Tesla Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deposit is $10 returnable so it has no real value to how many will really sell, I've always sat on the fence with tesla the interior and dash is not my idea of quality the jaguar I pace is more ideal from an interior point of view but this new cybertruck completely tares the rule book up as usual.

No doubt people will buy it but the deposts mean nothing at the moment its a small returnable amount I've never seen any car manufacturer sell in such fashion its a super hype train event everytime something gets released, I can't see it stealing the main market share for Pickups and the reveal went down so well share holders value took a hit.

It's not over for tesla just yet 2020 looks to be a ruff financial year for the globe as a whole China's had 3 banks go into goverment control deutschebank is in huge trouble UK and US has to many problems to list financially and politically not many will profit from this global collapse only the top 1% and that's no good for stability Hong Kong is making its move and now the rioters as they are called have political power so its a case of if they get listen to or not by china which are in deep shit as they have been acting out genocide in prison camps on hundreds of thousands of people wiping religion from Shenzhen citizens and beyond the communist party is falling like the Nazis they are portraying power when there's very little back bone left it's all been squandered on wasteful investments and the debt bubble they face is in the trillions, one year of Australia working for nothing so all economy are gonna feel a shit load of stress pushing for a international monetary fund one world bank company's best hold on with talons.

For many years now I have been amazed at the stupidity of the big auto mgf's making trucks taller and ... less aerodynamic than just a couple of decades ago. ( note the Chevy 1500 trucks from 20 + years ago , much lower to the ground and better shapes than the Barn House type shapes that are being sold as trucks these days ) .

Now comes Tesla's Designers showing the World how trucks should be designed for better aerodynamics / better millage per charge.

Will they sell large numbers of these trucks ?
Yes especially here in Silicon Valley , where you can see between 10-20 Tesla Cars on the road each day just driving around doing some errands .

While Much the rest of the world is going into economic decline, here in the U.S. we have the best employment we have seen in the last 50 years , More Jobs , better Pay . There will be plenty of buyers for this truck .
Add to that , Now the big Three Auto Mgf's will have to design better trucks as well now that the Tesla Designers have shown us this truck.

This is a big win for all of us , for many reasons .

Ianhill said:
No doubt people will buy it but the deposts mean nothing at the moment its a small returnable amount I've never seen any car manufacturer sell in such fashion . . .
Tesla does it to gauge demand. Since they are a new company they can't rely on 30 years of sales records for one of their older vehicles.
It's not over for tesla just yet 2020 looks to be a ruff financial year for the globe as a whole China's had 3 banks go into goverment control deutschebank is in huge trouble UK and US has to many problems to list financially and politically not many will profit from this global collapse only the top 1% and that's no good for stability Hong Kong is making its move and now the rioters as they are called have political power so its a case of if they get listen to or not by china which are in deep shit as they have been acting out genocide in prison camps on hundreds of thousands of people wiping religion from Shenzhen citizens and beyond the communist party is falling like the Nazis they are portraying power when there's very little back bone left it's all been squandered on wasteful investments and the debt bubble they face is in the trillions, one year of Australia working for nothing so all economy are gonna feel a shit load of stress pushing for a international monetary fund one world bank company's best hold on with talons.
So it's not over for Tesla because Nazis are like communists and they don't have a backbone, and the IMF? I think your point may have gotten lost in the above.

billvon said:
and the IMF?

What's Tom Cruise got to do with it?! :lol:

The styling on the CT is bold and challenging. But despite being physically huge and bulky it is surprisingly svelte from some angles. It is nothing if not unique though and it's either going to bomb or become a classic. If the latter then Tesla have a cult icon and a monopoly. What undaring or me-too design, however nice, ever redefined anything?

For me though it's too big (and inefficient). But I am far from it's target market. I do like it though. I'd love to hire one.

Punx0r said:
For me though it's too big (and inefficient). But I am far from it's target market. I do like it though. I'd love to hire one.
Me as well. Between roof racks and trailer hitches I have always done fine with very small cars. If I can carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood a few miles, and tow a U-haul-it trailer, I am good.

billvon said:
So it's not over for Tesla because Nazis are like communists and they don't have a backbone, and the IMF? I think your point may have gotten lost in the above.

I think he was saying Tesla has the same global issues as every other manufacturer but it's only bad for Tesla? :pancake:

Whoever said the depost was $10 was off by a zero. $100US for Americans, other countries like Australia had to put down $150.
But like was said, it's refundable. How many deposits converted to sales on the model 3? Seemingly quite a lot.

How else do you guage interest in a new vehicle such as this?

boars said:
Whoever said the depost was $10 was off by a zero. $100US for Americans, other countries like Australia had to put down $150.
But like was said, it's refundable. How many deposits converted to sales on the model 3? Seemingly quite a lot.
I saw a rant by a Tesla short about a year ago about how "only" 76% of deposits converted to sales . . .

billvon said:
I saw a rant by a Tesla short about a year ago about how "only" 76% of deposits converted to sales . . .

So at this stage only > 152,00 sales*, or somewhere between $6,064,800,000 and $10,624,800,000
Without factoring in Full self driving sales of $7,000 per vehicle that has the option selected.
If only 10% of vehicles do that, that's an extra: $106,400,000 - not a huge amount but not bad for software sales that isn't delivered yet.

(* 76% of 200k pre-orders - one can only assume this number is now bigger)

Dire news indeed.

One thing people don't seem to talk about is 240V power and possibly air compressor built-in. I would assume, and really hope that 240V can handle 50A, as that is what a lot of people would need to run welding equipment. I know just inverters alone could be worth many thousands of dollars (I have two SMA Sunny Islands retailing for $5,000 each). But really, what would it cost to add a professional 240V/50A generator to an ICE pickup ? What would it cost to operate it long term (maintenance, fuel) ?

