Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Electric Motors and Controllers
marcoq   1 W

1 W
Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 17 2018 3:55am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by marcoq » Oct 27 2019 5:42am

Hello guys.
I have solved some bugs recently found in my firmware and I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code by a checkbox. :thumb:

sp1n4d0   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Jun 13 2019 6:49pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by sp1n4d0 » Oct 27 2019 6:38am

Elinx wrote:
Oct 27 2019 4:29am
You can't use the temperature sensor with stock firmware. Only the Open source firmware can handle this protection.
Actually i think i can, with this temperature controller conected to brake sensor wire https://www.ebay.com/itm/323263962394
I know that´s not a optimal solution because it can´t reduce power, but at least a can read the internal temperature and cut the motor power automaticaly when it reaches the max temperature programmed in this sensor.
If i can´t solve the problem of the motor tacking too long to cut after i stop pedaling with OSF, i will try this this sensor with stock firmware.

zappan   10 W

10 W
Posts: 68
Joined: Sep 27 2018 3:00am
Location: Sicilia

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by zappan » Oct 27 2019 9:32am

marcoq wrote:
Oct 27 2019 5:42am
Hello guys.
I have solved some bugs recently found in my firmware and I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code by a checkbox. :thumb:
Hello Marcoq, I look forward to trying it :D , but you have also updated to ver. 0.20.1 of Buba because I tried it and it's fantastic! :D :D

Elinx   100 W

100 W
Posts: 186
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 27 2019 10:02am

sp1n4d0 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 6:38am
....
Actually i think i can, ............
Oh..., you choose another hardware solution than the LM35 sensor for OSF
Indeed, I think a temperature switch can work with stock firmware like a brake switch.
Good found. :thumb:

Elinx   100 W

100 W
Posts: 186
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 27 2019 10:14am

marcoq wrote:
Oct 27 2019 5:42am
.... I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code .....
Hello Marcoq, thanks for your notification. I look towards to it.

You mean that there will be a choice for controlling the battery current or motor current.
I hope too it is based on the last OSF v. 20 from Buba.

phm2000   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 27 2019 10:12am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by phm2000 » Oct 27 2019 10:22am

Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks
BBS02 and TSDZ2 user :D

Elinx   100 W

100 W
Posts: 186
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 27 2019 11:22am

phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
.....
Ackmaniac firmware, .....
...
no more assistance.
...
I put factory firmware ..... no assistance.
......
What's the problem ?....
Maybe the speedsensor is rotated or too close to magnet?

phm2000   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 27 2019 10:12am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by phm2000 » Oct 27 2019 3:02pm

Elinx wrote:
Oct 27 2019 11:22am
phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
.....
Ackmaniac firmware, .....
...
no more assistance.
...
I put factory firmware ..... no assistance.
......
What's the problem ?....
Maybe the speedsensor is rotated or too close to magnet?
It doesn't seem to be that.
Could it work if I unplug the speed sensor ?
BBS02 and TSDZ2 user :D

marcoq   1 W

1 W
Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 17 2018 3:55am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by marcoq » Oct 27 2019 3:27pm

Elinx wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:14am
marcoq wrote:
Oct 27 2019 5:42am
.... I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code .....
Hello Marcoq, thanks for your notification. I look towards to it.

You mean that there will be a choice for controlling the battery current or motor current.
I hope too it is based on the last OSF v. 20 from Buba.
The new configurator release 0.3.8 is for firmware 0.19.... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.

Badmotor   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: Sep 09 2019 5:06am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Badmotor » Oct 27 2019 3:58pm

phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks
When you put stock firmware, did you change the openbyte to 28 ?

phm2000   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 27 2019 10:12am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by phm2000 » Oct 27 2019 4:32pm

Badmotor wrote:
Oct 27 2019 3:58pm
phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks
When you put stock firmware, did you change the openbyte to 28 ?
I saved stock firmware and there's already 28 on openbyte
BBS02 and TSDZ2 user :D

grecoa   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 18 2018 4:51am
Location: UK S.Yorks

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by grecoa » Oct 27 2019 6:06pm

The new configurator release 0.3.8 is for firmware 0.19.... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.
[/quote]
Hi marcoq
I am very pleased to know that you are doing this new work and look forward to to testing the software.

