la Nina rears her ugly head

We're due for more rain on Wed day and night, but not a high amount (maybe 1/4"). Oher than that it's bene clear and sunny mostly, but cold (40s F) at night, and only in the 60s in the day.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************* :)

Raining again here after a brief dry spell. Not much expected today but another system moves in around Friday afternoon. 1.50"-4.00" predicted in my area. That's a pretty wide range, but I tend to get closer to the high end. We'll see.

Time to rig up some fenders for the fat bike so I can go mud riding. Last year I just rode without fenders and things got a little messy, but it was still fun. I can float over mud patches that the skinny tire bikes just sink into.

Been raining most of the night and probably day in the "OC", but totals will probably be only an inch or so. Was riding at 4,000'+ yesterday in Saddleback Mountain and had fun in the snow.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/powerful-storm-to-slam-west-coast-with-feet-of-snow-flooding-rain-late-this-week/639384

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 64. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Friday Night
Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday
Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 62.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 49.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
*********************************************************** :)

About 3” here since Friday. Keeps coming down. They are predicting it will dry out a little next week. Trail riding for tomorrow is sketchy at this point. I don’t have fenders on the fat bike so it would be a mud bath in spots.

Been drizzling since just before I left work, so it's pretty wet out there now. DUnno how long it will last, but it's supposed to rain "mainly *after* 11pm" 80% chance, and it's not even 830 right now. So it'll probably keep raining, and possibly get stronger.

La Niña Rain Gage
************************************************************* :)

Well, finally got to go riding. It was not too bad in most of the areas but there was one stretch that was really soaked. It’s hard to tell from the picture, but this is pretty steep and there was a big puddle across the whole road at the bottom. Bike needs a wash now. 590982BF-72E1-4318-AA31-D255C2525C8E.jpeg

Still drizzling every so often much of today, though it's sort of clear-ish now, still expected to rain more thru tomorrow morning, then foggy and hten sunny.

Detailed Forecast
Overnight
Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Calm wind.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 50. Calm wind.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 76.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 49.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.