Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

It is a lot of fender compared to the rear fender which I think could be bigger. I ordered 3 front fenders and I will make some more brackets and put them up on my website. I am just used to a front fender from my motorcycling days.

Has anyone installed the nuclear controller on their Sur-Ron with a stock battery? How did it perform?

Offroader said:
Has anyone installed the nuclear controller on their Sur-Ron with a stock battery? How did it perform?

Yeah, I'm also interested in this, thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these!

yes this wurks good ,silent, more top speed,more peak power(not much) good regen and easy to tune via the display.motor runs cooler :thumb:
Batterie Amps maximum was 89A(full charged battery @90A the bms trips).
I think there is les power from a stand stil and not easy to wheelie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDCeJXqwZY = nucular 12F,stock battery, bigger tyres+belt drive from allex 75kmh fully charged battery on flat road.

SCM said:
Offroader said:

Yeah, I'm also interested in this, thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these!

Time permitting Ill be installing a 24f this weekend, with an auxiliary battery to get a few more amps to the motor. Will also have a stock battery mode too so will update how it goes. Also need to replace foot pegs and a few other bits after a small crash so hence time permitting
:(

Hi fellow SurRon enthusiasts,

I'm waiting on my order for 24f Nuclear too.. . Tossed up over ASI BAC800 , but felt there was more upside with this controller at around half ASI prices... so ill be interested to see how that installation goes and performance increase goes Sn0wchyld. I ride my Surron Aussie registered bike on roads strictly to commute to work at present. Its meant to be a restricted class LA moto over here... max 50ks. although I dont know anyone who has bought one who has not de-restricted it.. I have other electric bikes for off road applications but will eventually put a 72V battery in it and ride off road as well.

Being 6.2 and 95kgs i found the bike naturally small compared to my normal e-bikes and other motos i have had and the riding position uncomfortable when riding 50ks each day to work on it. So I have had a custom seat modded up over the original seat pan by a bike seat modder ( who is a bit of an acknowledged genius here in Aust when it comes to these type of things) that I have just put onto the bike and this has increased my riding height position by around 1 inch upwards and 2 inches backwards ( which is quite a lot without changing the over dynamics too much) and it is a much wider and thicker seat and extremely comfortable. I also have 3 inch riser bars and a stem extender fitted... I am really happy with the quality and result of this seat for the price I paid. :D From reading the posts in this forum ( as i regularly do) I know a few of you have considered options with custom seats for Surron , welding metal on to frame to push the seat back and also the seat extenders option ( that Suron Shop sells) ... but outside of Mark Kitaoka who had Renazco Racing build him a custom suede seat made for big $$$'s.. im not sure who has custom modded their seat? What has been achieved for me .. is a much more comfortable riding platform with the benefits of a higher and further back riding position - which for me ticks all of the boxes, that just pushing the existing seat backwards, or using seat extenders would not have achieved.

I actually bought a spare second seat to do this ( as it was a 2 week leas time and i wanted to continue to ride the bike) so i still have the original seat the bike came with - you can see the difference below from the photos. If anyone is interested, im happy to share the cost and the details for the modder. It would be easy for fellow Aussie Surron owners to get this done and i assume o/seas postage would increase the cost for Eu and Us.

cheers
Nic

View attachment 3
suron seat 7.JPG
Suron Seat 4.JPG

Pinotman said:
Hi fellow SurRon enthusiasts,

I'm waiting on my order for 24f Nuclear too.. . Tossed up over ASI BAC800 , but felt there was more upside with this controller at around half ASI prices... so ill be interested to see how that installation goes and performance increase goes Sn0wchyld. I ride my Surron Aussie registered bike on roads strictly to commute to work at present. Its meant to be a restricted class LA moto over here... max 50ks. although I dont know anyone who has bought one who has not de-restricted it.. I have other electric bikes for off road applications but will eventually put a 72V battery in it and ride off road as well.

Being 6.2 and 95kgs i found the bike naturally small compared to my normal e-bikes and other motos i have had and the riding position uncomfortable when riding 50ks each day to work on it. So I have had a custom seat modded up over the original seat pan by a bike seat modder ( who is a bit of an acknowledged genius here in Aust when it comes to these type of things) that I have just put onto the bike and this has increased my riding height position by around 1 inch upwards and 2 inches backwards ( which is quite a lot without changing the over dynamics too much) and it is a much wider and thicker seat and extremely comfortable. I also have 3 inch riser bars and a stem extender fitted... I am really happy with the quality and result of this seat for the price I paid. :D From reading the posts in this forum ( as i regularly do) I know a few of you have considered options with custom seats for Surron , welding metal on to frame to push the seat back and also the seat extenders option ( that Suron Shop sells) ... but outside of Mark Kitaoka who had Renazco Racing build him a custom suede seat made for big $$$'s.. im not sure who has custom modded their seat? What has been achieved for me .. is a much more comfortable riding platform with the benefits of a higher and further back riding position - which for me ticks all of the boxes, that just pushing the existing seat backwards, or using seat extenders would not have achieved.