Thank you for all your work on this project! :bigthumb:

Elinx   100 W

100 W
Posts: 186
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 28 2019 2:01am

marcoq wrote:
Oct 27 2019 3:27pm
.......... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.
Thanks for reporting back.
We will waiting patiently for the new release for OEM displays :thumb:

zappan   10 W

10 W
Posts: 68
Joined: Sep 27 2018 3:00am
Location: Sicilia

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by zappan » Oct 28 2019 2:31am

phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 4:32pm
Badmotor wrote:
Oct 27 2019 3:58pm
phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks
When you put stock firmware, did you change the openbyte to 28 ?
I saved stock firmware and there's already 28 on openbyte
I am following this discussion and have never had the problem in restoring the original SW, but for knowledge I wonder where it configures openbyte to 28? I haven't seen it in any guide.

btslo   10 W

10 W
Posts: 65
Joined: Apr 17 2019 8:55am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by btslo » Oct 28 2019 5:15am

zappan wrote:
Oct 28 2019 2:31am
phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 4:32pm
Badmotor wrote:
Oct 27 2019 3:58pm
phm2000 wrote:
Oct 27 2019 10:22am
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks
When you put stock firmware, did you change the openbyte to 28 ?
I saved stock firmware and there's already 28 on openbyte
I am following this discussion and have never had the problem in restoring the original SW, but for knowledge I wonder where it configures openbyte to 28? I haven't seen it in any guide.
Option byte tab in STVP:

viewtopic.php?t=93818&start=1600#p1438745

zappan   10 W

10 W
Posts: 68
Joined: Sep 27 2018 3:00am
Location: Sicilia

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by zappan » Oct 28 2019 8:02am

Thanks Btslo :D

sp1n4d0   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Jun 13 2019 6:49pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by sp1n4d0 » Oct 28 2019 3:53pm

sp1n4d0 wrote:
Oct 25 2019 2:03pm
Installed this firmware and a temperature sensor, it is running fine except when I stop pedaling the motor takes mutch time to stop compared to stock firmware, this is grinding my gears and lost the natural feeling.
there is any option on the java configuration to make motor stop faster?
Already solved or minimised this issue, changed all the values of the motor power boost to zero, now it only takes some time to disengage the motor in assist level 4, witch i rarely use, all other assist levels are fine.

wpenner   10 W

10 W
Posts: 98
Joined: May 10 2018 3:27pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by wpenner » Oct 29 2019 10:32am

Elinx wrote:
Sep 27 2019 12:43am
danielson wrote:
Sep 26 2019 8:53pm
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. ........
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug.
So, if you want to prevent the same problem, check thoroughly if you have the "C" version of the firmware.
The java-configurator v3.7 is the same for all.
I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. Motor was still cool and not anywhere near temperature limit. Motor kept pushing me even though i stopped peddling. Speedometer was locked at 13.7km/h on the screen. Up and down buttons change assist level on screen but motor kept pushing. Holding down power button for three seconds stopped it.

Elinx   100 W

100 W
Posts: 186
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 29 2019 3:15pm

wpenner wrote:
Oct 29 2019 10:32am
Elinx wrote:
Sep 27 2019 12:43am
.....
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug...........
............I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. ..........
In that case I hope marcoq is reading these posts too and can find the reason, because this could be unexpected but dangerous behavior with touring.

bluesoc   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 14 2019 4:34pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bluesoc » Oct 29 2019 4:50pm

wpenner wrote:
Oct 26 2019 7:30pm
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

ABB77FD1-5ECC-4188-A953-542379BEEFBC.jpeg

1028174E-677A-4DF7-9087-0F77C6F73D77.jpeg
Any update on how the silicone pads are working?

