Tesla Cybertruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonescg said:
It's certainly not to my taste, but good on them for being so totally different.

I mean, it's a truck. It's designed to do a job and look like a family wagon is not one of them. The price is pretty good for it's capabilities. Why Bollinger couldn't do something with these numbers, for even twice the price I don't know.

Battery cell sourcing and R&D - Bollinger couldn't absorb those like Tesla can, so they passed them onto their customers.

John Delorean made a stainless car :)

Design don't lend itselfs to pedestrian safety much i guess they have said it's uncrashable again and won't strike no people in the first place but tell that to the person pushing a push bike in front of the uber god rest they sole.

Ianhill said:

Design don't lend itselfs to pedestrian safety much i guess they have said it's uncrashable again and won't strike no people in the first place but tell that to the person pushing a push bike in front of the uber god rest they sole.

Think of the children! Think of the puppies! There will be blood on the streets!

The styling is certainly bold. It reminds me of the "futuristic" vehicles from movies in the 1970's.

The first round of Tesla trucks will be pre-sold, but...I expect sales of these to drop off rapidly, and for Tesla to radically change the styling. However, the good news is that the shape of the body panels will change every few years regardless, so changing them to a more "normal" shape a couple of years after the introduction is easy to do.
(car image is the 1977 Lotus from "James Bond")

james-bond-lotus.jpg

and of course..."Bladerunner"
vqgzwt4rt7041.jpg

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
but Ford just breathed a huge sigh of relief.
in no way has the dualie crew-cab redneck market segment lost a single sale.

Now we just have to wait for Ford to build a proper electric truck. They will quickly realize that going with "expected panels" means you have to add 40% more battery capacity for the same range. Then they will quickly realize the machine comes out... quite heavy, and would have a much harder time going through sketchy terrain such as muddy farm land. Yeah, I guess nothing to lose for either camp of "believers."

cricketo said:
Ianhill said:

Think of the children! Think of the puppies! There will be blood on the streets!

There's already blood on the streets.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Soon the world will have to awaken from its fever dream.

There won't be any easy changing of body panels as it's a monocoque - a design apparently so revolutionary in the pickup world that Elon took great pains to repeatedly explain the principle of it :lol:

I have doubts about a 4 door pickup selling very well. I hope Musk didn't shoot himself in the foot trying to please everybody.

I think that there is a need for a mid range electric work truck but this isn't it. Could you imagine that truck/car with a tool box in the back. :lol:

billvon said:
Balmorhea said:
There's already blood on the streets.
True. Let's hope that autonomous vehicles (even level 1 and 2) come sooner rather than later.

Let's hope they have more sympathy for thier enviroment than this Pyle of 💩, the whole point of going to a battery car is for a sustainable future if we then add 0-60mph of 3 seconds the energy consumed doing so offsets the point of oil and gas inefficiency the future lies elsewhere for the masses this looks like a halfway step to a military vehicle on the streets.

If this thing is at full chat I wouldn't want to be in its way even in a concrete bunker !

I kinda like the exterior design.

It vaguely reminds me of the Big Trak
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Trak
from when I was a kid,
Big_trak_white_background.jpg

but it looks more like some of the stuff from Blade Runner, as noted before.

I ordered two of them last night. The 240v ac outlet alone will save me $12k per truck in not having to buy Miller Bobcat diesel driven welders. The fact that its stainless and runs off of the the sunshine that hits our office building is just extra icing on the cake. Could care less that people think about what a work truck looks like.

The fingers said:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2019/11/22/elon-musk-net-worth-cybertruck/ :pancake:

Baird analyst Ben Kallo is more bullish, arguing that the Cybertruck’s advanced features will win over customers despite its unusual design. Kallo also dismissed the demonstration accident. “While this was unfortunate and provided some good meme fodder, ultimately we do not think the broken window is particularly significant and should not overshadow the rest of the unveiling,” he wrote. “Ultimately we view this as a funny footnote.”

Now that's a guy who gets it.

The demonstration did little to inspire confidence in the Cybertruck, especially given its radical design. Tesla’s share price has dropped by 6% since the market close yesterday, pushing Musk’s net worth down by $768 million in a single day, to $23.6 billion. The 48-year-old founder is the 41st-richest person in the world.

