new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
My example is for comparison purposes!
DrkAngel said:
36V 16Ah battery: 500 x 20 mile cycles = 1000 miles
36V 8Ah battery: 250 x 8 mile cycles = 200 miles x2 = 400 miles
Demonstrating how battery size affects performance and longevity!
Provided a link to one of the fuller explanations I offered = EG (exempli gratia)
There are many more attempts, by myself and others!

And, shorting a battery is usually a lesson learned ... not some sort of habitual behavior! ...
file.php

Attachments

• thumb1_energize-1454.gif
    thumb1_energize-1454.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 4,566
OK.

I do not have enough cables to make a 10P pack by combining the SONA packs and the Samsung packs at this time.

Also I am breaking down all the packs to 2P and testing them with the voltage meter to see if each pack is in about the same voltage. They were all charged a few days ago so am curious as to what the voltage on each 2P 20 cell pack is now.

That is why I was talking about purchasing a new pack each month awhile the old packs are still operational. When I order my first new pack I can order extra cables for the 10P combo. (SONA and Samsung) I can run the 10P pack and the new pack both. I can use the new pack to get to a destination then switch to the 10P old pack to make it home.

The next month I can buy a second new pack and repeat with that and put the first new pack on a shelf. After several months I will have several new packs broke in about the same condition and then parallel all the new packs for 20 or 30 AH and still have the 12AH old packs (SONA and SAMSUNG) for short trips < 10 miles and a large new pack for 10 to 50 or even 100 miles. :lol:

Thanks for the information.

LC out.

Save your money and buy all packs at once and parallel them together from the start. A little patience and planning goes a long way.

If you can afford to buy new packs, then you should be able to afford a y-cable to combine your Sona and Samsung packs in parallel.

Not having money to not join packs is an excuse. You could probably just cruise around and look for an abandoned <anything electric> and cut the cabling off it and then make up a harness with 10cm of left over solder and half a meter of shrink wrap or electrical tape. Total cost if he didn't have to buy a new roll of anything: <10c.

Almost all mains cabling is rated to a minimum of 10A, to allow for shorting inside the appliance, so use that as a guide. If you need 20A, twist two lots of the cable together. 30A, 3. etc.

That said, I'd rather recommend he save up and purchase 3 lots of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891470196.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6b7f304016oM5A&algo_pvid=2882af66-ac50-4fe1-9817-a02ee204833d&algo_expid=2882af66-ac50-4fe1-9817-a02ee204833d-3&btsid=94e860dd-eb81-4517-966c-5f6e62a1a304&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_55

$240 shipped, 36v 12Ah.

Then, get this, as a monitor and balancer only: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32952888138.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6dda1f8aBJdjjw&algo_pvid=7d7167a8-4b2e-46f3-82e3-5a804c0d63a0&algo_expid=7d7167a8-4b2e-46f3-82e3-5a804c0d63a0-0&btsid=dbd394c6-ed47-421d-86b4-c7ce4645f63f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_55

Why do I recommend this?

1. 30,000 cycle, 30 year life. It will outlive LC.

2. In monitor and balance only mode, it's fool proof. If he shorts it, there's molten metal everywhere, but no damage to the BMS, as the power wasn't going through the BMS. Same with reverse polarity - will destroy the other device, but not the battery.

3. The cells are very tolerant to over and under charge, so even if something goes wrong, the balancer will eventually bring it back to balance, no damage. The screen will also warn him if it is way out of balance.

Doing it this way will basically mean never buy a battery again in his life, unless he starts making cars or longer range motorcycles. 12Ah is big enough to give him decent range, and since it will take a 10C charge, if he needed more range in the future, if he didn't want a bigger battery, he could build a 6 minute charger and just plan out his trip to guerilla charge. 6 mins in a MacDonalds or <choose your favourite burger joint> probably won't even be asked to leave.

Sunder ... you seem to forget who you are dealing with?
LC needs something simple and basic, a complete sealed battery-BMS package, with 1 gender specific (no way to connect wrong) power outlet and 1 different connection charging port. Along with properly ported charger and controller.

Seem LC spends much of his effort destroying, or trying to destroy, his batteries!
What's needed is a truly idiot proof set up!
Perhaps a properly connected and shrink wrapped 6 x 36V 4.4Ah hoverboard battery amalgamation (36V 26.4Ah)?
His 36V 500w motors should never even draw 1C, ensuring extended lifespan.

I love the little hoverboard packs! (mostly because I got such a bargain on genuine Samsung builds)
Typically charge with "homemade" chargers.

S-150-48 Mega-Mod has Volt and Amp meter with pots for adjusting 32-54V and 0-5A.
At 42V I limit at 3.5A charge, want to keep below the 150w rating.

My MeanWell Mega-Mods seem to drift voltage through the added pots, so I intend on another build switching through multiple resisters for a reliable 42V and 40.5V charges. 40.5V as the standard life extending charge and 42V to allow the occasional full BMS balance function.

he could build a 6 minute charger and just plan out his trip to guerilla charge. 6 mins in a MacDonalds or <choose your favourite burger joint> probably won't even be asked to leave.

That statement is nothing short of genius. I could ride my e bike all the way back to NY if the weather allowed.

However I would need to save a great deal of money. 240 for the batteries and another 130 for the balance/charger.

DA has a point also that those little hover board batteries are handy and reliable but would need a good solar charger and nice weather for long trips so basically you are both right.