Also, would you mind posting where you got the pads?

wpenner   10 W

10 W
Posts: 98
Joined: May 10 2018 3:27pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by wpenner » Oct 29 2019 5:14pm

bluesoc wrote:
Oct 29 2019 4:50pm
wpenner wrote:
Oct 26 2019 7:30pm
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

ABB77FD1-5ECC-4188-A953-542379BEEFBC.jpeg

1028174E-677A-4DF7-9087-0F77C6F73D77.jpeg
Any update on how the silicone pads are working?

Also, would you mind posting where you got the pads?
Yes, they are definitely doing something as my bike is no longer reducing power at the end of my commute. I used 2 pads. You might want to order 3 in case you mess up cutting them to shape. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100mmx100mmx2mm ... Sw2KlczvhZ

bluesoc   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 14 2019 4:34pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bluesoc » Oct 29 2019 5:22pm

wpenner wrote:
Oct 29 2019 5:14pm
bluesoc wrote:
Oct 29 2019 4:50pm
wpenner wrote:
Oct 26 2019 7:30pm
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

ABB77FD1-5ECC-4188-A953-542379BEEFBC.jpeg

1028174E-677A-4DF7-9087-0F77C6F73D77.jpeg
Any update on how the silicone pads are working?

Also, would you mind posting where you got the pads?
Yes, they are definitely doing something as my bike is no longer reducing power at the end of my commute. I used 2 pads. You might want to order 3 in case you mess up cutting them to shape. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100mmx100mmx2mm ... Sw2KlczvhZ
Appreciate it! I have a tsdz2 on the way with a temp sensor, so perhaps I'll be able to get some concrete numbers for how well they work.

wpenner   10 W

10 W
Posts: 98
Joined: May 10 2018 3:27pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by wpenner » Oct 29 2019 5:29pm

wpenner wrote:
Oct 29 2019 10:32am
Elinx wrote:
Sep 27 2019 12:43am
danielson wrote:
Sep 26 2019 8:53pm
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. ........
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug.
So, if you want to prevent the same problem, check thoroughly if you have the "C" version of the firmware.
The java-configurator v3.7 is the same for all.
I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. Motor was still cool and not anywhere near temperature limit. Motor kept pushing me even though i stopped peddling. Speedometer was locked at 13.7km/h on the screen. Up and down buttons change assist level on screen but motor kept pushing. Holding down power button for three seconds stopped it.
It does not happen often. Maybe once every 60 power cycles. Possibly related to adjusting assist level while screen is still loading, as last two times it happened within 30 seconds of starting my commute. Maybe i'm somehow turning on walk assist or something, not sure how to do that. Does the km/h on the screen stay stuck when walk assist is on; when i experience this "glitch" the km/h value is stuck static on the screen.
Last edited by wpenner on Oct 29 2019 5:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpenner   10 W

10 W
Posts: 98
Joined: May 10 2018 3:27pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by wpenner » Oct 29 2019 5:31pm

bluesoc wrote:
Oct 29 2019 5:22pm
wpenner wrote:
Oct 29 2019 5:14pm
bluesoc wrote:
Oct 29 2019 4:50pm
wpenner wrote:
Oct 26 2019 7:30pm
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

ABB77FD1-5ECC-4188-A953-542379BEEFBC.jpeg

1028174E-677A-4DF7-9087-0F77C6F73D77.jpeg
Any update on how the silicone pads are working?

Also, would you mind posting where you got the pads?
Yes, they are definitely doing something as my bike is no longer reducing power at the end of my commute. I used 2 pads. You might want to order 3 in case you mess up cutting them to shape. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100mmx100mmx2mm ... Sw2KlczvhZ
Appreciate it! I have a tsdz2 on the way with a temp sensor, so perhaps I'll be able to get some concrete numbers for how well they work.
If you use VCLD5 or VCLD6 it will not display the current value of the temperature sensor. It will just let you know when you have reached the temperature thresholds that you have set.

bluesoc   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 14 2019 4:34pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by bluesoc » Oct 29 2019 6:24pm


If you use VCLD5 or VCLD6 it will not display the current value of the temperature sensor. It will just let you know when you have reached the temperature thresholds that you have set.
Gotcha. I'm getting the 850C; not sure exactly what it displays.

Post Reply