Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

phm2000 said:
Hi

I just install a new TSDZ2 750W 48V with VLCD5, with Ackmaniac firmware, all seems to be fine (thanks a lot Marocq and Ackmaniac)

But and after 20km, no more assistance.

I put factory firmware again and try, no assistance.

But
Walk assist is OK
Throttle is OK

On hidden menu, I find : RE is at 0 and RE1 is at 0

What's the problem ?
Is there a torque sensor failure or anything else ?

Thanks

It's was a hardware problem, torque sensor is broken

Hallo from Germnay, i use the Marcoq 19c with an VLCD6. Very nice Software. I have only one Problem. In the Streetmode and in the Offroadmode
my SpeedLimit is by 25 kmh. I want in Offroadmode no limit. What can i do?

I just did some small bugfixes which should solve the walk assist and throttle problem.
Sources are available here
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

Elinx said:
wpenner said:
If you use VCLD5 or VCLD6 it will not display the current value of the temperature sensor..........
There is always hope :)
mbrusa is working on that (monitoring temperature, Voltage, Watt etc.) and has already a working trial for XH18 display, based on 0.19C-v3.7 of marcoq.

For the moment only XH18 and not the vlcd.... displays, because they responding different on input of these values.

It works perfectly for XH18 :D . Thanks again to Mbrusa for his work :thumb: , the user from here Ashambro has also tested it and displays:
- the engine temperature
- the remaining battery charge in percentage
- battery voltage
but not yet for VCLD6 and VCLD5 :( , who can help develop these displays?

Latest version released by Mbrusa:
http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76426&whichpage=52

Ackmaniac said:
I just did some small bugfixes which should solve the walk assist and throttle problem.
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-compatible-with-original-VlCD6-display

Thank you very good work :bigthumb: , given your competence, if you like updates of Mbrusa to the SW of Marcoq on the display on the original displays of some data (temperature, voltage etc.) you can take a look? because it works on XH18 but they are not displayed on LCD6, only the remaining capacity as a percentage of the battery is displayed.

zappan said:
Ackmaniac said:

Thank you very good work :bigthumb: , given your competence, if you like updates of Mbrusa to the SW of Marcoq on the display on the original displays of some data (temperature, voltage etc.) you can take a look? because it works on XH18 but they are not displayed on LCD6, only the remaining capacity as a percentage of the battery is displayed.

Wohoo, again a new version/branch (from mbrusa) for the Marcoq-base release?
To be honest, I lost the overview of the x different forks and branches with different feature and bugs.
I still believe that one single complete repo (not only a zip file) with a comeplete history and maybe branches is overdue..

where is the software from mbrusa available?

godofglow said:
........where is the software from mbrusa available?
You can find his modified files on the Italian Jobike forum
Open the mbrusa zip file and past the 3 files into the marcoq configurator v.19C-3.7. directory path: src/controller
Open the configurator, insert your ini settings file, compile and program.

mbrusa has made a description too.
The complete description you can find on Jobike
Here you can find the (translated) short version for XH18 display handling only.

Display procedure: At level 4 (turbo),
- press the "light" button> code E08> confirm with the "light" button
Parameter 1, code E02, value" Temperature ", displayed for 5 seconds then returns to speed

- If the "light" key> code E08> is pressed again within 5 seconds, confirm with the "light" key
Parameter 2, code E03, value" Percent remaining battery ", displayed for 5 seconds then returns to speed

- If the "light" key> code E08> is pressed again within 5 seconds, confirm with the "light" key
Parameter 3, code E04, value" Battery voltage ", displayed for 5 seconds then returns to speed

- Pressing the "light" button once turns on the lights as for the other levels.

Yes i also thought about it to show additional data for mode 4. Only problem is that it will influence your Odo- and Tripmeter. But i think that's acceptable.
Guess interesting would be
- Motor temperature
- Battery voltage
- Motor amps
- Battery amps
- actual Watts

Will test a bit when i find the time for it.

Ackmaniac said:
... Only problem is that it will influence your Odo- and Tripmeter. But i thing that's acceptable.
Thanks for your attention.
mbrusa had stated a sort of the same about other parameters too:

"... I chose these parameters because they are stable and 5 seconds are enough for reading.
To visualize other very variable parameters, such as power, current, torque, a longer time is necessary, it is possible but then the kilometers counter counts more ..."

Hi everyone, I need help :)

I wanna start next weekend a first of an alternative software for my TSDZ2 (48V / 750W / XH18).

But I am currently lost in different options/versions:
- qmarco
- mbrusa
- stancecoke
- ashrambo
- Ackmaniac
- ...????

-> Is there any overview of the differences and feature?
-> What it currently the based maintained and stable version?
:?:

Thx a lot!

Thomas

godofglow said:
- qmarco
- mbrusa
- stancecoke
- ashrambo
- Ackmaniac
- ...????