10 - 50 miles - 30 Ah hover board batteries.

50 - 500 miles - The cells SUNDER posted.

40 mph. :evil: :twisted: :p :idea:

Also it looks like for more money I could build a 60V pack with those cells SUNDER posted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1800W-48V-Brushless-Electric-Motor-For-ATV-E-Scooter-Go-kart-E-Bike-Buggy-Quad/223141874590?epid=855886606&hash=item33f44acb9e:g:tP0AAOSwyXNaFPZM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller-2000W-watt-60V-f-BOMA-Go-Kart-Brushless-BLDC-Electric-Motor-BM1020/163370582920?hash=item2609a54388:g:NjAAAOSwC8pb6kZT:sc:USPSPriority!44708!US!-1

How many of those batteries SUNDER posted would I need for the FX 75-5 motor ? I see these 3 wheel vehicles riding around a lot. Wish I could get one that don't run and strip it down and hook up the FX 75-5 motor. It should get up to highway speeds as those things can't weigh much more than 800 to 1,000 pounds. The controller for the FX motor is 45 kilowatts I think. I might need 1,000 dollars or 1,500 for batteries though so probably not happening any time soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Other-Makes-Slingshot-Grand-Touring-Limited-Edition/333361724894?hash=item4d9de83dde:g:hRsAAOSw4SJdpJgI

https://rqriley.com/the-dynamic-stability-of-three-wheeled-vehicles-in-automotive-type-applications/

Yea, I got some thinking to do. I am glad you guys are posting. Thanks.

LC out.

latecurtis said:
How many of those batteries SUNDER posted would I need for the FX 75-5 motor ?

Every one of those cells can put out 290w sustained, or 430W burst, but I'd leave some buffer as always.

So to drive a 45kw motor, you'd need at least 105 of those cells in some kind of configuration - your choice of voltage vs current for speed vs torque.

I used some larger 28Ah soft prismatic cells, as I needed the better size and weight, and I know I can protect them properly myself. (First protected with 6mm perspex for anti-puncture in case of an impact, then the whole assembly ( including BMS + Charger) in 7mm marine plywood to protect from the elements) However, if you are relying on tuperware containers and duct tape, I'd strongly recommend staying with these hard case cells. They weigh a little more, take up a bit more space, but you'd need to do something really stupid to damage them.

DrkAngel said:
Perhaps a properly connected and shrink wrapped 6 x 36V 4.4Ah hoverboard battery amalgamation (36V 26.4Ah)?
His 36V 500w motors should never even draw 1C, ensuring extended lifespan.

I love the little hoverboard packs! (mostly because I got such a bargain on genuine Samsung builds)
Typically charge with "homemade" chargers.

My 8 Hoverboard packs are still going very strong after about two years and 9000 miles. But then I've run them mostly as 8 in parallel. I spent about $200 on 10 of these. I bought five more about six months ago for about $150. LC has issues with patience and planning. He could save a lot of money if he planned better and was more patient.

wturber said:
LC has issues with patience and planning. He could save a lot of money if he planned better and was more patient.

I've heard the saying "The poor pay twice", and I think that is true here in subtle different ways.

You can buy a good quality, right sized battery pack, and it will last years. 7-8 if you look after it.

Or you can just buy whatever is on special and it will work well for a year or two, and then die.,

You can buy the tools and the right connectors designed for purpose and take the time to learn to do things properly.

Or you can jerry-rig and make mistakes and blow things up and have to buy it again.

But part of the fun is the journey, and if he's learning - even if by the hard way, who are we to tell him how to spend his money and time?

Yeah, I have to laugh at LC.
I have tried and tried and tried to help him.
You have to tell him about 3 times before he even thinks about listening!
Well not quite, you tell him, then you explain to him, then you plead with him, but he still tries his warned against method, fails and suffers ... then maybe, he might, listen.

e.g. His being belligerently ignorant about soldering. After years of frustrations, failures and pleadings for help ... receiving the same advice, dozens of times from many different people, he still refuses to swap the fine pencil tip in his soldering iron for the heavy chisel tip. Instead he suffers and fumes along taking hours to make crappy looking unreliable connections instead of minutes to solder up neat proper connections.

Many would just give up in frustration > at trying to help him, but I persevere.
But yes, I have to step back and laugh, cause it hurts too much to cry ...

Many would just give up in frustration > at trying to help him, but I persevere.
But yes, I have to step back and laugh, cause it hurts too much to cry ...

You have helped DA.

The reason I wont be riding much during bad weather is because every winter I have wiped out on snow or black ice at least once or twice. The last accident when I hit that hole in the grass I did severe damage to my right shoulder. The Ortho doc said I need surgery but declined it as will take 6 weeks to heal and would be in a sling.

I really can't afford to damage the shoulder any more. I can go to Planet fitness on a bus and do cardio. as well as arm curls and really light high reps. for everything else.

Riding an e bike at this time will not help out my cause. Thanks.

LC out.

Again, it's a bit of the "poor pay twice" truism. Having the right tyres and protective gear for winter riding would go a long way in mitigating the risk against just normal summer riding.

As you might remember, I have been managing my cholestrol and blood pressure too, and it's finally in the normal range - healthy even. Back to the low 5s for cholesterol, and 105/70 for my blood pressure. A lot better than the 7.2 and 140/95 it was at, during its worst.