That says it all for me times are still ruff no mention of company debt in any of that mumbojumbo,
Confidence in the truck is mixed there's the sheep that would jump in a lamb for their furher they could be heard baaa'ing in the release video and attend every elon event because face it he can 👉👌 who ever he likes woman and the 🇲🇺 community alike are powerless to him he should be a marvel character" Mr smooth, slippery as a condom".

Ianhill said:
That says it all for me times are still ruff no mention of company debt in any of that mumbojumbo,
Confidence in the truck is mixed there's the sheep that would jump in a lamb for their furher they could be heard baaa'ing in the release video and attend every elon event because face it he can 👉👌 who ever he likes woman and the 🇲🇺 community alike are powerless to him he should be a marvel character" Mr smooth, slippery as a condom".

Is that what's on your mind right now, 👉👌 ? Well, maybe you shouldn't tell anyone :lol:

Adults don't eat with they fingers 😋,
Whats on my mind is why was morpheus in the back of what ever the low pixel count block is called, is it so elon could use super high resolution texturing for himself the pause and stick your teeth out goof he has acquired seems some sort of new AI algorithm he got going on to woo a crowd, but ultimately the biggest one on elons mind and in his palm is this throbbing hardon he has for stainless steels.

Here is the latest article on the CyberTruck on the Verge, they keep making new articles with a half mix of new and old photos
https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/22/20976539/tesla-cybertruck-test-drive-electric-truck-pickup-video-features-price-elon-musk

I think people underestimate how much people in the pickup-truck/ute market will like this vehicle.
In Australia "half weird ugly sporty" utes are so common it's ridiculous and they are the best sellers.
If you don't own a pickup truck then it's hard to understand the market. I think in Australia this is the perfect path for "ugly weird" ute market wants to go.

Look at the most popular pickup trucks in Australia. They literally have made them into sports cars...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Ute

[youtube]vmpCWEAapQY[/youtube]

2014_Holden_Ute_%28VF_MY14%29_SV6_utility_%282018-10-01%29_01.jpg

Ianhill said:
Whats on my mind is why was morpheus in the back of what ever the low pixel count block is called, is it so elon could use super high resolution texturing for himself the pause and stick your teeth out goof he has acquired seems some sort of new AI algorithm he got going on to woo a crowd, but ultimately the biggest one on elons mind and in his palm is this throbbing hardon he has for stainless steels.

I really wish your father didn't let his boyfriend discipline you growing up.

Love Elon or hate him, he's clearly inside your head as you'll clearly talk about him to anyone who will listen.

I think it's ugly.

I also put a pre order in.

It does everything I want it to, the ramp out of the tail gate was the final push over the purchase decision edge. Getting my motorbikes into the tray couldn't get any simpler.

It also looks like it'll handle my driveway which is a huge part of any of my purchasing decisions :lol:

st35326 said:
Ianhill said:

I really wish your father didn't let his boyfriend discipline you growing up.

Love Elon or hate him, he's clearly inside your head as you'll clearly talk about him to anyone who will listen.

If your father wasn't also your grandfather and your mother just had her single role his daughter you may have the brains to have held back and had a look at the 110/220v supply you plan on using your inductive welder for before you spend $40000 to save $12000 twice, you sound like an embred by there so call me a product of a gay marriage nothing all wrong with 🤵🤵 are you against gay marriage then ? luckily I got a good family proper mam and dad I couldn't wish better for sly dig that is with crap precision.
I'm happy with my sexuality sexual preference and girlfriend of long time I didn't get offence to any body you took it there lol touchy proberly becuase you just got suckered into putting down the deposit for 2 of these 🤣
Speak your mind but watch how you abuse people I never had a vicious dig at you before you stated so it's same back at you then, i may not have a decent mother father/ family and could come from a care system with troubled past and you go bashing same as you could really be an embred.

Lordy. Can we maybe stay on topic? Slinging mud at each other or even Elon is not required.

God only knows what Mauritius flag has to do with anything unless that was mistakenly used instead of something derogatory..... Sigh. In which case, seriously?

Anyway back on topic, the number of funny memes coming out of this launch is pretty entertaining :)

Interestingly I don't personally know anyone who has ordered or owned a Tesla in my circle of friends and now I know a couple who have pre ordered a cybertruck. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back