Home-Built Ebike - Swiss Police Suspect Drugs!

dozentrio

10 kW
https://m.20min.ch/schweiz/zuerich/story/merkwuerdiges-gefaehrt-loest-polizeieinsatz-aus-14440938

google translate does a decent job on this if you prefer English. The article mentions he was going up to 45 kph :D

Man under drugs steers unusual e-bike

1/3 This self-made vehicle took policemen out of traffic in Winterthur.
2/3 The 33-year-old driver has designed the vehicle himself.
3/3 In addition, there is a suspicion that he was under the influence of drugs on the road.

The police have secured a self-constructed vehicle in Winterthur. The 33-year-old driver has built the vehicle himself.

A hybrid of e-scooter and bike - a 33-year-old man actually ventured onto the road with this self-built electric vehicle. Policemen pulled the unusual vehicle out of traffic on Friday in Winterthur. A patrol was on the Schlosstalstrasse shortly before 10 o'clock attentive to it, as it is called in a message of the city police Winterthur. The driver was traveling with the vehicle at up to 45 kilometers per hour.

During a check it turned out that the vehicle was not type-approved. The officials secured the self-constructed vehicle. There is also the suspicion that the man steered the bicycle under the influence of drugs.

The incident uses the police for a hint: "Vehicles that are self-constructed and equipped with an electric or internal combustion engine, may not be put into circulation." On the one hand, such a companion road safety is not guaranteed, on the other hand lack the mandatory liability insurance. "Such vehicles may therefore not be used on public land." (Tam)

May as well ride an illegal homemade motorcycle with pedals, when you just got all your license stripped for drunk driving. Nothing left to lose.

This guy sounds like a relative of mine when he was at rock bottom. Grounds to pull over was his face driving any vehicle. The cops all knew he was drunk 24-7. Pedaling a bike, same thing, he'd still get a drunk in public if he couldn't keep it upright. He got banned from the bus, the drivers wouldn't let him on anymore.

Bet those Swiss cops knew him well.

They would never catch you. 8)

Here is the pic from that link of the "Suspects" vehicle:

44853326C68FA529AC3E80550768764A.jpg

Someone narc'd on him for 45kph? Pitiful.

I wonder how that thing performed.

Dude has to be a member here on Endless Sphere. Please come forward with your identity. lol falling on the floor

Voltron said:
It actually looks way safer than a small wheel scooter going that speed!

Agreed. I'm more curious about how quickly it accelerated and whatnot. Tiny presumably low wattage motor in a tiny wheel that does at least 45kph without turning to a liquid in the alps. Intriguing!

rockstar195 said:
Dude has to be a member here on Endless Sphere. Please come forward with your identity. lol falling on the floor

It was Chalo ... on vacation.

BTW, haven't heard from him in many months. I hope he's OK.

My favorite part is the black duct tape. Just the right amount of tape.

Oh and the chain that might actually weigh more than the bike.

And yeah I was wondering about Chalo too.

I love this thing, like how it looks and thing it would be a blast. The small wheel looks like it might have accidentally fallen out of one of the public rental scooters you see around here a lot.

Member Emmgee actually lives direction Winterthur .... ? He does not come across as a drug sniffing drunk though....

The strict laws and high fines here in CH actually put a big damper on my building activities.... :cry:

Yeah, just steal the motor wheel, no gps on that part.

Guy has definitely seen John in CR's bikes. Gotta love it for the worst example of an incognito e bike.

Bet that thing was running 40 amps of 72v lipo. Fry it, then go steal another. :twisted:

Go click on his user name and see for yourself.

wturber said:
rockstar195 said:

Switzerland and Singapore are two places I know I will never live again.

So neat & clean, much too orderly for my taste.

My soul needs a certain degree of chaos and lawlessness, not **too** much mind you, like everything else a question of balance.

Didn't mean any insult to you John. Sorry if it came out that way.

I just meant he saw that a smaller rear wheel works good.

Everyone I ever let try my bikes have a junkie face after the ride. I can hear the cops...

-This guy on the weird bike is looking too happy. -He must be on drugs.
-So silent too...
-Preparing some crime for sure.
:twisted:

wturber said:
rockstar195 said:

Tried to PM Chalo and can't.

Anyone have an email or other contact? Can't find my contact info....

Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages.

Back