I am currently taking:

1. Krill oil and Tumeric
2. 100mg of Ibuprofen
3. 5mg of rosuvastatin

Every night. All this costs me less than $1 a day. To reduce my chance of dying even 1%? Totally worth it. I am currently only working out once a week, maybe twice when I have more time, but I was for a while successfully hitting 3 visits to the gym a week.

I am no longer Keto, but I am low carb. I don't worry about sugar in fruit, don't worry about the few grams in condiments, I won't peel off batter or any incidental carbs on a meal, but I won't eat anything primarily made of grains, like pasta or bread. I think this has contributed somewhat.

According to the latest Harvard Medical School meta-analysis, the following macro nutrients have the following impact on cardiovascular health:

Transfat - Extremely deleterious
Refined carbs - Deleterious
Saturated fats - Neutral, but most commonly found in foods which have deleterious effects;
Complex carbs - Neutral
Unsaturated fats - protective.

So your best diet would be full of unsaturated fats, complex carbs, and only saturated fats from white meat, and limited unprocessed, untreated red meat (So steak and local butcher made mince, not sausages, bacon, or chain store made meats). Basically, if it lasts longer than 3-4 days in the fridge, it probably isn't good for you.

If you're not riding, this might be the good chance to actually take your bikes off the road, and look at how to do things right - even if it means saving up for the right parts. I can mail you some spares (connectors, low guage wire (10-12 AWG - the 8 to 00AWG is still useful for the electric motorcycle) and similar types of things if I have them left over if you want them, as I have mostly stopped working on electric bikes to focus on electric motorcycles. It's a real pity that I have a fully managed, high quality 16S LiPo in a professionally made case, but can't mail it anywhere, as I am thinking of either giving it away or scavenging the BMS and throwing the cells out.

The option to 3D print anything you might need to clean up your builds as long as you send me the drawings is also still open.

Man, am I a sucker.

I’m empathetic reading about 76 year old wife being cold and offer to send an electric blanket and get zero response. Apparently a battery is more important than a warm and comfortable wife. What a selfish fella. I begin to wonder how honest any of these posts are.

Best solution for me? Unfollowing.

What an unreliable selfish frock.

Nuff.

I’m empathetic reading about 76 year old wife being cold and offer to send an electric blanket and get zero response. Apparently a battery is more important than a warm and comfortable wife. What a selfish fella. I begin to wonder how honest any of these posts are.

Best solution for me? Unfollowing.

That is up to you but I got no reason to lie about anything.

Nobody is cold. I am running a 1,500 watt space heater for now which is keeping the place about 70 degrees. It don't matter any more as the land lord asked me if I wanted to run an electric heater instead of the gas furnace. I told him to get the furnace working as my space heater wont heat the apartment when it gets below freezing outside. The next day the heating and cooling guys were here.

That was about 10 days ago I think and it was 70 degrees outside. The temperature control was only on level 2 and goes up to 10 and was soon 90 degrees inside a few minutes after they left so I turned it down to level 1. The next day the pilot was out again. It just sucks that I can't have a normal furnace with a wall thermostat.

The furnace looks like the Fonz grandfather from Happy days built it. I was born in 65 and that thing is a T REX The guys from the gas company said it was over 20,000 btu. Capable of heating a space about 3 times the size as this unit. It is vented as googled gas furnaces and the non vented units produce carbon monoxide. As long as I hook up a detector for leaks I guess I could run it.

When it gets below 30 outside I will have the landlord come and light the furnace. I do not like messing around with gas, I bought new sheets and a comforter also. I do not trust electric blankets.

My other option is a 250 watt heater close to the bed. It is a attic apartment. Not sure but would guess less than 400 square feet.
May need a sweater when is gets zero degrees outside but that extra heater by the bed could make a lot of difference then.

Thanks though for the offer.

LC out.

Man, am I a sucker.

I guess everybody hates me now for no good reason. :eek:

It has been pretty good weather up until last night when it was about 36 degrees with the wind blowing. I had to run the little heater close to the maximum setting and was about 68 to 70 degrees in most of the apartment. We have a comforter to keep warm but I know for a fact when it goes down to the single digits the space heater can not keep us warm enough.

The solution is the landlord. I spoke with him a few minutes ago and he saw the space heater. He told me that the furnace needs a thermos coupler I think he said. He said it will not be a problem and once the furnace is running properly I can put away the space heater as that gas furnace could heat this place to 80 degrees if it were 20 below zero outside. I will be picking up a carbon monoxide detector at Wall-Mart tonight. The furnace is vented to outside so should be good but I will play it safe and get the detector.

The old landlord in Schenectady was not as quick solving problems in the building. It is why I had to buy a space heater to begin with, This landlord is better. Also when he puts his hand out on the first of the month he only expects 375 bucks. NOT 650 like the guy in NY. I am staying here in my cozy little loft apartment for the winter. We will not freeze. The land lord lives close by and if the furnace does fail I always got the space heater to get thru the night until it gets fixed the next day.

Also Wall mart always has these electric heaters in stock for less than 30 bucks. If I had to I could get a second one and two should be good down to zero degrees but I don't think it will come to that. The furnace was working for awhile before so should be an easy fix. It is 38 degrees outside and I just had to turn the space heater off for awhile as I am getting hot. :lol:

I am not the selfish a _ _ hole this guy is trying to make me out to be. tomjasz owes me an apology. Thanks.

