Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Big_Lez said:
Offroader said:
Jasonjm said:
Offroader did that shinko 3 inch x 18 tire fit on thr stock sur Ron rim? No rubbing on the sides against frame?

Good quesiton, I didn't actually try and see if it would fit. Considering a 3.5" shinko 241 tire just about fits, this should fit no problem.

It doesn't seem to be all that much wider than the stock tire also.

I liked the stock Sur-Ron tire but it wore out way too quickly in the rear. Maybe 400-500 miles to completely wear down. The stock tire also seemed to break traction easily, I believe it just was not wide enough for good traction and I was easily always spinning it off road and ripping up grass and dirt. The shinko 241 size 2.75 tires are not designed for the rear or rear traction and are designed for the front and they have harder tread compound and not as deep knobs.

The shinko 241 3.00 size tires I found offered really good traction in the rear. I used a 17x3.00 241 tire on my 8 KW hub motor bike and it had very good traction off-road. It is yet to be seen how my 18x3.00 tire holds traction on my mid drive Sur-ron. I believe it should hold up really well considering it is wider, designed for rear traction, soft compound and long knobs. I run about 12 PSI in it also to help with the traction.

I'm more thinking how it is going to go fitting the 18" tyre on a 19" rim - can't wait to hear how you go though - if so the 3.0 x 18" will be my next rear tyre.

Off road will have to re-lace with an 18 x 1.40 or 18x1.60 rim.

https://electrek.co/2019/11/09/voge-er-10-electric-motorcycle-eicma/

Uses Sur Ron motor/battery pack.

Love the look!

I need to remove rear seat section to fit bike into small storage area-
the 4 allen bolts that hold rear seat frame are Super Tight -

has anyone removed these bolts ?? were they super tight ??

Im concerned about rounding out allen head -

installed supermoto wheels and rode on nice grippy concrete parking lot
tires gripped well - big lean // no sliding at all - FUN
first time ever riding on large concrete parking lot ( Quiet Bike )

CST tire wear was surprisingly a Lot -
one hour of circles and tire wear is visible -

Thanks -

nearly zero....3.5/17 is pretty high
compared to the CST stock its a bit higher because the stock cst is completly out of "real sizes" :D

if you wanna play around with tire sizes....

click here...
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=70-100r19-90-100r17

for the front i find my sweet spot today.

80/90/21 metzeler 6days

equivalent size to 26x2.5 bicycle.

stock Surron 19x1.4 with stock CST 70/100/19 has 4.5Kg/10lb

19 x1.6 sm pro rim
70/100/19 shinko holeshot weights 5,5Kg/12,12lb (Tire, Rim, Tube, Disc...complete Wheel)

21 x1.6 sm pro with
80/90/100 (also complete wheel) has 5,75Kg/12,6lb

SAS 26x3.0 Razorback (complete wheel) 3.25Kg/7.10lb

so on the stock front surron just 1,25Kg/2,75lb

3DTOPO said:
dirkdiggler said:
While the X160 and X260 are based on the Sur Ron platform, Segway did more than slap a few stickers on them. Julie explained that the company re-engineered the design in critical places to make the bikes more robust and improve earlier issues with the original design.

Without mentioning any specifics, it just sounds like marketing smoke and mirrors to me.
Maybe they changed the BMS. That was the cause of almost every problem I heard of.

racingame said:
Marketing gimmicks aside, I read 3000$ for the X160 and 4500$ for the X260, and additional discount for preorders. This fact alone will put Luna monopoly in sever danger. I guess Chinese people don't care too much about loyalty: when the big fish shows up asking for 10k+ units, they will be more than pleased to say goodbye to the old distributor. :lol:
That's more than Luna charges.

I weighed the stock Sur Ron 19" 70/100 tires and the shinko 241 18x3.00 tire.

Stock Sur-Ron tire = 4.5 lbs
Shinko 241 18" 3.00 = 7.5 lbs

That is a bit of additional weight that you may feel in the rear. The Sur-Ron tires are decent tires they just wore out way to quickly in the rear. 500 miles is just too quick wearing to keep changing them out.

That being said the Sur Ron stock tires are perfect for the front, they wear very slowly and are light and flexible.

As soon as I get the shinko laced up I can compare the two and see which one is better with taking into account the additional 3lbs of weight in the rear.

Offroader said:
I weighed the stock Sur Ron 19" 70/100 tires and the shinko 241 18x3.00 tire.

Stock Sur-Ron tire = 4.5 lbs
Shinko 241 18" 3.00 = 7.5 lbs

That is a bit of additional weight that you may feel in the rear. The Sur-Ron tires are decent tires they just wore out way to quickly in the rear. 500 miles is just too quick wearing to keep changing them out.

That being said the Sur Ron stock tires are perfect for the front, they wear very slowly and are light and flexible.

As soon as I get the shinko laced up I can compare the two and see which one is better with taking into account the additional 3lbs of weight in the rear.

Even when brand new, the stock tires look halfway worn down compared to the Bridgestone M403 and Maxxis Maxxcross IT tires I run.

I got 1500 miles on the rear Bridgestone for it to be worn down to about the same level of tread as a brand new stock tire. On the front, even after 1500 miles the tread on the front was nearly like new - but I switched that to the Maxxcross for different reasons.

Of course, milage will vary if you are mostly riding on paved surfaces, as mine only roll over dirt.

Sur-Ron at EICMA..

"A guy on the sur-ron booth revealed on the Chinese new year they will reveal Light Bee Pro, which will be something in between Light Bee and Storm Bee.."

75095318_546333412875439_4571872139744903168_n.jpg

Aebrennan said:
Unfortunately it’s false information.

Fake news? Bummer. That would be perfect. I sold my Alta because I has having too hard of a time manipulating it around due to my TKR Surgery. I am looking for something undeer 150 pounds and this could be the best option yet.

Rix said:
Fake news? Bummer. That would be perfect. I sold my Alta because I has having too hard of a time manipulating it around due to my TKR Surgery. I am looking for something under 150 pounds and this could be the best option yet.

wait until chinese new year to make judgment.. while its not yet confirmed, hearing from multi sources.. luna offered the ludicrous LB, and others are offering power upgrades, so why not factory direct.. one thing is for sure, this company is not sitting still..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Rix said:
Fake news? Bummer. That would be perfect. I sold my Alta because I has having too hard of a time manipulating it around due to my TKR Surgery. I am looking for something under 150 pounds and this could be the best option yet.

wait until chinese new year to make judgment.. while its not yet confirmed, hearing from multi sources.. luna offered the ludicrous LB, and others are offering power upgrades, so why not factory direct.. one thing is for sure, this company is not sitting still..

Is the Chinese New Year in late January? I can wait until spring.

If the chart on Surron pro is true, why would they still be using 60v? Especially if it's going to hit 90kph(55mph).
Oh well, something else to wait for. Always something around the corner.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Rix said:

I hope it's legit - but seems like 12KW would be more realistic than it running the same power as the Storm Bee...

Back