Rusted Turnigy 6364 213kv motor screws

nunchaku101

10 mW
I have a dual motor mountainboard, one of the bearings was making a noise so when I decided to oil the bearing I found I can not remove the housing, the screws holding the housing are seized, has anyone had this issue with them?

I would not have imagined that would even be a thing.

What should I do? I am not really wanting to buy a new motor for it, it is a shame as it rides like a dirtbike, the thing just goes with such power but this has annoyed me.

The £50 could be spent on better things and to buy another to have the same issue again would not be worth it.

I damaged a bit of some of the screws trying to get them out but stopped before they got fully broken, should I wd-40 them? Oil?

Thank you

If you already damaged screw then there are slim chances getting it out without destroying it, it’s so small.

Heat screw with a soldering pen (not to the point that you can’t hold the can) and let cool a few times if you have a high watt pen, otherwise don’t bother.

Oil the screws

Smack a slightly too large torx bit into the allen key hole, drill hole out a bit if hole is damaged. Purpose is to get a grip fit on the torx bit

Screw!

Have a beer :D

Thank you very much for the detail, but should I heat first and then oil or oil first, let it soak and then give and cool?

Thanks.

Thank you, I am using a soldering iron to see if the heating loosens them, I will keep at it. I have been a bit busy with my business but I need to sort this out.

Is rust remover something that would be recommended? This seems to possibly be suitable.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JENOLITE-Rust-Remover-Liquid-Trigger-Spray-500g/264530690050?hash=item3d97420002:g:3OYAAOSwndFdypdR

Has anyone else had this problem? Turnigy using rustable screws seems retarded to me.
If I get the screws out I will replace them with marine steel screws.

Apologies for so many questions it is jsut weird that they would use these screws.

Thank you

Back