LC out

PS. I am getting a PO. box this month. I will be ordering stuff again. The first thing will be a waterproof thumb throttle. I might order a cheap battery also if in stock. I will be getting a monthly bus pass if I join the gym this month as am not riding the e bike that much especially in rain and snow. I also walk when I can for exercise and am trying to stick to a healthy diet.

latecurtis said:
Man, am I a sucker.

I guess everybody hates me now for no good reason. :eek:

A little bit of catastrophising there? I don't think anyone hates you, although in polite company, if someone makes an offer to you, even if you don't want it or need it, it's still considered polite to thank them and formally decline, not just post as if they hadn't said anything. People don't like being ignored to say the least, let alone when they have made a generous offer.

Case in point - If you're saying that everyone hates you because nobody is posting, then reply to people when they directly address you.

Anyway, it's not personal for me - I've just been busy. After 11 years in the same job, I've been made redundant, but with no severance package (They are using a loophole in the law to do it legally.) So I've been really busy preparing resumes and cover letters, meeting with prospective employers, freshening up my skills, getting out there. After a brief burst of activity on working on my electric bike, it's one of the last things on my mind.

I'll try to be on here more often, once I feel I am ready for a steady flow of job interviews, but once I start work again, I'll be very focused on working hard and making a good impression. I'll try to check in from time to time.

I don't think anyone hates you, although in polite company, if someone makes an offer to you, even if you don't want it or need it, it's still considered polite to thank them and formally decline, not just post as if they hadn't said anything. People don't like being ignored to say the least, let alone when they have made a generous offer.

I went back and looked and do not even see his post. Maybe he took it down or it was short and I missed it. Either way I do apologize for that and hope he reads this. I am sure he had good intentions but I never did trust electric blankets.

After 11 years in the same job, I've been made redundant, but with no severance package (They are using a loophole in the law to do it legally.) So I've been really busy preparing resumes and cover letters, meeting with prospective employers, freshening up my skills, getting out there.

I really hope you find the job you are looking for. I always hated looking for work. My disability covers my bills and basic needs but there is no extra money for private transportation like a car or pick up truck. A part time job even 2 days a week for 100 bucks and 400 extra a month would be great providing it is off the books so it wont effect my disability. So far I found nothing.

I do not want to lose my disability as if the job don't work out for some reason I could be without an income and out on the street in the freezing cold winter. It is not the risk I am willing to take. I have paid over 1,600 dollars for a storage unit 500 miles away and have no chance of moving my stuff here. It is a tragedy.

I have about a dozen or more bikes and many frames and parts. 5 working electric bikes and 6 motors , controllers and extra parts. The FX - 75 - 5 motor is also there and the old Lipos Dan sent as well as 5 desktop computers , play-stations and x boxes 2 and 3 versions. 3 - 32" flat screen TVs. The Ryzen 7 gaming machine alons is worth about 800 on e bay. I don't really want to sell it. There is a 600 watt HPS light system and about 5 aquariums from 45 to 55 gallon. And at least 200 worth of tools including power tools.

Basically nobody I know in Schenectady NY has a vehicle and nobody there I know has any money to buy anything in my storage unit. The few close friends I know are always broke. All their money goes to the greedy land lords there and anything left over to the utility company National Grid. I really don't miss those a _ _ h _ _ es. They are like the Mafia squeezing protection money from small businesses . :lol:

Here in the wonderful city of Canton Ohio nobody has any money either. The pawn shop wont buy any e bike and only want to give me 200 bucks for my Ryzen 7 gaming machine. The reason is Canton is the meth capitol of the world. Everyone here is either smoking meth or doing heroin or crack. Here the drug dealers get all the money instead of landlords. There is just no win for me.

In fact when calling around for storage units in case by some miracle I did get my stuff here one of them told me that their competition which had the cheapest units ; 60 bucks for a 10 by 10. ( I pay 95 a month for in NY) are rebuilding the facility as 20 units were severally damaged due to an explosion as some idiot thought it was a good idea to start a meth lab in a large storage unit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically my entire life is locked up in jail and I pay the bill every month. A U haul one way is 600 bucks plus gas and the bus or train is over 100 bucks to get there. Basically I am completely disgusted. It is sickening and may be paying storage for the rest of my life for stuff I will never see again. Rent back there in upstate NY is 700 to 800 bucks with nothing included. Here it is 375 with all utilities and can get a 1 or 2 bed anywhere in Ohio for about 400 or 450 with heat included some places.

The bottom line is I need a vehicle. We get 200 less in disability and lost almost 400 in food stamps moving here so our total income is about 600 bucks less than it was in NY. However food and beer is cheaper as well as rent so about evens out I guess. The only way I see I can get a pick up truck to haul my stuff is a part time job off the books for cash. 1 or 2 days a week for 8 or 10 bucks an hour. I asked around and is extremely difficult to find here.

No it is not legal and may be considered wrong or cheating is most of your eyes. However is better than going out and doing a grand theft auto. Hijacking a truck , SUV or a van. :lol: The thought has crossed my mind but if I go to jail or prison I will definitely lose everything in my storage unit as I wont be able to keep paying the monthly bill. :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
That is up to you but I got no reason to lie about anything.

Nobody is cold. I am running a 1,500 watt space heater for now which is keeping the place about 70 degrees. It don't matter any more as the land lord asked me if I wanted to run an electric heater instead of the gas furnace. I told him to get the furnace working as my space heater wont heat the apartment when it gets below freezing outside. The next day the heating and cooling guys were here.

