Tesla Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received 5% more power and full stop regen, thanks Tesla! It's amazing that my car has gained so many new features since purchasing it. Can't wait to get rid of the other car for Tesla #2 (maybe a Y). Keep the good news coming TheBeastiailty!

TheBeastie said:
[youtube]F28i1D1OJ5o[/youtube]

Drag race was confirmed to be FAKE! There is even a screen shot of where the Model S screen shows "Range Mode"
and Top gear admitted to using numbers from a Model S that was 2 years old!

[youtube]IfGLRGGMAGg[/youtube]

Arlo1 said:
Drag race was confirmed to be FAKE! There is even a screen shot of where the Model S screen shows "Range Mode"
and Top gear admitted to using numbers from a Model S that was 2 years old!

No surprises there, as a petrol head from way back I have always considered Top Gear a comedy show.

As a comedy show , it was/is pretty average.
As a “entertainment” show it was very successful.
But, this was from the TG magazine team,..a different bunch of “professional” motoring jurno’s who need a few lessons from R & T, or C & D team who have more experience in producing reliable test results.
Having said that, this still sounds a lot like the wingeing “Sore Loser” syndrome. :roll:
Odd that none of the reputable motoring mags have not published a report on this pairing ?.
( im sure thy have all had the opportunity to do the testing )

Hillhater said:
Having said that, this still sounds a lot like the wingeing “Sore Loser” syndrome. :roll:
Odd that none of the reputable motoring mags have not published a report on this pairing ?.

But thats just the thing the Model S will beat the Porsche hands down in the 1/4.

When advertising performance numbers you better get both cars off by about the same amount in the same direction or at least getting a number close to what another test from another source has gotten. Non of that happened. The clearly got paid by Porsche to fudge the numbers.

But this is not the first time. Last time Top Gear had it they pretended the Original roadster went dead when it still had >25% left.

Arlo1 said:
Hillhater said:

But thats just the thing the Model S will beat the Porsche hands down in the 1/4.
But it didnt ?.. ( 2 separate independent tests), TG repeated the run 5 times. Same result each time.
and has yet to show that it can !
The sensible thing to do is to wait until a “reputable” test is reported ( C&D , R&T, Motor, Autocar etc )

But this is not the first time. Last time Top Gear had it they pretended the Original roadster went dead when it still had >25% left.
They had 2 Roadsters on that test...both had failures that prevented them running,.. ( motor overheated, brake failure )
Musk winged about it then, and even tried to sue TG claiming fake reporting etc....
.. but the courts didnt agree and threw the case out !
Musk took his ball and went home.!

Hillhater said:
Arlo1 said:
Hillhater said:

But it didnt ?.. ( 2 separate independent tests), TG repeated the run 5 times. Same result each time.
and has yet to show that it can ! Links?
The sensible thing to do is to wait until a “reputable” test is reported ( C&D , R&T, Motor, Autocar etc )

They had 2 Roadsters on that test...both had failures that prevented them running,.. ( motor overheated, brake failure )
Musk winged about it then, and even tried to sue TG claiming fake reporting etc....

Non of this last Statement is true. Tesla showed the Data logs proving it was all lies.

https://insideevs.com/news/337052/ex-top-gear-co-host-jeremy-clarkson-changes-his-tune-about-tesla/
Although the automaker didn't win the lawsuit, the Roadster's problems portrayed in Top Gear's segment were fabricated/scripted into a skit as "entertainment" even though it didn't reflect reality.

Thats just a Musk opinion comment.
He tried to argue that in court, and lost..TWICE !
Which part of that last statement is not true ?...
Tesla provided 2 Roadsters for the 2008 TG show., a silver one and a grey one .
They both had failures that stopped them running ( motor over heated, and brake fault)
Musk sued and lost... took the case to the Appeal court and lost again !
Tesla had to pay TGs legal costs.
Musk vowed never to lend cars to TG for review again !.(Thats him taking his ball and going home)
Which part is not true ?

Arlo1 said:
Hillhater said:
Non of this last Statement is true. Tesla showed the Data logs proving it was all lies.
Which makes it a classic HH post. His posts are truthy, not true.

Hillhater said:

Sorry man but this never actually went to court.

Its very clear not you are the one spreading bile

Cybertruck: Tesla truck gets 150,000 orders despite launch gaffe
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50536200

I converted this to GIF for the CyberTruck thread but its become so hot its radioactive and locked.. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=103151&start=25

So it's going here. I think Elon really should be congratulated on making such a bold looking car.
Tesla-cyberTruck.gif

Arlo1 said:
Hillhater said:

Sorry man but this never actually went to court.