I actually bought a spare second seat to do this ( as it was a 2 week leas time and i wanted to continue to ride the bike) so i still have the original seat the bike came with - you can see the difference below from the photos. If anyone is interested, im happy to share the cost and the details for the modder. It would be easy for fellow Aussie Surron owners to get this done and i assume o/seas postage would increase the cost for Eu and Us.

cheers
Nic

Suron seat 1.JPG
suron seat 7.JPG
Suron Seat 4.JPG

Suron Seat 6.JPG

yea agreed the seat is rather uncomfortable after a 1/2 hour or so.
care to share who made it and $?

seat was made by
mjmcustommotorbikeseats.com.au
Mick McCarthy is the owner and contact. $220 Aus. :D

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
it was sportsman class, run what you brung.. still cool to see though, can't wait for some modified surrons to race the gassers next..

Sorry for bringing up this old post, I am way behind on the forum and got some reading up to do :p

What are the rules in sportsman class regarding fueling/battery swap? Could he possible do battery swap ie at the time registration stops? Would that be within the rules? Quick swap battery whenever need be, upgraded controller and that race would have turned out totally different.

The Alta mx also had struggles with capacity during enduro race. As of today, frequent battery swaps during the race is the only way to actually compete in enduro if that is possible within the rule books.

[youtube]jAzfnszBao4[/youtube]
https://www.facebook.com/lowentech/videos/554411672078756/
Sorry if this is a repost. First backflip I have seen on the Surron. Seems like they are using custom controller, Fox 40 suspension. Sweet riding. I would have thought more kids would be doing similar stuff by now - good to finally see it happening on this bike. Tons of potential. Love to see someone like Pastrana ride it. I'm old, so don't know who the new crazy moto riders are.

I'm still trying to find the page, but saw the Storm bee on Alibaba yesterday from the Jiesutu seller. They sell the lightbee, so think its legit. They had the bike listed for $4150 or similar. That would be a doable price for me! Can't find it anymore, maybe a place holder for the future listing.

Found it, but price has changed - $5390 with $1300 shipping to the US. Total of $6690. Looks like 10% discount if bought before January 15, 2020. Sales start in February, don't know if that means will ship by then or what.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.178f3b7cB5CcoH

H5b8695aa1ddc4d188b131fe55623f0d0D.png_.webp

H5fe97e6ebe974342a4fdb883f902783br.png

That new Sur ron will it be EU street legal? Seen rumors it will be supermotard version too...could be a really urban hooligan bike.

Boom Bee - does that price include the 10% discount?

or do we get 10% on top of that price?

the surron ron is so pricey to make trail worthy, the stock bike cannot handle abuse. By the time all those upgrades are in the boom bee will actually be cheaper - assuming it also doesnt have junky parts (sur ron jas junk tires, junk wheels, junk brake pads, junk fork, junk shock, no fenders, junk handlebar, junk headset, junk seat)

well I guess I will be the forum guinea pig. I am busy placing an order on the alibaba thing. Storm bee + extra 2nd battery + shipping to los angeles for $8000

btw I already own one sur ron, to get a sur ron up to spec for real abuse and a 2nd battery is more than $8000

Jasonjm said:
well I guess I will be the forum guinea pig. I am busy placing an order on the alibaba thing. Storm bee + extra 2nd battery + shipping to los angeles for $8000

btw I already own one sur ron, to get a sur ron up to spec for real abuse and a 2nd battery is more than $8000

Be sure to keep us posted :p

did you manage to confirm any of the specs? ie 7kwh battery sounds huge for the weight of the whole bike... but good if true.

i asked what fork it is (I have seen 3 different forks mentioned so far), and I just asked if its a 4.6kwh battery or a 7 kwh battery. I suspect its the former.

also how is storm bee claiming 520nm torque? the alta has 50nm torque if i remember at 35kw

so somehow it has 10 times the torque of an alta?

Jasonjm said:
i asked what fork it is (I have seen 3 different forks mentioned so far), and I just asked if its a 4.6kwh battery or a 7 kwh battery. I suspect its the former.

also how is storm bee claiming 520nm torque? the alta has 50nm torque if i remember at 35kw

so somehow it has 10 times the torque of an alta?

rear wheel vs motor shaft i suspect

Jasonjm said:

Where did you find the extra battery listed for sale?

i didn't, i made a deal, asked them to give me a better price with a 2nd battery included.

they dont know how many kwh the batteries will be, and they dont know what forks / suspension will be installed

talk about ordering in the dark lol

Jasonjm said:
i didn't, i made a deal, asked them to give me a better price with a 2nd battery included.

they dont know how many kwh the batteries will be, and they dont know what forks / suspension will be installed

talk about ordering in the dark lol

They should send you a complimentary wheelbarrow to carry around your "first adopter" balls. :thumb:

Back