Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

To answer my own question.
You can connect on 12s 😀

And I can see and change the voltage value for the throttle

But something is Strange. Carrie told me, they would set up the controller for my Qs mid drive 3000watt.

But these are my settings.
Model number : Em100. This is not true, i have Em150sp.
And motor type : surface Mount. But the mid drive has V-shape right ??

http://www.coot.dk/Gokart/votol-1.jpg

http://www.coot.dk/Gokart/votol2.jpg

Larsb --- > Do you have some screen shots of the correct settings ?? I dont trust the manuel.... Its soooo "chinglish" and mis labeled

larsb said:
Those settings doesn’t matter. The only thing preprogrammed that’s really done by QS is the phase angle setting. The rest needs to be checked and set by the user - and it’s already in this thread.

Carrie told me, that the em-150 always was set up for the qs mid drive motor 3000watt. But to me its look like at least i need to check "v shape magnets" right ? Angel of 60 is okay ? 120 battery amps seems to low also....

larsb said:
No, but you can check my rieju conversion thread. I fix a pot throttle with resistors for the votol

Thanks, resistors helped

Another question, I have 24s battery (100.8v max), in Votol's config selected appropriate voltage and everything was fine till full battery charge.
For now controller is detecting by software, software detecting buttons (reverse) and rpm if you rotate wheel by hands, but doesn't react to throttle.
Are there any special secrets to run Votol at 24s?

SilentEnduro said:
larsb said:
No, but you can check my rieju conversion thread. I fix a pot throttle with resistors for the votol

Thanks, resistors helped

IMG_20191116_102525.jpg

Another question, I have 24s battery (100.8v max), in Votol's config selected appropriate voltage and everything was fine till full battery charge.
For now controller is detecting by software, software detecting buttons (reverse) and rpm if you rotate wheel by hands, but doesn't react to throttle.
Are there any special secrets to run Votol at 24s?

What controller ?? Em-150 do not like 24s

How many ohm are those resistors ??

You need hardware capable of the correct voltage, those settings doesn’t allow a 100v max mosfet or cap to be used above 100V. Safe voltage is around 21-22s lipo for a 72V controller

Let’s hope it’s not already broken

larsb said:
You need hardware capable of the correct voltage, those settings doesn’t allow a 100v max mosfet or cap to be used above 100V. Safe voltage is around 21-22s lipo for a 72V controller

Yeah, it's alive)))
Just put it to 88.99v and works perfectly. Now need to adjust bms and drop 2 cells from battery))
Thanks for clarification.

SilentEnduro said:
larsb said:

Yeah, it's alive)))
Just put it to 88.99v and works perfectly. Now need to adjust bms and drop 2 cells from battery))
Thanks for clarification.

Remember that voltage spikes, easily exceeds that.

Regarding my em-150sp, that seems like a Em-100 in the software. The busbar current is also set at 120amp. But isn´t it higher on em-150sp ?? I was under impression that it was 180 amp ?

larsb said:
You can set it however high you want with incresed risk for explosions. I run 250A but i don’t claim it’s safe.

You run 250a busbar current on em-150sp ?? :shock: :shock: Could the feel any different going from 120/180a busbar current, to 250a ??

larsb said:
Yes, off course.

Nice to know, that changing numbers actually change settings IRL. The software seems a little buggy. I´m putting this controller on a gokart i´m building. Looking forward to play with these numbers.

Btw. are you using that "speed/boost mode" option in the controller ?? If yes, how is it done. Do i need to connect a wire to B+ or what ?? Or have you just set the 3 speed modes at 99%, and "three speed default gear" at High ??

been testing my qs2000w motor and votol em100 today, this motor pulls very well indeed, infact its a bit overkill for my little bike! but oh my is it good fun! :lol: :lol:

the controller busbar was pre set to 85 amps and bumping it to 100 made a very noticeable difference and 150 amps in sport mode is pretty insane..

however I notice in the controller config that in sport mode it has a flux weakening value set to 2400/2400 is flux weakening always enabled in sport mode? is it worth leaving this setting as is or am I better of setting the values to 0? i prefer low end torque (not that its lacking any!!!) and not really after a higher rpm or top speed..

a lot of power for 10" wheels!

ZERONEST said:
been testing my qs2000w motor and votol em100 today, this motor pulls very well indeed, infact its a bit overkill for my little bike! but oh my is it good fun! :lol: :lol:

the controller busbar was pre set to 85 amps and bumping it to 100 made a very noticeable difference and 150 amps in sport mode is pretty insane..

however I notice in the controller config that in sport mode it has a flux weakening value set to 2400/2400 is flux weakening always enabled in sport mode? is it worth leaving this setting as is or am I better of setting the values to 0? i prefer low end torque (not that its lacking any!!!) and not really after a higher rpm or top speed..

IMG_20191118_155044856esss.png

Nice build.
How do you set it in Sports mode, when you drive ?

SilverLine said:
ZERONEST said:

Nice build.

Cheers! Just simply connect the two pins yellow/white and the negative black wire via switch, or simply bridge the connector

ZERONEST said:
SilverLine said:
ZERONEST said:

Nice build.

Cheers! Just simply connect the two pins yellow/white and the negative black wire via switch, or simply bridge the connector

Thanks man....

I think the phase angle shift setting at 60 degrees is already slightly advanced from neutral. This creates field weakening.

kV without flux weakening is 59 in qs report. If you have full voltage, 84V when you test then rpm is 4944
So 5000rpm or slightly above is not necessarily incorrect, depends on test voltage.

larsb said:
I think the phase angle shift setting at 60 degrees is already slightly advanced from neutral. This creates field weakening.

kV without flux weakening is 59 in qs report. If you have full voltage, 84V when you test then rpm is 4944
So 5000rpm or slightly above is not necessarily incorrect.

Yeah, hall shift is set to 60.
What should be there to avoid field weakening?

P.s. over 5k I mean 5500-6000 on 75v

Back