Its very clear not you are the one spreading bile
Really ?.. is that what Elon told you ?
I dont know where you get your information from ,..maybe the same place you get your “rose tinted, Tesla filtering “ reading glasses from ? :roll:

Tesla unsuccessfully sued British television show Top Gear for its 2008 review of the Tesla Roadster (2008) in which Jeremy Clarkson could be seen driving one around the Top Gear test track, complaining about a range of only 55 mi (89 km), before showing workers pushing it into the garage, supposedly out of charge. Tesla filed a lawsuit against the BBC for libel and malicious falsehood, claiming that two cars were provided and that at any point, at least one was ready to drive. Paradoxically, the range of 55 mi was calculated by Tesla itself and supplied to Top Gear as an estimate of the car's range.[16] In addition, Tesla said that neither car ever dropped below 25% charge, and that the scene was staged.[17][18][19][20] However, Top Gear frequently stages scenes for comedic effect, for example by showing Jeremy Clarkson having to refuel the Jaguar XJS three times during the review of it.[21] The High Court in London rejected Tesla's libel claim.[22] The falsehood claims were later struck out.[23]....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_and_controversies_of_Tesla,_Inc
AND...
Motor manufacturer Tesla has failed in its latest attempt to pursue a legal action against BBC2's Top Gear over a review of one of its electric sports cars.

The California-based company has been attempting to bring libel and malicious falsehood actions against the Jeremy Clarkson programme.

The review of the £92,000 Tesla Roadster, which first aired in December 2008, showed the car apparently running out of electricity on the Top Gear track and being pushed into a garage to await recharging.

"Although Tesla say it will do 200 miles we have worked out that on our track it will run out after just 55 miles and if it does run out, it is not a quick job to charge it up again," said Clarkson's commentary.
Tesla said the Roadster shown had not run out of charge and did not have to be pushed back into the hangar.

The car firm claimed that the programme had suggested that Tesla had "intentionally and significantly misrepresented the range of the Roadster by claiming that it had a range of about 200 miles in that its true range on the Top Gear track was only 55 miles".

But Mr Justice Tugendhat, in a ruling handed down at the high court on Thursday, dismissed Tesla's attempt to amend a previous libel claim which was struck out last October.

Tugendhat said Tesla's amendment was "not capable of being defamatory at all, or, if it is, it is not capable of being a sufficiently serious defamatory meaning to constitute a real and substantial tort".
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/feb/23/top-gear-libel-case-tesla-struck-out

Tesla should be back in court again also....for crimes against good vehicle style, and theft of design ideas from thousands of under 10 year old schoolboys ! :lol: :lol:

Hillhater said:
Except that it is all true.
No, it's truthy. Which means something that you FEEL is true but is actually false in reality. Here in the reality based community, words mean things, and facts don't change because of your feelings.

Hillhater said:
Inventing words now bill ? ..truthy ? :roll:
Instead of messing up the English language, why dont you just tell us what was “ false in reality” about that statement ?

Truthy seems to be in the majority of dictionary's (not chromes though) and has been in use since at least the 1700's.
So I guess this makes your most recent post truthy, as it's not true but the word is definitely on the decline when it comes to usage. :lol:
That's pretty funny.

Back on topic, that C pulling the 150 up the hill, if the 150 was in 4WD shouldn't all 4 wheels be spinning?
I'll be frank, I don't know squat about that sort of "competition" (or 4WD for that matter) but it just looks odd how only the rear wheels seem to be protesting?

Hillhater said:
Tesla unsuccessfully sued British television show Top Gear for its 2008 review of the Tesla Roadster (2008) in which Jeremy Clarkson could be seen driving one around the Top Gear test track, complaining about a range of only 55 mi (89 km), before showing workers pushing it into the garage, supposedly out of charge. Tesla filed a lawsuit against the BBC for libel and malicious falsehood, claiming that two cars were provided and that at any point, at least one was ready to drive. Paradoxically, the range of 55 mi was calculated by Tesla itself and supplied to Top Gear as an estimate of the car's range.[16] In addition, Tesla said that neither car ever dropped below 25% charge, and that the scene was staged.[17][18][19][20] However, Top Gear frequently stages scenes for comedic effect, for example by showing Jeremy Clarkson having to refuel the Jaguar XJS three times during the review of it.[21] The High Court in London rejected Tesla's libel claim.[22] The falsehood claims were later struck out.[23]....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_and_controversies_of_Tesla,_Inc

Nice try making up shit.