I do not trust electric blankets.

Thanks though for the offer.

My wife is 76 years old and had phenomena about a year ago. The place has a furnace but is on the other end of the apartment from where we sleep and the landlord forbids any type of space heater and is grounds for eviction as all utilities are included here.

LC out.
Dude, do you read your posts? First you have a 76y/o wife and can’t run a space heater. Then you can run a space heater, many of which are serious fire hazards. But an a electric blanket, that can’t get knocked over, is UL approved is something to be trusted less than misguided battery experiments. Seriously? And I should apologize for offering $75 in blankets and shipping? BTW, it wasn’t for you. My sympathies lie with the poor woman with a history of pneumonia.

1965? FFS you’re a young man. Apparently just a late (or never) bloomer.

You can probably fix your money, and health, woes by giving up cigarettes and beer?

As the Hub Motor Turns slower and the Lipo Fire Burns dimmer. Try not to feel old. Can we reverse aging ??? Imagine that!!

Dude, do you read your posts? First you have a 76y/o wife and can’t run a space heater. Then you can run a space heater, many of which are serious fire hazards.

Glad to see you are still posting. It was in the lease that a space heater is only allowed if the landlord gives permission to run it.

The house has two units on the first floor and two units on the second floor. There is a furnace in the basement which heats the first and second floors.

I live on the third floor which is an attic studio or efficiency. There is a separate gas furnace which could be in an old episode of Happy Days . :lol: When I told the landlord there was no heat about three weeks ago he came over and gave me permission to run the electric space heater until the furnace was working. He called the heating and cooling guys. The electric heater has built in safety features and plugged into a GFCI wall outlet that has the safety shut off and reset button.

However when the heating and cooling guys came they said it is functional and that they did not change the design in about 40 years. The output is greater than 20,000 BTUs and capable of heating a space about twice the cubic feet of my apartment.

I talked with the landlord and he had to order a thermal coupler and will be here tomorrow to get it going. The problem is with no thermostat the pilot light will go out unless it is turned up to about 1/4 of the way which will heat the apartment well into the 80s if it is 50 degrees outside. When they lit it about 3 weeks ago it was mid afternoon and 70 degrees outside so I had to turn it to the lowest setting. It went out the next day. Ohio is a lot like NY when it comes to the weather. It can be 20 degrees one day and 55 the next day. At night it can go down to 25 and be in the 50s during the day.

You can probably fix your money, and health, woes by giving up cigarettes and beer?

I quit cigarettes back in 2007 when I got a lung infection and took 3 days to smoke one cigarette. My father was diagnosed with throat cancer about a year before. He died in 2009. He smoked Pall Mall non filters most of his life. He was in his late 60s when he passed. Unfortunately my 76 year old girl friend will not stop smoking. I really wish she would quit. I hate the smell.

Also I cut way down on beer and only drink 2 or 3 cans a night on most nights and sometimes not at all. The nights I don't drink I can only sleep about 2 or 3 hours and wake up at crazy times. and have to take naps during the day. I am irritable and all my doctor could do is prescribe sleeping pills. I knew a lot of people who I grew up with that died from taking too many pills. I have severe pain in my shoulders , back and knee all of which surgery was recommended with months of rehabilitation. I wont take pain pills either.

My blood work indicated I have type 2 diabetes. Very high glucose and an abnormal thyroid. I am on blood pressure pills and an acid re flux pill. I take a one a day men's vitamin. Every doctor I see either wants to cut me open , prick me with needles and draw blood or give me more pills. It is how they make their money. I was eating at least 5 pounds of red meat a week for months when I first moved here. I probably have not eaten 2 pounds in a month now. Once a week and a 1/4 pound portion. The same thing with pizza.

I eat sardines or oysters during the day with veggie crackers or mix up a whey protein shake with skim milk. Low sodium V8. I eat baked fish and chicken or rotisserie chicken from Wall Mart and green beans, I stir fry chicken and veggies and even make Jack Mackerel patties, If I am out I eat a payday which is mostly peanuts if my sugar is low. My shoulder hurts a lot both from rotator cuff disease. I still even with this change in diet only lost a pound or two if that. I was about 10 pounds heavier in those pictures at around 240. That was mostly muscle as I was going to the gym in 2014.

I am stuck right at 230 and only 5 foot eight, I walk an average of 3 days a week for 5 miles. Maybe a mile to a mile and a half the other days. I was supposed to have total knee replacement four years ago in NY. The fat just sticks to my belly. My legs and upper body are mostly muscle. It is a genetic issue I face from my maternal side of the family.

The pony tail reminds me of Rob Van Dam from the WWE. The only way I could ever kick like him though would be a cybernetic upgrade and brain implant. Him and Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner were my favorite WWE superstars from 90s and 2,000s

View attachment 2View attachment 1

That is my cloobering time look . It reminds me of The thing Bengerman Grimm from The Fantastic Four "

I am joining planet Fitness next week. It will be difficult. I was a power lifter in my early 30s and bench pressed 375 for 1 max rep. 315 for two or three sets of 5 or 6 reps : over 450 pounds on the squat and dead lift. Now I am limited to 20 or 30 pounds each arm push or pull due to my Aortic Thoracic aneurysm and leaky heart valve. 10 to 20 reps each exercise and limited to 1/2 hour a day and not supposed to strain or go to muscle failure due to blood pressure spikes and over stress. It basically means I need to take it easy. Less means more.

