Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Hello guys.
I have solved some bugs recently found in my firmware and I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code by a checkbox. :thumb:

Elinx said:
You can't use the temperature sensor with stock firmware. Only the Open source firmware can handle this protection.
Actually i think i can, with this temperature controller conected to brake sensor wire https://www.ebay.com/itm/323263962394
I know that´s not a optimal solution because it can´t reduce power, but at least a can read the internal temperature and cut the motor power automaticaly when it reaches the max temperature programmed in this sensor.
If i can´t solve the problem of the motor tacking too long to cut after i stop pedaling with OSF, i will try this this sensor with stock firmware.

marcoq said:
Hello guys.
I have solved some bugs recently found in my firmware and I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code by a checkbox. :thumb:

Hello Marcoq, I look forward to trying it :D , but you have also updated to ver. 0.20.1 of Buba because I tried it and it's fantastic! :D :D

sp1n4d0 said:
Actually i think i can, ............
Oh..., you choose another hardware solution than the LM35 sensor for OSF
Indeed, I think a temperature switch can work with stock firmware like a brake switch.
Good found. :thumb:

marcoq said:
.... I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code .....
Hello Marcoq, thanks for your notification. I look towards to it.

You mean that there will be a choice for controlling the battery current or motor current.
I hope too it is based on the last OSF v. 20 from Buba.

Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks

phm2000 said:
Ackmaniac firmware, .....
no more assistance.
I put factory firmware ..... no assistance.
What's the problem ?....

Maybe the speedsensor is rotated or too close to magnet?

Elinx said:
phm2000 said:
Ackmaniac firmware, .....
no more assistance.
I put factory firmware ..... no assistance.
What's the problem ?....

Maybe the speedsensor is rotated or too close to magnet?

It doesn't seem to be that.
Could it work if I unplug the speed sensor ?

Elinx said:
marcoq said:
.... I will soon release a new version of the configurator [ver. 0.3.8] that will allow you to select my code or Ackmaniac's code .....
Hello Marcoq, thanks for your notification. I look towards to it.

You mean that there will be a choice for controlling the battery current or motor current.
I hope too it is based on the last OSF v. 20 from Buba.

The new configurator release 0.3.8 is for firmware 0.19.... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.

phm2000 said:
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

What's the problem ?

Thanks

When you put stock firmware, did you change the openbyte to 28 ?

Badmotor said:
phm2000 said:
Hi

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

What's the problem ?

Thanks

I saved stock firmware and there's already 28 on openbyte

The new configurator release 0.3.8 is for firmware 0.19.... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.
[/quote]
Hi marcoq
I am very pleased to know that you are doing this new work and look forward to to testing the software.

Thank you for all your work on this project! :bigthumb:

marcoq said:
.......... however I am also working for migrate buba's firmware to OEM displays.... but I will need some time.
Thanks for reporting back.
We will waiting patiently for the new release for OEM displays :thumb:

phm2000 said:
Badmotor said:
phm2000 said:
Hi

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

What's the problem ?

Thanks

I am following this discussion and have never had the problem in restoring the original SW, but for knowledge I wonder where it configures openbyte to 28? I haven't seen it in any guide.

zappan said:
phm2000 said:
Badmotor said:
phm2000 said:
Hi

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

What's the problem ?

Thanks

I am following this discussion and have never had the problem in restoring the original SW, but for knowledge I wonder where it configures openbyte to 28? I haven't seen it in any guide.

Option byte tab in STVP:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93818&start=1600#p1438745

sp1n4d0 said:
Installed this firmware and a temperature sensor, it is running fine except when I stop pedaling the motor takes mutch time to stop compared to stock firmware, this is grinding my gears and lost the natural feeling.
there is any option on the java configuration to make motor stop faster?
Already solved or minimised this issue, changed all the values of the motor power boost to zero, now it only takes some time to disengage the motor in assist level 4, witch i rarely use, all other assist levels are fine.

Elinx said:
danielson said:
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. ........
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug.
So, if you want to prevent the same problem, check thoroughly if you have the "C" version of the firmware.
The java-configurator v3.7 is the same for all.

I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. Motor was still cool and not anywhere near temperature limit. Motor kept pushing me even though i stopped peddling. Speedometer was locked at 13.7km/h on the screen. Up and down buttons change assist level on screen but motor kept pushing. Holding down power button for three seconds stopped it.

wpenner said:
Elinx said:
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug...........
............I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. ..........
In that case I hope marcoq is reading these posts too and can find the reason, because this could be unexpected but dangerous behavior with touring.

wpenner said:
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

ABB77FD1-5ECC-4188-A953-542379BEEFBC.jpeg

1028174E-677A-4DF7-9087-0F77C6F73D77.jpeg

Any update on how the silicone pads are working?

Also, would you mind posting where you got the pads?

bluesoc said:
wpenner said:
I finally installed my silicone heat transfer pads today. It took two pads $4.44US. 3 layers at some points. I’ll find out tomorrow if they work as my bike usually hits throttle reduction temperature on last 5 minutes of my ride home.

Yes, they are definitely doing something as my bike is no longer reducing power at the end of my commute. I used 2 pads. You might want to order 3 in case you mess up cutting them to shape. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100mmx100mmx2mm-Silicone-Pad-Heat-Sink-Heatsink-Thermal-Conductive-Cooling-f/264310728713?hash=item3d8a25a809:g:eek:vUAAOSw2KlczvhZ

wpenner said:
bluesoc said:
wpenner said:

Yes, they are definitely doing something as my bike is no longer reducing power at the end of my commute. I used 2 pads. You might want to order 3 in case you mess up cutting them to shape. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100mmx100mmx2mm-Silicone-Pad-Heat-Sink-Heatsink-Thermal-Conductive-Cooling-f/264310728713?hash=item3d8a25a809:g:eek:vUAAOSw2KlczvhZ

Appreciate it! I have a tsdz2 on the way with a temp sensor, so perhaps I'll be able to get some concrete numbers for how well they work.

wpenner said:
Elinx said:
danielson said:
I'm using the V19 and 3.7. ........
v. 19C is the latest.
Version 19A and B has this stil this bug.
So, if you want to prevent the same problem, check thoroughly if you have the "C" version of the firmware.
The java-configurator v3.7 is the same for all.

I'm on V19c and had this happen twice now. Motor was still cool and not anywhere near temperature limit. Motor kept pushing me even though i stopped peddling. Speedometer was locked at 13.7km/h on the screen. Up and down buttons change assist level on screen but motor kept pushing. Holding down power button for three seconds stopped it.

It does not happen often. Maybe once every 60 power cycles. Possibly related to adjusting assist level while screen is still loading, as last two times it happened within 30 seconds of starting my commute. Maybe i'm somehow turning on walk assist or something, not sure how to do that. Does the km/h on the screen stay stuck when walk assist is on; when i experience this "glitch" the km/h value is stuck static on the screen.

bluesoc said:
wpenner said:
bluesoc said:
wpenner said:

Appreciate it! I have a tsdz2 on the way with a temp sensor, so perhaps I'll be able to get some concrete numbers for how well they work.

If you use VCLD5 or VCLD6 it will not display the current value of the temperature sensor. It will just let you know when you have reached the temperature thresholds that you have set.

If you use VCLD5 or VCLD6 it will not display the current value of the temperature sensor. It will just let you know when you have reached the temperature thresholds that you have set.

Gotcha. I'm getting the 850C; not sure exactly what it displays.

Back