Did you think people would not click the link you provided?

From the Link you provided

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.

So why don't you post your taxes showing where your money comes from HH and lets see how much you get from ill gotten companies trying to discredit tesla.

While I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he posts, in this instance his link is just a typo that PHPBB created because it doesn't understand that a "." on the end of a URL can be required. It's treating it like a sentence, thinking the dot is just punctuation.

The page it links to has a link to the correct article in the first sentence of content "Did you mean: List of lawsuits and controversies of Tesla, Inc.?"

Click the link on the page, alternatively you can either put a full stop on the end of the URL provided or click here.

Arlo1 said:
Hillhater said:
High Court in London rejected Tesla's libel claim.[22] The falsehood claims were later struck out.[23]...

Nice try making up shit.

Did you think people would not click the link you provided?

From the Link you provided

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.

So why don't you post your taxes showing where your money comes from HH and lets see how much you get from ill gotten companies trying to discredit tesla.
Copy fail ....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_and_controversies_of_Tesla,_Inc.
But you didnt bother with the 2nd link :roll: ..yea,.. sure !
You really didnt know that Tesla tried twice to sue Top Gear.?... if so,. you are either playing dumb, or you really do not know as much as you think you do !.....and you must be useless with search engines .!

Seems the Cybertruck has surpassed 200k pre-orders, will be interesting to see how many of those translate into actual orders.

Hillhater said:
Copy fail ....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_and_controversies_of_Tesla,_Inc.

It's not a copy fail (you did it again), you just don't understand how links work in PHPBB.

Instead of just pasting a link with a "." on the end of it, which will ALWAYS fail, use the link button.
Code for your link would be something like follows:

Code:
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=test.]Example[/url]

Output:
Example

When you click the link you'll see it has a "." in the search query, as it should.
If I just pasted that url below into the comment area it would fail, as seen below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=test.

Nope ! That link works fine.
Copy/paste the site address works fine and has done for the last 10 yrs.
Its the f’ing stupid Apple touch screen keyboard with a “ Undo” key that pops up inplace of the “?123” key , that causes this type of character deletion ( and much worse !) :evil: :x

https://electrek.co/2019/11/24/tesla-test-model-3-drive-into-water/

Not sure I'd be comfortable driving an electric into deep water like that :shock:

--

Hillhater, I just copy-pasted the URL on a windows pc in a normal browser, PHPBB does NOT understand what a fullstop is on the end of a URL.
It will ignore it every single time, your links are all broken and it has nothing to do with Apple or touch screens.
You paste it in any browser, it will not function correctly unless you specifically code the link with the PHPBB code I pasted in my previous message.

My link with "Example" is how to do it properly, it's the only way it will work, every other way will fail.

The same thing applies to URLs with commas ON THE END of the url.

This won't work: https://www.google.com/search?q=test,
This will work: https://www.google.com/search?q=test,

And by work I mean the "," will be included in the URL that loads in the browser.
The previous example that didn't work searched google for "test" whereas it should have searched for "test.".
Any URL that doens't have a , or . on the end of it will paste just fine - the ones ending in punctuation are extremely rare so you just don't realise the error.

I appreciate the thoughts , :bigthumb:
..but the pasted link ( with full stop) works fine for me on various devices.
Even Arlo managed to get to the Wiki page despite the missing character.( and if he had wanted to , he could have reached the full article !)
No one else has commented of any problem with links ( and i have pasted many )
Maybe it is your system that has the problem ?

boars said:
Seems the Cybertruck has surpassed 200k pre-orders, will be interesting to see how many of those translate into actual orders.
Yep. If the previous Tesla models are any indications - most of them. I suspect this truck will appeal to Tesla fans and to people who need trucks for specific reasons, like hauling, towing and jobsite power. It will not appeal to the fashion-conscious.

billvon said:
boars said:
Yep. If the previous Tesla models are any indications - most of them. I suspect this truck will appeal to Tesla fans and to people who need trucks for specific reasons, like hauling, towing and jobsite power. It will not appeal to the fashion-conscious.

Probably also doomsday preppers. :lol:

I just need an affordable vehicle that's electric and is capable of getting up my driveway (first and foremost of my requirements haha)... !

Hillhater said:
Copy fail ....

I'm genuinely curious as to what browser on what device this link actually works in.
I guess it could be a JavaScript rendering engine quirk between browsers or devices.

Regardless it will fail for the majority of web users (chrome/ie/edge/firefox on windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back