All versions are based on the release of qmarco
Latest configurator is v3.7 based on FW v 0.19C
(Marcoq is working on v3.8 with added options for Ackmaniacs mod. but not been published yet)

- Marcoq has made the configurator and OSF additions to work with default displays.
- Ackmaniac has changed the controlling of the battery-current to motor-current. (You must try both versions to feel the difference and wich you prefer)
- Mbrusa has added monitoring some important values (e.g. battery and temperature) with XH18 display, but is exactly the same FW as from Marcoq

In the past Demion has made a version too for default displays, that has tot be flashed with ST Visual Programmer (STVP) without the use of the configurator but by direct editing config.h.

Ashrambo has made a guide for marcoq firmware on his blog
Stancecoke has published the latest version of the marcoq firmware on his github and also some interesting links.
(This because marcoq isn't active anymore on github for some reason)

Elinx said:
godofglow said:
- qmarco
- mbrusa
- stancecoke
- ashrambo
- Ackmaniac
- ...????

All versions are based on the release of qmarco
Latest configurator is v3.7 based on FW v 0.19C
(Marcoq is working on v3.8 with added options for Ackmaniacs mod. but not been published yet)

- Marcoq has made the configurator and additions to work with default displays.
- Ackmaniac has changed the controlling the batterie-current to motor-current. You must try both version to feel the difference.
- Mbrusa has added monitoring some values with XH18 display, but is exactly the same as from Marcoq

In the past Demion has made a version too from an older FW for default displays, that had tot be flashed with ST Visual Programmer (STVP) without the use of the configurator (same as regular OSF)

Ashrambo has made a guide for marcoq firmware on his blog
Stancecoke has published the latest version of the marcoq firmware on his github and also some interesting links.
(This because marcoq isn't active anymore on github for some reason)

+1 thx a lot. Very helpful.

Sounds that a vey best solution could be a 3.8 from marcoq based on motor-current controlling (Ackmaniac) and display additional values (mbrusa) ;)

Where marcoq currently release alsowys the latest release if he do not work with github anymore?

godofglow said:

Sounds that a vey best solution could be a 3.8 from marcoq based on motor-current controlling (Ackmaniac) and display additional values (mbrusa) ;)

Where marcoq currently release alsowys the latest release if he do not work with github anymore?
Maybe Marcoq will combine all these mods, who knows.

You can find links to latest releases 3.7-19C from marcoq and ackmaniac on stancecoke's github.
Mbrusa has published only on Jobike, for that you must replace 3 files in a directory from the marcoq version.
Marcoq published his releases most on Jobike forum and here in this topic too

'Edit'

After 2 hours of testing different settings and test rides I understand the difference between modes and levels! :D

godofglow said:
.... I understand the difference between modes and levels! .....
:thumb:
In that case it should be nice for starters if you share your observations and choices.

Elinx said:
godofglow said:
.... I understand the difference between modes and levels! .....
:thumb:
In that case it should be nice for starters if you share your observations and choices.

1/ MODES vs LEVELS
I think in general it is really needed to understand that the different Modes (STREET, OFFROAD (which is STREET off), eMTB, BOOST) do NOT have any direct dependency to the MODE (0 to 4).
Because of the limited possibilities on the OEM displays only the activation/deactivation of the MODES is defined in the different LEVELS.
Which is really hard to understand at the beginner level based on the existing

2/ My SW
I startes with the latest version vom Ackmaniac, because it seems currently best supported, available at GitHub and a motor-current controlling sounds for me logical.
I also tested the extension from mbrusa - but I think not really useful at the XH18.

3/ My Settings
Attached the current settings. (48V 750W XH18 13S3P)
Because I using a 'normal' bicycle i do not need any eMTB or BOOST mode.
I adaptes the also the soft start because it was to slow.

4/ My current wishes
Could be great if there is a possibility to deactivate the BOOST and eMTB completely.
Just not to be able to activate it...

But i will have further test rides in the future....

Attachments

• 2019-11-09 14_41_44-TSDZ2 Controller's Parameters Configurator.png
    2019-11-09 14_41_44-TSDZ2 Controller's Parameters Configurator.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,237
@godofglow :thumb:

Maybe interesting for starters with marcoq's configurator.
Besides Ashrambo and Elem on their blogs, DarkRider81 on the Jobike forum, has made a document too, with a guide how to setup the configurator. All did this in their own language. So you need Google translate for your own language.

Ashrambo (Spanish)
Elem (French)
DarkRider81 (Italian)

FYI: I have download the DarkRider81 .doc file and translate it to English:

Attachments

• 2019117133329_Manuale provvisorio 1.1 Tsdz2_English.doc
    404 KB · Views: 351
Elinx said:
@godofglow :thumb:

Maybe interesting for starters with marcoq's configurator.
Besides Ashrambo and Elem on their blogs has DarkRider81 on the Jobike forum made a document with a guide how to setup the configurator. All did this in their own language. So you need Google translate for your own language.

