14s6p pack design

Minshull

100 µW
Hey I am looking for any and all opinions on my pack design before I solder everything fully, I do believe I am correct with the design, theoretically. However another opinion never hurt anybody!!

Design:
Custom design with a 1000w eBay kit.
(Upgrading to 1500w after I’m happy with the battery performance)

Specs:

2x 14s6p packs (first pack shown and second to be added later)

Bus bars: 25mm2 pure copper wire
Fuses : 5amp household FireWire
Battery’s: LG M29 (10amp) 2850maH

Moreover, I’d like to use 8gauge copper coated aluminium (756strands) as the cables from the packs to the controller
Across roughly 0.7m?

https://imgshare.io/image/ED8Dp

I think your "bus bars" are overkill, but there is nothing wrong with having conductors that exceed the "minimum requirements". Especially since you mention that you will be using fuses...

My 14S6P pack: split into two 7S6P on either side of the wheel well.
Built it integral to the rack in otherwise wasted space.
Its all aluminium,so the air flow of the wheel cools the batteries and two BMS(es).
The batteries are Gap Welded as 1S6P packs, then interconnected with 8GA wire to provide amperage, vibration tolerance, and the convoluted shape of the rack. Works great on my GMAC8T / Phaserunner / CA3 / PAS / 29er MTB system.
They can charge in series or parallel, since each side has its own connectors. (yes, it does work this way)
The Battery and Controller (small silver wedge near the top of the wheel) all come of with 4 easy bolts.

Cheers!

"In the triangle batteries just look too obvious the bike is over powered, IMHO. Better CG being forward, agreed.
The Motor simulator at Grin Tach was accurate. But around here 28mph is the limit and easily reached.

You should try and mount the bags forward of the rear axle otherwise it will be a wheelie machine to the point of ridiculousness. Otherwise a counterweight over the front wheel will be necessary- or lean forward when starting out, up a hill, etc.

full acceleration "wheelies", haven't even been close to an issue, thanks.
Its PAS, It doesn't do anything until I pedal...then it Goes.....!

Back