Back in 92 when I was in the state pen. It was called "The Jane Fonda workout." Reason for incarceration was firearm possession and beating up law enforcement officers. I was a model prisoner and the rehabilitation programs and therapy plus lifting weights changed my life. I never returned to prison. Was paroled in 93. I am really not a bad guy. I never did serious harm to any body. I just beat a few people up and never without good reason. I don't look for trouble. Sometimes it just finds me. :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=aortic+thoracic+aneurysm&oq=aortic+thoritic+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.34241j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.webmd.com/heart/qa/what-is-a-leaky-heart-valve

The diet is good but I really need to be a 200 pound person or less than 205 if possible as weight loss is the best way to reverse diabetes. My doctor is disenchanted I have not got more blood work done. I am waiting on that hoping I can lose at least 10 or 15 pounds. Something !!!

My ortho doctor wanted to surgically repair my torn rotator cuff on my visit 2 months ago and said I am eligible for a medical cannibals card state issued due to chronic pain but the cannabis doctor wants 200 bucks and then 25 to the state plus 30 for a copy of my birth certificate and another 15 or 20 bucks to get an Ohio drivers license and then costs about 40 bucks for less than 3 grams at the dispensary. I don't think so. I need a vehicle.

A couple beers at 99 cents a can for a 24 oz Icehouse or a dollar and 16 cents for Bud Ice is not going to make a lot of difference on my wallet. I hope that clears things up. Thanks.

LC out.

PS. Thanks again for posting. You all are my friends and appreciate all the support.

latecurtis said:
As the Hub Motor Turns slower and the Lipo Fire Burns dimmer. Try not to feel old. Can we reverse aging ??? Imagine that!!
Well, with proper diet and exercise you can extend and better enjoy your life ... or prolong the misery ...

Hey LC. I missed your move. Didn't stop posting, just didn't see it till now.
I thought Ohio was going to be better for you. Is there no reason to try and get food stamps there? I know it would come in handy.

I don't remember that I told you I moved to Sunny, sweaty Florida.
It's great, I can ride my bike almost any time I want. Right now I'm recovering from a stupid mistake I made on a turn. Missed the edge of the bike path and went down, hard. I landed on my thermos I carry. I snapped my left arm just below the shoulder. I laid on the ground for about ten minutes before I managed to get up. Crushed the thermos! I road 13 miles where I could be picked up and taken to the ER. It was really strange watching my left hand move all over the handle bars even it wasn't really. I now have a 7 inch titanium nail and 3 screws holding my left are together. Thursday will be a month. I can move my arm in most directions but it hurts a lot.
Surgeon released me 2 weeks ago and said I can ride but I'm not too sure I'm up to it yet.

Glad to see you are still kickin. wasn't too sure you would be back on ES when you moved. I didn't get any notifications that you were posting. K33p iot going.

Dan

I hope you recover. I went down on my right shoulder on or about the 7th of July. It was not the first time. It took me 5 minutes to get up and went to the ER the next day. The thermos is what did the extra damage to you. I landed on the grass. However I was about 232 at the time and also went down on black ice about 6 months before that on the same shoulder.

The weird thing is though even though the right shoulder has the most damage my left one hurts more that the right and only suffered a few small tears in the rotator cuff. This was done to lifting stuff like luggage and bikes in storage. I have not been to a gym in a few years. I think it is because I sleep mostly on my left shoulder as my right is so messed up.

She sleeps on her right side so I hold her for about a couple minutes then have to roll over on my left side to fall asleep. I have a couch cushion I put between my legs due to the degenerative disk disease in my back. I was diagnosed with that way back in 1998 and continued to work heavy duty demolition and construction and lumped trailers for another 10 years or so as I was denied disability in 1998.

Then there is my right knee. I was 18 and should have got a DWI but pulled in my driveway with the cops behind me. I should have walked as was drinking only a few blocks away. I jumped over a wall and my right leg went into a basket ball hoop and then I rolled about 50 feet down a rocky embankment.

The hospital was 20 miles away and after receiving medical attention for torn ligaments and damaged cartilage they gave me a breathalyzer test and was just under the limit by one point for the DWI. I guess they did not want to do the paperwork for the DWAI. as they wanted me to go away for awhile. It was the same police department that I beat the snot out of two officers when I was 16 two years before. I put 5 stitches in one of their heads which was not all my fault.

I was 16 and about 180 pounds but country strong from working with my father in the woods who was a lumberjack by trade since I was 12 years old.The redneck town cop was about 220 pounds and a couple inches taller than me and he pulled out a foot long metal flash light and swung it at my head. I blocked it with my right arm and took it away from him and threw it to the right of me. I did not count on the other skinny cop to try and sneak around behind me and he got clocked in the temple area with the flashlight.

To make matters worse when the bigger cop in front of me tackled me and a steel and wood head bench ( park bench behind me tipped over right on the skinney cops head that was laying on the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: I had two friends watching the entire spectacle and I got my ass kicked when the county Sherri's showed up. :oops: I did 45 days in county lock up.

About a year after the DWI I should have got rolling over the embankment I was in the back seat of a souped up 78 Monty Carlo with a 350 horsepower 350 and was drinking a 1/2 gallon of 80 proof Vodka mostly by myself as the driver and front passenger were tripping on Acid. I did not like acid.

