QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Dear QS representative,

QS Motor 3000W 138 70H Mid Drive Motor

I'm interested in your 3kw mid drive motor, for a low speed application.
Could you please provide specs/test results for two different windings, i.e. 4T vs 7T?

Motor Type: BLDC Permanent Magnet Inner Rotor Motor With Hall Sensor
Brand: QS Motor, QSMOTOR
Motor Design: Single axle
Magnet Height: 70mm, 40pcs, 5 pole pairs
Diameter of stator: 138mm
Rated Power: 3000W (peak power, pending)
Rated Voltage: 72V as default
Max Torque: approx 56N.m (without Reduction ratio)

Thanks!

Have been running qs 205 50h be for 2.5 years, thebike is always parked outdoors and open to weather elements.
Have pushed 300a peaks through it. (100a battery fuse blown couple of times)
Was getting hot but not too hot.
Opened recently for servicing and only found very minor signs of rust. Cleaned it off and sealed the motor back to work.

What is the most powerful motor you make?

Some of QS's earliest products were very fat and powerful hubmotors made to convert 2-stroke scooters into electric, and then they have supplied factory-electric scooters and motorcycles for many years.

http://www.qs-motor.com/product-catagory/e-scooter-hub-motor/

For high performance bicycle frames, motors that have spoke-holes with the 205mm diameter stator and a 50mm wide magnet are pretty common. The next step up uses a 273mm diameter stator, but be aware that they are physically large and quite heavy.

http://www.qs-motor.com/product/8000w-spoke-hub-motor-v3-type-for-electric-motorcycle/

It is also good to remember that every motor has rated power but you can depending of conditions run them much harder. Heat is the limiting factor. I have qs 205 50h 3000w hub and temperature is monitored by my controller and it has never cut off with 12kw peaks that I run. However at 12kw for a long time it would likely overheat but for most evs you only need lot of power for a few seconds and after that is a lot less.

snakub said:

That depends on what application you need it for. Is it for a bicycle, moped, motorcycle, car or something else? If I remember correct they are also able to make a double stator hub motor. In the basis it is as the title says: 0.5-14kW. That is continuous so the (short) peak power will be (much) higher.

I am building an elongated tube frame chassis and I plan on putting a stream liner body on in. I just built the bottom and top half of the frame for it and I'm stuck on choosing a motor and my friend and I debated that later on we should go with two up front or perhaps motors on all three wheels, but for now due to budget I was thinking just one rear motor. Is there a limit for the amount of power their spokes can handle? In which case it would be better to go with a motor and wheel built in combo in case I want to drag race it later with three motors?

The words "due to budget" don't go well with "what is the most powerful motor you make"...
I think you need to read up on all the pro's and con's of all the type of motors (hub, mid drive and the different types) available out there. And then see what is the best choice for the type of vehicle you want to build.

If it's a trike you're building I would suggest a single shaft car hub motor in a single sided swing arm. That way you can change different wheel and tire combo's easily. This one would do nicely:http://www.qs-motor.com/product/qsmotor-273-12kw-e-car-hub-motor/
Just make sure your budget is more than $5000.- for the motor, controller, accessories and a battery pack that can feed that combo.

So maybe this question was a bit uninformed?:
snakub said:

Where does the tire mount on that motor? The rear wheel goes between the frame rails and what I had planned were two axles coming out of a hub motor with nuts tightening up the motor on the dual threaded shafts on either side. I've seen the 12kw kits on qs motors Aliexpress page going for abut 1200 for everything and I may have enough for three kits I just don't want to be stuck with something if I find out it under performs to my expectations that's all.

meet-luka-ev-a-road-legal-electric-car-powered-by-hub-motors-photo-gallery_11.jpg

http://www.qs-motor.com/product/8000w-v2-electric-car-hub-motor273-model/
some better pics here.

Right just like I thought that motor isn't right for my application. I wanted an in wheel hub motor. If I wanted to use Google I would just try that instead of coming on here. By coming on here I hoped to get people's personal experiences comparisons between known American hub and non hub motors, acceleration times from guys that have actually used them, if they would be right for drag racing. I've gotten nothing but invective from this Slowco character he seems to definitely not have good will on here but in earlier posts I've already told the qs representative what the weight of my vehicle was and expected application but so far no response that's why I thought asking a simple basic question would be a better tactic like if I'm at a car dealership and ask hey what's the performance model like for this car or how powerful is it's engine now how would you respond if they told you to just google it?

Please understand that it is just now the end of a big week-long Chinese National Holiday, so it is not surprising that they are not responding here or anywhere else. Secondly, this thread does not appear to be an “official” form of communication with the corporation. You can see that for yourself by looking at the dates of the posts from QS — they are all over the place. Instead, I found it better to communicate directly via their website. At least it worked very well for me. Perhaps others have had less luck. But I would at least give it a try. YMMV.

Hi, I'm interested to see if a QS motor could be good for a utility trike.

• Motorcycle-style front fork clamps on axle
• 155/80-13 tire, or could do a wider tire with 12" rim
• Ideally, 16 rpm/v for 60V battery, or 13.3 rpm/v for 72V battery
• Front GAWR is 675 lbs.
• 3000 W minimum, but the more the better!
• Hot climate: 30°- 35°C

Hi, I'm interested in buying an engine for my 72V scooter. The scooter weighs about 90kg + pilot. I need a maximum speed between 85kmh and 100kmh. Scooter with 10 inch wheel. I saw a 3kW 138 70H kit but with a 12 "wheel. Is it possible to have it with a 10 inch wheel and shock absorber connection on the left side?

QSMOTOR said:
Thank you,
Judy
E-mail: judy@tzquanshun.com

I would like to know if is possible to have a QS 205 50H V3 with a 7.5X12 rim for an e-scooter like this one that I will have at home very soon?
file.php

Maybe a motor like these one with a 7.5X12 rim?
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/Top%20Selling%2048V%20Brushless%20DC%20In-Wheel%20Moped%20Hub%20Motor%2012inch%2050H%203000W%20V3%20Type%20for%20Scooter/195.html

I have similar question, home page lacks basic info on the mid drive motors: there seems to be three different motor variants available at alibaba for the 3000w 138 70h motor:
54012281-79CC-4028-9A6E-D7E8F24D8D46.png
What is the kV for these motor variants?
It is very interesting to be able to choose between these to build an optimal system.

Can you share how many wire turns, how many parallell wires and diameter of each wire?

They don't do customisation if not plannet to do so. And they did not plan to do custom winding for the motor.

What rpm you aim for? What's wrong with current, max 6000rpm with field weakening.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Back