Lowering shipping costs for Frey bikes...

cloudcover

10 mW
Hello there!

I'm really intrigued/interested by the new Frey CC bike, which looks to be a great commuter/city bike option with an excellent combination of hardware/components, etc. I'm fine with the price of the bike but it looks like it's a whopping $800 to ship to the U.S.! :shock: Do any of you have experience with these kinds of situations and possibly have ideas/suggestions for ways to manage/mitigate that expense? For example, I'm wondering if there's a way to organize a "group buy" or something like that? Or maybe there are other ideas that I'm not thinking of.

Would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thanks!

That's not too bad. It's airmail. I'd be skeptical about the bike itself though. And it's really slow.

flat tire said:
That's not too bad. It's airmail. I'd be skeptical about the bike itself though. And it's really slow.

"Really slow" Compared to what?

A group buy might allow for a drop from US$ 800 to about US$ 200.
It would require customers to wait until Frey can collect sufficient orders and group them together in one shipment.

Please PM me if interested.

Frey is planning to do this group buy for customers in North America.
The idea is to collect orders and arrange a group shipment.
This group shipment will allow the transport costs to drop from US$ 800 to US$ 300 per bike.
The delivery will be ex warehouse in the USA, most likely in California, hopefully in April.

Frey will post a new thread in the For Sale section to keep the threads here clean of commercial activities.
Or send Ivy or me a PM for details.

Here is the thread; https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=103540

Back