Do you see the links between the info I stated and tesla ? Germany gigafactory will be built there, China just got up and running after an impressive 6 month turn around from dirt to production and US of course is the mothership all these country's have financial bubbles in the trillions ready to pop amongst the bank and housing markets so deposits today for a car in 3 years or so means nothing if an economy fails just look at jaguar with the xj2220 for instance and the cost price again is hard to promise when the materials will be bought on a future market that's the price today but you will buy in 2 years so it will change model 3 is proof of that.

I'm not bashing on electric cars or do I hate every tesla move I want a world of electric cars better cleaner transport links to eliminate the car if possible but I don't see a future of massive beasts other than for highly privileged which is a niche market even the model 3 is a large car.

I've only seen tech release like this by Apple or Nvidia etc didn't see the Nissan leaf get released with such fashion I found it funny myself and elon never fails to amaze or amuse one of the two Honda showed their little compact at frankfurt motorshow like most traditional manufacturers gauged response across a larger profile of people on the trade floor and as actual test cars for journalists to drive and review and now take reserved orders with a promise of delivery early 2020 all that finesse makes tesla and the model 3 team blush.

And no company will escape an economic collapse but some as positioned better than others to weather the storm to me it looks like tesla is sat and all the main hotspots that's waiting to pop and I can't blame elon for choosing German over UK we have a real mess on out plate by mid December the truth depth of this crash will become more clear as more news comes in but when ray dalio bets against the market saying it will crash out witj good evidence u have to admit times look highly unsettled and tough this is what will bring uncertainty amongst preorders true market value as the market will be alot different as the time scale to delivery is just too large that brings lots of factors that in a good market can cheapen a car but I'm afraid we are not in a market position for that to happen.

That's a lot to digest.

But frankly Ford and GM have already had to be bailed out by gov' - they'll topple quite easily once again in a dire economic situation.
If things actually get as dire as you predict, there'll likely be fails all over the shop and there's a lot of manufacturers poised poorly.

You're right about cost though, my countries dollar is taking a bit of a beating sadly :( in 2 years I wonder where it'll be.

Meanwhile dealing with what we can see and no crystal ball future, Tesla is growing in Europe and seemingly taking top position away from BMW in terms of electrics:
https://thedriven.io/2019/11/27/bmw-electric-car-sales-chart-shows-tesla-model-3-taking-over-europe/

Also if things get dire, our fuel price is possibly going to go bananas and I'd personally prefer to have an electric at that point, or a small cylinder motorcycle that gets <2.5L/100km :D Our fuel cycle seems a bit volatile at the moment, 30-40 percent jumps overnight are crazy.

Cybertruck thread is closed come on guys ? it's not that offensive on there, I didn't even start it just raised some valid points and had bit of a laugh at elons expense let's face it he is not perfect himself he has a deformation lawsuit then it got personal but water off a ducks back to me I'll apologise if I offended but I was clear there's no need to have such sly digs but I did join in so have no high ground.

Enough said of that australia Lego branching out testing new business ideas and taken deposits soon for their new truck LMAO.

Ianhill said:
Cybertruck thread is closed come on guys ?

I have sent a message to moderators asking why it was closed, and got no response. Perhaps they're secretly on payroll with oil companies ? :mrgreen:

cricketo said:
Ianhill said:
Cybertruck thread is closed come on guys ?

I have sent a message to moderators asking why it was closed, and got no response. Perhaps they're secretly on payroll with oil companies ? :mrgreen:
Or .....maybe it was because the images were so offensive to good taste ! :shock:

Here is an explanation for SIX orders for the CT, all in one family !...and the guy hates it !
PS..try his other videos....he is a incredible dynamo in his hobby aircraft build shop.
[youtube]s29pVRtyLJA[/youtube]

They now claim pre-orders for the truck are over 250K. Not sure what it'll look like when it hits streets- I'm not sure how a slab of stainless steel can have a pedestrian impact rating other than "Ghallager"- but this is one of the first vehicles I'm legit excited for. I'd still want to drive one before buying, but I'm about to toss $100 down for it. This thing just bleeds futurism.

Ianhill said:
Cybertruck thread is closed come on guys ? it's not that offensive on there,

Dude, you got the thread locked because you claimed someone who agreed with Elon had to be tongue-punching his Jimmy John sandwich, and when they told you off you called their parents gay.

You only get to be stupid if you're funny while you do it.

nicobie said:
CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:

:mrgreen:

That used to be the #1 rule at the old SA forums (I wish it was here too).

I will never forget the saga of Groverhaus, or the thrill of a thread where each time you'd come back to it 3 more replies would be posted. It's all gone now.

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
They now claim pre-orders for the truck are over 250K. Not sure what it'll look like when it hits streets- I'm not sure how a slab of stainless steel can have a pedestrian impact rating other than "Ghallager"- but this is one of the first vehicles I'm legit excited for. I'd still want to drive one before buying, but I'm about to toss $100 down for it. This thing just bleeds futurism.

Ianhill said:
Cybertruck thread is closed come on guys ? it's not that offensive on there,

Dude, you got the thread locked because you claimed someone who agreed with Elon had to be tongue-punching his Jimmy John sandwich, and when they told you off you called their parents gay.

Have a read again ;) I not call anyones parents gay I said he was an inbred for saying I'm a product of a gay marriage because I had a joke at elons expense read it again it's the tesla crew with they bum bags in a twist again.

Ianhill said:
Have a read again ;) I not call anyones parents gay I said he was an inbred for saying I'm a product of a gay marriage because I had a joke at elons expense read it again it's the tesla crew with they bum bags in a twist again.

Perhaps you're too elaborate of a joker, and should keep such jokes to yourself then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back