It was foggy and was taking a 30 mile per hour corner at about 60 and the passenger thought he saw something and grabbed the steering wheel. CRASSSHHHHH. Right into a concrete culvert on the side of the road.
The front seat was a one piece bench type seat. NOT bucket. My knees hit the back seat so hard it was almost broken in half.

I was so drunk I did not feel anything and walked about 3 miles home and crashed. I went to get up the next day to take a leak and fell directly on my face. My right knee was about twice the size of the left and could not walk right for about 2 weeks and missed a lot of work at my job in a thruway restaurant.

About 10 years later I was in state prison for violation of probation for a gun charge and assault on those fine officers and started power lifting. I was laughed at at first doing squats as could only squat about 225 to start and was putting up 350 pounds easily on the bench press. My upper body was stronger than my lower and for most people it is the other way around. They did not laugh for long as After a few months was squatting 425 for 4 sets of 4. There were a lot of guys squating 500 and even 600 though but only putting up about 275 or 305 in the bench press. I did 370 for one rep at 225 pounds body weight.

Almost 30 years have passed since then and two attempted homicides I don't want to get into but basically all that has caught up to me and my body is failing now. I am getting old and falling apart. I do sympathize with you Dan. I also know you don't see well. My advice to you is walk if you can. It is great exercise and safer than bike riding. Ride only when it is a nice sunny day and little traffic like bike trails. Heal yourself and work out if you can.

I look forwards to toning up. I never had much definition when lifting weights because just lifted for power. There are fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers. The fast twitch fibers are developed thru heavy weights and fewer reps which is a power routine and develops power. It is why an 180 pound person can squat 500+ pounds. That muscle also lasts or sticks around a lot longer after not working out. Slow twitch fibers are what body builders train for and is higher reps with less weight. 3 to 7 reps for power. 8 to 10 reps build mass. and 10 to 20 reps tone the muscle and burn more fat.

Muscle burns fat naturally and It is what makes definition and with a low body fat like less than 10% you look good during posing contests for body builders.

A power lifter even female may weigh 50 or 100 pounds less than a bodybuilder but lift the same or more weight than the body builder for a single rep. I had nothing better to do for about 3 years when locked up than to study fitness. I read mens health magazines and talked to a lot of people on the power lifting team.

I am now ready to tone up and lose fat. I probably will never be in a body building contest due to my genetics but hope to feel as well as look better. You will need rehabilitation Dan for sure but I encourage you to not stop when you gain full range of motion. Continue to work out whenever you can.

We are not looking to be Hulk Hogan at our age but consistency is the key to success. It is not how long you lift at the gym or how much. 1/2 hour a day and three to 5 exercises 3 to 6 sets of 15 or 20 reps can work as long as it is repeated at least 3 times a week.

Over training is a big mistake I saw all the time. When I got out of prison and went to the local gym I heard muscle heads cursing under their breath as they saw me bench pressing. They would be bench pressing almost every day I was in the gym and doing 8 to 10 sets with like 225 to 250 pounds but struggled with 295 and 305. It was close to their max repetition. I benched heavy about once a week and did other exercises the other days. The day I did bench I warmed up with a couple sets of 15 with 135 and 225 for 10 then went to 295 for 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. :lol: I was accused of using steroids but never did. I just knew what I was doing in the gym.

If I ever get my storage I might start riding the 20" kids bikes again simply so I can plant my feet on the ground instead of falling if something happens. I currently walk most of the time for exercise and got a 31 day bus pass for 22 bucks for places too far to walk.

How much is the cost of living in Florida and are there any cheap places available ???? The land lord got the furnace going but did smell some fumes. I turned it up a little while ago but it seems like it went out again !!!!! I had the kitchen window open a little and the other one by the TV a crack for cross ventilation. Just closed them now. This is a real pain in the ass. I have to cut this short as after I have coffee I am on my way to Wall Mart for a carbon monoxide detector and an air purifier I guess. I am spending money I need for a vehicle. There just is no win.

Mary's son Mike lives in Clearwater Florida but suffers from mental illness and does drugs. Not weed but dangerous recreational drugs. I want absolutely no part in that. If I were to move down there it would be where you are Dan so we could hang out. Let me know as her son will move us down there but am not renting a place in Clearwater.

Mary is mad the AC is out as she turned it on fan when she smoked cigarettes and used it to filter the air. It works but when it goes down to zero degrees it wont be practical. basically living up here in the winter is a pain in the ass. I would rather be down there but then in the summer there is another problem. My lady is Irish and has sensitive skin and in Florida when she was younger was in the hospital from brief exposure to the sun when it was in the 90s down there.

It seems to be a catch 22 no matter what I try to do. Those fortunate enough to have enough money to afford a place up north and migrate to Florida for the cold winter months are the most lucky. My mother is one of those people but she does not want to associate with me because I am not a high class citizen. Most of the people I am related to have their noses so high up in the clouds it is an air traffic control issue.

The smell of fumes has passed but am still getting a monoxide detector and a decent air purifier. The air purifier will be in her designated smoking area so I don't have to smell it. I have been with this woman since 1997, She was an original Woodstock girl from the original gathering back in the 60s. She has not changed much at all. Just gets better like fine wine.

