Logo with Reversed "R" and a B: Help to Identify This Bike

kauaicycler

Administrator
I'm trying to find out the brand and specs of this bike. Does anyone recognize it? The logo looks like a reversed capital r and a capital b with the word BIKE all uppercase with a flame. Here's a picture;
IMG_1072.jpg

Thanks!

marty said:
Adobe Photoshop
Original image 4032x3024. Crop logo. Now it's 982x736. Easier for me to see.
IMG_1072_lg.jpg

Thanks! That should make it easier to recognize. I tried googling "RB Bike" but couldn't find anything.

You may never find a brand.. lots of those get made and sold under some random name that keeps changing. But that one is your basic really really cheap fat bike. Steel, easy to bend cranks, the lowest grade cable disc brake (that can be hard to find pads for), three piece steel stamped together hubs..

Voltron said:
You may never find a brand.. lots of those get made and sold under some random name that keeps changing. But that one is your basic really really cheap fat bike. Steel, easy to bend cranks, the lowest grade cable disc brake (that can be hard to find pads for), three piece steel stamped together hubs..

Thanks!... I have very little experience with bikes but this “looked” cheap to me... this is half of the Electra fat tire bike I’m thinking of getting... I think I’ll pass on this bike...

you buying new electra? because the used ones are cheaper, but sometimes a certain seller will be selling it for real cheap, especially now that its nearing xmas time.

markz said:
you buying new electra? because the used ones are cheaper, but sometimes a certain seller will be selling it for real cheap, especially now that its nearing xmas time.
I’m looking at the fat tire lux mostly because I want a cruiser style bike with disk brakes and external gears... not a lot of choices with that here in flat Florida... I do keep looking though that’s why I was asking about this bike....

kauaicycler said:
markz said:
I’m looking at the fat tire lux mostly because I want a cruiser style bike with disk brakes and external gears... not a lot of choices with that here in flat Florida... I do keep looking though that’s why I was asking about this bike....

Yeah them townie electra lux's look nice, I believe they are a 2.50" 'fat' tire right, I checked and they are actually "Electra Balloon 26" X 2.35", which is good for the bus transit system being how wide their racks are for tire cradle. The last motor I burnt, was a wimpy 300-500W motor I had laced a 2.50" and it fit the bus bicycle rack barely, by shoving it in hard with normal psi in the tire.

Florida is flat, but some hills so a 3 speed crank gear is not necessary and being motorized is even not as necessary.

I loved my townie electra cruiser 21D which was 3x7 gears and normal mtb tires on it. The feet forward design felt good, along with the handle bar position.

A lot of the used Lux's here are expensive. I wonder if you couldnt just get a regular style electra and put the 2.35" tires on it, I am sure they would fit fine. I honestly dont know what the difference is between the bicycles, other then the 2nd top bar that will get in the way if you put a triangle battery in the frame.

My old townie electra's frame broke, mxus hub 3kw, plus me 375lbs but it only broke at the spot where the cable goes into the frame, the hole. I feel as though when I had stored it, and the bicycle frame fell a half dozen times onto concrete and that shock is what did the hairline fracture in.

Either way the Lux sure looks Luxerious!

Rad bikes are electric, so not them.

markz said:
kauaicycler said:
markz said:

Yeah them townie electra lux's look nice, I believe they are a 2.50" 'fat' tire right, I checked and they are actually "Electra Balloon 26" X 2.35", which is good for the bus transit system being how wide their racks are for tire cradle. The last motor I burnt, was a wimpy 300-500W motor I had laced a 2.50" and it fit the bus bicycle rack barely, by shoving it in hard with normal psi in the tire.

Florida is flat, but some hills so a 3 speed crank gear is not necessary and being motorized is even not as necessary.

I loved my townie electra cruiser 21D which was 3x7 gears and normal mtb tires on it. The feet forward design felt good, along with the handle bar position.

A lot of the used Lux's here are expensive. I wonder if you couldnt just get a regular style electra and put the 2.35" tires on it, I am sure they would fit fine. I honestly dont know what the difference is between the bicycles, other then the 2nd top bar that will get in the way if you put a triangle battery in the frame.

My old townie electra's frame broke, mxus hub 3kw, plus me 375lbs but it only broke at the spot where the cable goes into the frame, the hole. I feel as though when I had stored it, and the bicycle frame fell a half dozen times onto concrete and that shock is what did the hairline fracture in.

Either way the Lux sure looks Luxerious!

Actually I'm looking at this bike https://www.electrabike.com/bikes/cruiser/cruiser-lux-fat-tire-7d which is a fat tire version of the lux 7d. The tires on this one are the Electra Fatty Balloon 26" X 3.5"

You bring up a good point about the size of the bike racks on buses. My plan is to buy the bike and then motorize it once I've saved the money. That may take awhile so I was hoping to use the bus system to extend my range while I don't have a motor. Once motorized I will probably not put it on a bus but it would be nice to have as an option. I imagine the weight of the completed bike with motor and battery would also limit my ability to use a bike rack anyway. It follows that fat tires will also limit my ability to use other types of bike racks as well. Thanks for mentioning that!

I'll start a build thread once I get everything I need to get started. I've seen build threads for this particular bike using a BBSHD, leaf 1500, and a mxus 3kw. All three builds were done by the same guy on the same bike. I'm having a hard time deciding on the motor as I've considered all three of these myself. I'm leaning towards the mxus though.

Back