[youtube]0C5hlyI6F1E[/youtube]

They sell the swingarm seperate too.

http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Coaxial.html

Shoot them a mail and be sure to ask for steel gears. Then you can do 80-90a peak. Good idea to put a temp sensor in though.

Tommm said:
ebike11 said:

This dual drive setup is a new development, it allows you to keep pedaling while having high power.

Shoot them a mail and be sure to ask for steel gears. Then you can do 80-90a peak. Good idea to put a temp sensor in though.

Looks interesting but i already have the standard eeb frame kit so looking to mount the 3000w cyclone on it.

ebike11 said:
Tommm said:
ebike11 said:

Looks interesting but i already have the standard eeb frame kit so looking to mount the 3000w cyclone on it.

I know. They sell the swingarm+motor seperately. You can keep and use your own frame. This is exacly what you need. This bike in the video is a standard eeb what you have, but with a custom swingarm+motor.
You can buy only the missing parts from them.
With the vanilla cyclone mount being as bad as it is, this integrated solution is a godsend.

Hey OP+mods, how about splitting this new motor off into a new thread?

Titled "Cyclone 4/4.8 kW Coaxial Mid Drive"?

Dunno if the "dual drive" aspect is inherent in the release or an added optional feature?

ebike11 said:
Anyone else think dump the old school chain + derailers, go with two belts?

I think this setup would rock with a Rohloff 526% IGH, favor the low end in my case, big hills to climb with heavy loads, top speed 25km/h is fine . . .

Tommm said:
ebike11 said:
Tommm said:
ebike11 said:

I know. They sell the swingarm+motor seperately. You can keep and use your own frame. This is exacly what you need. This bike in the video is a standard eeb what you have, but with a custom swingarm+motor.
You can buy only the missing parts from them.
With the vanilla cyclone mount being as bad as it is, this integrated solution is a godsend.

Rather not buy another swingarm..just looking to see people who fit a standard 3000w on an EEB

ebike11 said:
Rather not buy another swingarm..just looking to see people who fit a standard 3000w on an EEB

This setup gets around a lot of problems and headaches a mid drive would otherwise have. If you want to do it right it is well worth it. I certainly would.

I've seen some people install bbshd on qulbix and vector frames so it should be possible.

Back