However if I were young and single I would not date any woman who smokes cigarettes even if she were a playboy centerfold. It is a nasty habit to say the least. I would date a female body builder. Not the ones that take steroids and look like men. That is gross. Just ones that have meaty thighs and a barley noticeable 6 pack and toned up arms. Big muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger looks terrible on women.

Thanks.

LC out.

PS. I am taking the 2 - 1/2 mile walk to Wally world now. I really do not know what I would or will do when the day comes I am not healthy enough to walk. :shock: I thank the lord I can walk with my right knee which feels like a head of cabbage when I move it the wrong way. It was bone against bone on the x ray back in 2015. It is a miracle that is does not give me much pain. Only a little once in awhile if I bend it too much. I will probably take a bus back so don't have to carry much. I notice my shoulder hurts a lot more when carrying a heavy back pack. I will probably join Planet Fittness tomorrow or some day this week.

As the Hub Motor stops turning and the Lipo Fire stops burning. I hate drug addicts. Let them all perish !!!!!!!!

I almost punched a security guard in the face at Wall-Mart tonight. It is a good thing I took ART. Aggression replacement treatment back in 93 before I went to the parole board. It changed my life.

I ordered a deep dish pizza about 1/8 of a mile from Wall-Mart. It was 5 after 9 PM when I checked out at Wall-Mart and the bus back shows up at about 9 : 15 PM. I only bought the Carbon monoxide alarm for about 15 bucks and a 32 buck air purifier. On the way out the door the alarm went off. I showed the security guard my receipt and the air purifier did not fit in my back pack and the alarm was in my pack with the receipt.

I also pointed out the cashier who was a midget about 3 feet tall but I pointed right at her and told the security guard she just checked me out. The guard started hollering at me and told me to walk thru the detector again and the alarm went off a second time. I said listen I got a bus to catch and if I miss it I will be standing in the rain for about 2 hours waiting for some late bus. His response was " I don't care about no damm bus " this guy was just rude. and he waved the carbon monoxide detector in front of the alarm detector for a second time and the alarm went off again. I showed him the receipt for a second time. The look on his face was pure disdain.

https://www.google.com/search?q=disdain&oq=disdain&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3729j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I just made the bus with about 5 minutes to spare. :)

He really wanted to lock me up and I know why. It is because this city is full of drug addicts who run out of money and go to places like Wall- Mart to steal. I am not stupid. I was a victim. The security guard was a total a _ _ hole but he acted that way because of drug addicts. Honest citizens have to pay the price due to their behavior. They steal stuff and then send someone else to return the items then get a store gift card to buy stuff and then return that with a receipt for a cash refund. It also causes prices to go up in stores so this behavior effects all of us.

It is the second time in a month a security guard gave me a hard time. Mary was in the ER last month with her son John to get an inhaler as she is developing C.O.P.D symptoms from the damm cigarettes. and they would not let me back there because they said I was not immediate family. I said I have been with the woman for 22 years. As soon as I walked in security gave me a hard time because I had a laundry cart as when her son took her to the ER. I dried my laundry I washed at home a few blocks away and had it in a little cart with wheels they sell at the family dollar. The security guard thought I was homeless and probably a drug addict.

Drug addicts ruin it for respectable citizens. The carbon monoxide detector works good It did not go off so I am good. Got the air purifier going also. It is time to drink some beer. :lol:

YES. A Dolph Lundgren movie I don't think I ever saw. I turned the furnace up a notch and is warm and just saw the beginning of the movie on the Roku TV stick. this is awesome !!!

https://movieweb.com/exclusive-dolph-lundgren-makes-direct-contact/

That movie rocks. One of my favorite actors.

As The Hub Motor turns and the Lipo Fire Burns. Latecurtis a philosopher ?????

A person with any intelligent level can increase their IQ by associating with people who are really smart. likewise hanging out with people dumb as a box of rocks you will get stupid.

I value all of your opinions and consider many of you as smart as myself and some even smarter.

However overall intelligence can not accurately be measured by some IQ test. Human brains either reject or absorb information. The way to control this is to associate with stupid people or smart persons. This is why I stay on this forum, Most people here have valuable information and are helping out our environment. I support renewable energy 100%. I respect persons more intelligent than myself.

I will support my theory of associating with smart people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OwZjsi0D0

My first offer of evidence. No I will never be a real genius. However This guy I will study closely as he is special. Very special on his perception of our reality. He has a special power to perceive functions of common everyday life most of us including persons with extremely high I Q s could easily miss. In common layman's terms he sees things most people don't. His brain is unique. Is he a genius ? In his own way I think yes. He has a special gift. George Carlin is a legend.

This person unfortunately is deceased. I have moved on and respect current scientific minds that are still alive. My favorite one to explore is this guy. This guy is a real genius. He is special and any interaction with him will increase your IQ as well as my own. :D He is on my TV right now. I get you tube on the Roku stick as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_gcs09iThXybpVgjHZ_7g

Matt O,Dowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpDHn8viX8

I am looking hard at this theory. What are your thoughts. Please share.

LC out.

11/12/19. 7:31 PM.

19 degrees outside and going down to 15 in a few hours. My timing was perfect getting that furnace going yesterday. Not looking forwards to walking to the store. I am going to freeze my ass off out there.

11/12/19 9:20 PM.

Was not as bad as I thought. three layers under my coat and sweats under my jeans with an extra pair of socks worked. Two hoodies and a cap and gloves. I almost started sweating. There is no wind so that definitely helped a lot. 18 degrees now and will be 15 at 6 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back