Why does my CA v3 mph keep blinking

I had the same problem, hooked it upto my laptop. reset to default and downloaded 3.14. now it works, don't ask me why, im not a computer guy but that's what I did.

It means you've reached the speed limit you've set in the CA's setup menus.

If you use the left button once to get to the diagnostic screen, you'll see a capital S during those times, and a lowercase s the rest of the time.

I recommend reading up on the Grin Tech CA3 product info page, which describes the various menus and setup options, and what they do, as well as the various screens the CA has and what info is displayed on each one. The CA3 manual is also there, and it explains the various limiting features as well.

Then you can setup the various limits to do what you want, or turn them off (where applicable) for things you don't want limited.

Unless you are using it only for monitoring, and do not have it's throttle output connected to your controller(s), then if you don't read the manual, and go thru the whole CA3 setup menu set, completely, to ensure it's all setup the way your system needs it to be set to make it operate like you want, you may get unexpected and undesirable and possibly even what will seem like "unpredictable" behavior from your system, potentially at the worst possible time.

It's a complex device, with a lot of interactions between various settings. :/

Makes sense as I heard a boom a Sonic boom I had the cav3 set at mach 1.
Ok found CA set at 40mph I go 43mph. I reset it but it still blinks ??? After unplugging and repluging it

have you downloaded the cycle analyst setup utility from grin technologies website to your computer and connected your bike/ca3 to your computer. theres a step by step process youre supposed to go through. I read it somewhere here on endless sphere I think.

As long as the CA's speed limit is set significantly higher than any speed you will reach, it won't attempt to limit (which is the blinking).

It can be changed via the built in menus, or it can be changed by the setup program on a computer via the serial/ usb cable. Same thing either way.

If it's set close enough to the speed you're going, it'll still blink to advise you it's about to limit, IIRC.

But if it's set below the speed you're going, it's going to blink because it's telling you you're exceeding the limit you set.

Back