Ashrambo (Spanish)
Elem (French)
DarkRider81 (Italian)

FYI: I have download the doc file and translate it to English:
translation of DarkRider81 doc (English)

Ah, there is still one open question - esspecially because of the XH18.

Based on the description from Ashrambo (https://ashthinkings.blogspot.com/) there is one in inconsistent

/ First part
DEFAULT PARAMETERS -> E02 (Level 0)
STREET MODE ENABLED -> E02 (Level 1)
OFFROAD MODE ENABLED -> E03 (Level 1)
BOOST MODE ENABLED -> E03 (Level 2)
BOOST MODE DISABLED -> E02 (Level 2)
EMTB MODE ENABLED -> E03 (Level 3)
EMTB MODE DISABLED -> E02 (Level 3)

/ Second part
in this way for example for the XH18 screen:
with the assistance level 0 selected: (E02 = DEFAULT ON). Reset all modes to default settings
with the assistance level 1 selected: (E02 = OFFROAD ON, E03 = STREET ON).
with assistance level 2 selected: (E03 = BOOST ON, E02 = BOOST OFF).
with assistance level 3 selected: (E02 = eMTB ON, E01 = eMTB OFF).

/ Question
First part:
- Street mode enabled => E02 | Offroad mode enable => E03
- eMTB mode enable => E03 | eMTB mode disable => E02
Second Part:
- Street mode enabled => E03 | Offroad mode enable => E03
- eMTB mode enable => E02 | eMTB mode disable => E01
:? :cry:

=> What are the right codes for STREET/OFFROAD and eMTB at the XH18?

godofglow said:
Please look only to XH18 table from marcoq.
I think Ashrambo got a little confused with Vlcd5/6 table

XH18 SCREEN
errors:
OVERTEMPERATURE -> E06
EBIKE WHEEL LOCKED -> E04
OVERVOLTAGE -> E08
functions:

To switch from one mode to another with the XH18 display, press the "power" button twice.
The "i" button only changes from odometer to tripmeter and resets .

Examples for the XH18 screen:
level 0 selected: (E02 = DEFAULT ON). Reset all modes to default settings
level 1 selected: (E02 = STREET ON, E03 = STREET OFF) or...
level 1 selected: (E03 = OFFROAD ON, E02 = OFFROAD OFF).
level 2 selected: (E03 = BOOST ON, E02 = BOOST OFF).
level 3 selected: (E03 = eMTB ON, E02 = eMTB OFF).

:bigthumb:
Elinx said:
godofglow said:
Please look only to XH18 table from marcoq.
I think Ashrambo got a little confused with Vlcd5/6 table

XH18 SCREEN
errors:
OVERTEMPERATURE -> E06
EBIKE WHEEL LOCKED -> E04
OVERVOLTAGE -> E08
functions:

To switch from one mode to another with the XH18 display, press the "power" button twice.
The "i" button only changes from odometer to tripmeter and resets .

Examples for the XH18 screen:
level 0 selected: (E02 = DEFAULT ON). Reset all modes to default settings
level 1 selected: (E02 = STREET ON, E03 = STREET OFF) or...
level 1 selected: (E03 = OFFROAD ON, E02 = OFFROAD OFF).
level 2 selected: (E03 = BOOST ON, E02 = BOOST OFF).
level 3 selected: (E03 = eMTB ON, E02 = eMTB OFF).

:bigthumb:
where did you get the table from?

wpenner said:
It does not happen often. Maybe once every 60 power cycles. Possibly related to adjusting assist level while screen is still loading, as last two times it happened within 30 seconds of starting my commute. Maybe i'm somehow turning on walk assist or something, not sure how to do that. Does the km/h on the screen stay stuck when walk assist is on; when i experience this "glitch" the km/h value is stuck static on the screen.

I just had this happen as well on AckManiacs 19c-fork (commit "fixed bug for assist level 3"). I fiddled around changing assist levels back and forth and suddenly assist level 0 was speeding on its own. If I switched to assist level1, it was normal again (no auto-run), if I changed back to assist level 0 it auto-ran on its own again. Pretty weird..

godofglow said:
...... the source of the java application....
No, Marcoq has decided to keep the control. You see the notification if you startup the configurator.
Casainho has writed an issue about this on qmarco girhub, but I think Marcoq has never answered this, because for some reason marcoq hasn't visit his repo anymore.

Elinx said:
godofglow said:
...... the source of the java application....
No, Marcoq has decided to keep the control. You see the notification if you startup the configurator.
Casainho has writed an issue about this on qmarco girhub, but I think Marcoq has never answered this, because for some reason marcoq hasn't visit his repo anymore.

Hmmmm, ok. Good to know.
At the end, he is 'just' writing the config.h and safe the values inside the ini files.

Attachments

• config.h
    8.3 KB · Views: 84
Back